+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w for 3.1.3 3G/3GS with 05.11.07

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TheOnlyest Can someone tell me WHERE I can get this custom 3.1.3 firmware that keeps your bb at 5.11.07, so I can use this unlock? Or perhaps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Can someone tell me WHERE I can get this custom 3.1.3 firmware that keeps your bb at 5.11.07, so I can use this unlock?
    Or perhaps a 3.1.2 that will work with iTunes??

I have a 3G that still had 3.0.1 on it, and I used the "clear media and settings" function in the settings app to clear the calendar, contacts, etc so I can SELL the phone.
    In doing so, the stupid POS put itself in the endless boot-loop of death. iTunes wont let me restore with anything but 3.1.3, which I know better than to do.

I need to restore to anything 3.0.1 or newer and unlock... help!
    up at the top click on downloads and then under categories click on firmware and that's where they are!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

^that is NOT where they are. MMI does not host custom firmwares. Use google to find them.

Thanks

^^ ohhhh my bad

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are the stock Apple firmware links. You definitely don't want to use those by themselves.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by generalmilk View Post
    Hi, Pushfix,

Don't know if you can see this post.

This might not related to the WIFI fix. Cause when you have your
    Blacksn0w RC1 newly installed, it Probably make no problems to wifi. It only shows problem after several reboots, what's exactly caused that is unknown, maybe you set your cell network APN, maybe other debs installed. But it must have some relations for blacksn0w. Because when you delete it, all going fine.

So your feeling of wifi fix may only because you just newly installed the blacksn0w, whether RC1 or RC2 is not the point.
    But this is only a guess, if you can prove it wrong, that's great!
    I had WiFi problems the minute I installed blacksn0w RC1 (original Geohot release). It would work once and then when I rebooted, WiFi would be gone. If I continued to reboot, it would not come back. The only thing that brought it back was a "reset network settings". This made it work again for ONE boot. Any power off or soft reboot caused it to stop working again.

This is on an original bootrom 3GS on 3.1.2.

With this RC2 release, I power cycled my phone approximately 25-30 times and I had one instance of messed up WiFi. I rebooted (WITHOUT resetting network settings) and WiFi came right up. I also soft rebooted around 10 times during those 30 boots and none of them resulted in dead WiFi. Sometimes I left the phone off for 5 seconds, other times 10 minutes. This was a HUGE improvement for me.

RC2 adds support for 3.1.3, you can't argue that. Whether it fixes WiFi is still open to debate as no one really knows what causes it. It should be obvious that the settings files are getting corrupted and that is why the reset network settings fixes it. It should also be obvious that something in blacksn0w is causing CommCenter to become corrupted as it rarely happens without blacksn0w (although it IS known to happen).

Here is a description of the other fix msft.guy did besides fixing the string that it searched for to locate the area of memory to patch.

Among other things, blacksn0w patches this instruction:

MOV R0, R5

This stored the result code in R0 and then returned from the subroutine. R5 (and thus R0) contained 0 if it failed a signature check and 1 if it passed.

Blacksn0w RC1 patches the instruction to:

MOV R1, #1

This was supposed to set it to always return successful, however it stored 1 in the wrong register! R0 was left with whatever unknown value that it had from instructions prior, including a call to _CFRelease. It's value was completely unknown and probably random. My analysis is that this random return code may have been causing problems.

msft.guy patched it to :

MOV R0, #1

which is the proper instruction, given the code in question.

Thanks

man my 3gs is unlocked wit blackra1n on 3.1 i wanna and neeed to update sooo bad but im not even tryna mess anything up!! lol
    Im a NEW Iphone junky, former Android/WM user

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now that apple is selling unlocked Iphones
    Apple Now Selling iPhones without requiring AT&T contract in US.

how come it's taking forever to get this unlocked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They aren't selling unlocked phones, they didn't understand their source correctly. They are selling phones without contracts...big difference.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    They aren't selling unlocked phones, they didn't understand their source correctly. They are selling phones without contracts...big difference.
    So you're saying that these "No Contract" Iphone are still locked to AT&T?

Thanks

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Thanks

This is still VERY buggy. I installed this version of blacksn0w on TWO 3GS's. On both of them they were at 3.1.2. I restored both of them with custom 3.1.3 from PwnageTool. I installed this version of blacksn0w off of pushfix's repo and it seemed to work fine. When I rebooted both of them, the signal wouldn't come back. To get it to work again I had to uninstall blacksn0w, reboot, and then reinstall blacksn0w. Simply reinstalling blacksn0w wouldn't work.

Oh, and of course both 3GS's are confirmed old iboot so that's not the issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    This is still VERY buggy. I installed this version of blacksn0w on TWO 3GS's. On both of them they were at 3.1.2. I restored both of them with custom 3.1.3 from PwnageTool. I installed this version of blacksn0w off of pushfix's repo and it seemed to work fine. When I rebooted both of them, the signal wouldn't come back. To get it to work again I had to uninstall blacksn0w, reboot, and then reinstall blacksn0w. Simply reinstalling blacksn0w wouldn't work.

Oh, and of course both 3GS's are confirmed old iboot so that's not the issue.
    Did you use "RC2 Final" that was just released today? Your symptoms sound like some others that I had heard from with the regular "RC2" release. I took those reports and came up with RC2 Final.

It is the most stable of any version of blacksn0w to date. If you aren't on RC2 Final, get it and let me know. For some users who consistently lost WiFi, it is working every time.

This version is probably as good as it's ever going to get.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

ggab (03-27-2010), PhoneLine (03-27-2010), risingkazuya05 (04-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    Did you use "RC2 Final" that was just released today? Your symptoms sound like some others that I had heard from with the regular "RC2" release. I took those reports and came up with RC2 Final.

It is the most stable of any version of blacksn0w to date. If you aren't on RC2 Final, get it and let me know. For some users who consistently lost WiFi, it is working every time.

This version is probably as good as it's ever going to get.
    Yes, I just did it today, a few hours ago. It said "blacksn0w RC2 Final" on your repo. Not sure why a reboot would cause it not to work. The WiFi worked every time though! Just the cell signal wouldn't ever come in after a reboot. I had to uninstall blacksn0w RC2 Final, reboot, then reinstall and it would work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ggab: Please write me on twitter @pushfix , or leave a message on my forum, Pushfix 2.0 • Index page

I can have you run a special version that should tell me what's going on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK already.... My Iphone says 05.12.01. Whats up with that and yes I do have ver 3.1.3

Thanks

You updated to the official 3.1.3 instead of a custom firmware using PwnageTool right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any idea when the unlock for bb 5.12.01 will be released?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got this iPhone replacement When my other one froze and all it was kill the battery. This one came with 3.1.2 but updated when I turned it on to this 3.1.3 05.11.01

Thanks

@hanley...you did the update so you're screwed until a new unlock is released for the 5.12.01 baseband. Never do updates through iTunes!!!