Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w for 3.1.3 3G/3GS with 05.11.07

Everyone just needs to wait a little longer (less than 12 hours). This message that I sent Nick was not intended to be made public until the Cydia package was released. A unified (unofficial) blacksn0w RC2 Cydia package will be out shortly. It checks to make sure you have 05.11.07 baseband and are running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. It will unlock your 3G or 3GS if you meet those conditions and will abort install when it detects it wouldn't be able to unlock. In current testing, it also appears to greatly reduce the chance of your WiFi not working and requiring "reset network settings".

On my 3GS old bootrom under 3.1.2, out of approximately 30 power cycles, only one time resulted in non-working WiFi and it was fixed with a reboot (no reset network settings). Before this patch, my WiFi was dead every other power cycle and required "reset network settings" to fix it. Your experience may vary, but it certainly should not be *worse* than the original RC1 blacksn0w.

My other 3GS with old bootrom running 3.1.3 (05.11.07 of course) has not experienced dead WiFi yet, although I haven't power cycled or rebooted it nearly as much. Yesterday it wasn't even usable as a phone because it is locked to a South American cell provider. Now it is fully usable on T-Mobile.

To summarize, please wait until the official announcement comes on modmyi.com.

ok here's my situation.. i have a 3gs with the new bootrom with 3.1.2, bb 5.07.11. i was wondering if i could update to 3.1.3 without updating the bb. i know you can use sn0wbreeze for this purpose but i was wondering if it works with the 3gs with the new bootrom? im asking since i fiddle with my phone a lot and was hoping to have a safety net so to speak...

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

This is insane!!! Why us everyone asking how to/ is it safe to/ what do I need to do to update to 3.1.3!!!! What benefits are you trying to achieve? PLEASE.... Let me know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

complete waste of time?
    like... all of the 3.1.3 users have 5.12.01 so it wont work..

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

so is this a jailbreak...
    i have baseband 05.12.01...
    im confused
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Thanks

I can confirm that this unlock worked on my iPhone 3G (5.11.07) Firmware 3.1.3

yooo do youtube Vid. that will be great

My iphone 3G is jailbroken at 3.1.3 but the unlock doesn't work. Do I re-jailbreak it with this to get my unlock??

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    My iphone 3G is jailbroken at 3.1.3 but the unlock doesn't work. Do I re-jailbreak it with this to get my unlock??
    This is not a jailbreak, only an unlock. It only unlocks baseband 05.11.07. If you upgraded using official 3.1.3, then your baseband was upgraded and you are out of luck until OS 4.0 probably. No one is going to release an unlock for 05.12.01 until OS 4.0 is out.

If you are running 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 baseband, please wait for the Cydia package and it will be easy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pushfix For This Useful Post:

mavrik101 (03-22-2010), punjabi212 (03-22-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Pushfix View Post
    This is not a jailbreak, only an unlock. It only unlocks baseband 05.11.07. If you upgraded using official 3.1.3, then your baseband was upgraded and you are out of luck until OS 4.0 probably. No one is going to release an unlock for 05.12.01 until OS 4.0 is out.

If you are running 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 baseband, please wait for the Cydia package and it will be easy.
    Yea i'm on 3.1.3 but my baseband is still 5.11.07. So I guess I gotta wait for the cydia package. Thanks for the help!

What the hell, everyone who updated their iphones are on 5.12.1, so there is no use of this one for them. Still waiting for the unlock or jaibreak for 5.12.1 on 3.1.3.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't get the relevance. For anyone that is on 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 you are by default unlocked ad jailbroken b/c you can only achieve this with a custom firmware. How does this find benefit anyone?
    This find helps because the wifi issue is fixed. There are those such as myself that are still having wireless issues and this guy seems to have found a fix for it. Also, this is with blackra1n and not pwnagetool. Some people prefer using blackra1n and not pwnagetool and if you remember blackra1n and blacksn0w do not work on 3.1.3 with 5.11 baseband. Once you've upgraded to 3.1.3 you're done. This find allows you to continue using blackra1n and blacksn0w while using 3.1.3 fw and still on 5.11. For those that upgraded correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by adarsh View Post
    What the hell, everyone who updated their iphones are on 5.12.1, so there is no use of this one for them. Still waiting for the unlock or jaibreak for 5.12.1 on 3.1.3.
    Not everyone who updated are on 5.12. Only fools or the very unlucky ones updated their bb. But this has use and relevance for anyone who is on 3.1.3 and is still on 5.11 because they updated correctly and they will still have use of blacksnow for unlock.
    Last edited by hollow0; 03-22-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll want is to b able to install my apps again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't even jailbreak my new 3GS. Tethered or not, my spring board loves to constantly crash. I wish I didn't have to get a new 3GS; stupid speaker blew up.

If upgrading to 3.1.3 updates baseband to 05.12.01 then therr is a definate way to jb this i would do it but my brain capacity doesnt enable to think in a way that some of these j breakers do ( hope that statement made scense). well we waiting. My jb phone got broken (kids) so i got the new one with 3.1.3 and it done cant do anything. So im inpatiently waiting

thankssssssssssss

Thanks

Wow this headline got me stoked until I read the actual details. Got me excited for whats to come though...
    You don't have to lie to kick it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pushfix,
    Thanks for the work you put in. Some of us do realize what you really did and the benefit.

Nice update...but everyone is stuck on 05.12.01. I don't see why they would even bother with 05.11.07 in the first place.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast