+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blacksn0w for 3.1.3 3G/3GS with 05.11.07

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
munch
    Thanks

munch

Thanks
    This will be good for people who have iphones that hung on a reboot after using blackra1n then had no choice but to put it into dfu or restore mode and upgrade to a custom 3.1.3 firmware to preserve the 5.11.0 baseband and their jailbreak. I have a friend who falls into this category and I'm glad I preserved his baseband instead of just doing a stock apple restore. Hopefully this will encourage geohot to put something together soon for the tethered 3gs' but I'm not holding my breath.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

They have no reason to release till 4.0. With the iPad almost here, and iPhone 4G to follow shortly after, I'm sure the dev's don't wanna show their cards yet. Think about it... Then they'd have to start all over.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

JB Please even if is not unlock for 05.12.01 yet

Thanks

That's why I kept my 04.26.08 BB and I'm on 3.1.2. Stick with what works and use a little patience.
    Apples taste good.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (03-22-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    For a second I thought a jailbreak was here! I want to jailbreak my 3GS, I hate the stock UI
    Why did I upgrade my 3GS!!
    I have 3.1 or 3.0.1 SHSH on file in Cydia, can I downgrade and then rejailbreak? Not bothered about unlock.

I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 and when it just recently crashed, i downgraded back to 3.1.2 again instead of upgrading to 3.1.3. After the restore was complete i just ran blackra1n again and everything was fine... other than i lost all of the data i previously stored on it, as i don't ever use itunes. I had 3.1, 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 SHSH on file in Cydia. I reccon it might be possible to go back, only i'm not too sure if you need to be already jailbroken or not?? I'd say give it a shot though and let me know. First dl a clean copy of 3.1 or 3.0.1 firmware to your pc. You need to edit your host file to connect to Saurik's server instead of Apples, to sign the 3.x.x? firmware you wish to use, when you restore. You can do that by following this guide here...
    iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

Hope this helps :-s

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't get the relevance. For anyone that is on 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 you are by default unlocked ad jailbroken b/c you can only achieve this with a custom firmware. How does this find benefit anyone?
    That's not entirely true. Yes, if you're on 3.1.3 with 5.11.07 you are already jailbroken, but not unlocked. Blacksn0w hasn't worked on 3.1.3 until now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EricJD For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-22-2010)

Thanks

mee too, can't wait

Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    ^to 3.0.1 or 3.1 you should be able to no probs

there is no new exploit it's just a way to get blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 as far as I can tell
    bang on! no new exploit, just an update to blacksn0w essentially that allows it to work with 3.1.3.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

dsg (03-22-2010), Poseidon79 (03-22-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cant wait till 3.1.3 can be unlocked.

Thanks

^ you're gonna have to

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    For a second I thought a jailbreak was here! I want to jailbreak my 3GS, I hate the stock UI
    Why did I upgrade my 3GS!!
    I have 3.1 or 3.0.1 SHSH on file in Cydia, can I downgrade and then rejailbreak? Not bothered about unlock.
    you need to downgrade to 3.1.2 to JB , THE YOU CAN JB 3.1.3 with Pwnage. to exploit the iphone you need to downgrade first. then you can upgrade to custom ipsw. If you have ssh on file through cydia. should be pretty easy. you need to alter you mac or pc s host file first. Its not hard search for one of many tutorials

Thanks
    Thanked 5,973 Times in 1,579 Posts

Good thing I didnt sell my JB iPhone 3g before I buyed a 3gs,it came with 3.1.3 new baseband from the fabric,when I can JB that,I will sell my 3G.

Thanks

This article needs to be more clear for the nubs. Why was this not formatted with the usual 12-bullet list of disclaimers?

Sounds like we had some of these guys upgrading thinking this was a new jailbreak. To clarify:

THIS IS NOT A JAILBREAK FOR 3.1.3!
    This is simply a way to get a CARRIER UNLOCK working on the new 05.11.07 baseband if you are already somehow jailbroken on 3.1.3 with an updated baseband.

This is only for those who were dumb enough to update, and it's still retarded to update at all. There is no benefit.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 03-22-2010 at 01:10 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also had update with baseband 5.12.01, wondering when i can use back my iphone....

Thanks

Not working on my iphone 3g custom 3.1.3 BB 05.07.11. i god endless booting after installing this file =(

Thanks

Quote: reanimationxp

This article needs to be more clear for the nubs. Why was this not formatted with the usual 12-bullet list of disclaimers?

Sounds like we had some of these guys upgrading thinking this was a new jailbreak.

I agree. It's not always an easy thing to convey to another person that after their beloved iphone has been broken free of apples constraints, that not only do you get to enjoy the benefits of all of the modifications, you also need to take heed to apples continuous attempts to control what they consider "theirs".... even though you bought it, which makes it your's and you should be able to do whatever you want with what you have purchased. I have jailbroken multiple iPhones for friends, and i can't help but seem like a broken record every time i do so in saying "NEVER UPDATE", "NEVER UPDATE","NEVER UPDATE", until you have read on Cydia/Saurik's homepage in the section in reference "Upgrading to 3.x.x? Read this" says it's o.k, and how to do so if you wish.

Please people, remember this! What has Apple actually given to us in these updates??? Nothing but attempts to keep us from releasing "OUR" phones to it's true potential. What have they given us since 3.1? Cut copy & paste, Landscape keyboard, MMS, which most of us have had for about a year before this release because of jailbreaking.

NEVER UPDATE, NEVER UPDATE, NEVER UPDATE..........
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

Thanks

nobody needs to jailbreak at 3.1.3 unless you accidently updated. no need.

correction to my terminology: this is an unlock/update. NOT a jailbreak
    Last edited by rhekt; 03-22-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote: rhekt
    nobody needs to jailbreak at 3.1.3 unless you accidently updated. no need.

Agreed! Just because Apple comes up with an update doesn't mean you should automatically update. Especially if you are jailbroken or unlocked. Do the research first.
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I don't get the relevance. For anyone that is on 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 you are by default unlocked ad jailbroken b/c you can only achieve this with a custom firmware. How does this find benefit anyone?
    BlackSn0w does not work with 3.13
    Anyone stupid enough to use Sn0wBreeze while relying on BlackSn0w has not been able to unlock.

The fix does also make it even more likely that 3.13 was only released to stop JB/unlocking - it's a very poor effort by Apple as msftguy says:
    Apple too lazy to break things properly
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.