Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Circuitous : Your New Favorite App Switcher

Best thing about Circuitous is that you can view the dock on your lockscreen and open directly to a running app. like phone favorites....saves a step or two. Very nice!!!

Yikes! Gave it a little over a day of use. This morning I put my iPhone through heavy use (after a full overnight recharge) playing a few games, watching YouTube videos and surfing the mobile web (my normal use). With Circuitous running I used it probably twice to keep a few apps running in the background for no more than about five minutes. The rest of the time my Phone app was running. Depleted my battery life 80% in just under two hours. I normally get at least four hours sometimes five (if I am lucky) with heavy use.

Going to have to remove it. Such a shame.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It was slaying my battery as well. This is a very cool feature and I hated to remove it.

Springboard crashes a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyricky View Post
    Springboard crashes a lot!
    what else is new =/ developers releasing their buggy software without their "beta" disclaimers...

gr damn battery drain. guess i wont bother with it, kirikae still wins then

how do we uninstall this. Its not in springboard.

This was a very cool program to take over from Kirikae, but the battery drainage is just too much.

I'll definitely check out the next upgrade.

I'm not so sure it's Circuitous per se. I think the new update to Activator has something to do with this. I uninstalled the latest Activator and the battery work was fine. Of course, Circuitous would not work with the older Activator. Just sharing info.

hey has this latest update been out for a while? its really ace, favourites works really well... i'm liking it a lot so far!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anybody here having icons in the dock to be off centre with the new update?

With this last update my iphone has been going into springboard safe mode half the time I try to open the dock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nvm my above post, it seems its a problem exclusive to the 'Dulce' theme. The icons glow must have confused the dock's placement of icons

seems i can't free up as much memory as before... does this mean that circuitous is actually consuming about 10mb ram more than it used to?

i could free up around 63mb before this latest update... although i notice the lib update happened simultaneously... but anyway i can only free up around 50mb now

I'm sticking with Kirikae

have to retract my previous 'issue' and put it down to me not understanding what the difference between freeing memory once, twice or thrice actually is.

Does anyone know the difference beyond it being self evident?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam83 View Post
    have to retract my previous 'issue' and put it down to me not understanding what the difference between freeing memory once, twice or thrice actually is.

Does anyone know the difference beyond it being self evident?
    depending on your max RAM and curent free RAM, it is the number of ram freeing 'cycles' done

one ram freeing cycle releases ard 8-15.

i have an ipod touch 3g with max ram of 256. max free ram is ard 180. So if im on 160 free RAM i can do 2 cycles(twice) to free to 180. If i free thrice it would simply respring.

But if im on 140/150, i can confidently free thrice without it respringing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123