+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will The US Congress Criminalize Jailbreaking?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Effenpig! Lol. You can't edit your way out of that one, and where exactly is the quote button on the mobile site? was a legit type dude,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Lol. You can't edit your way out of that one, and where exactly is the quote button on the mobile site?
    was a legit type dude, did you see the quote i was using? either way, in case you didn't see your shoutbox message:

dude you're just about as angry as i am on this site.

we should be best friends dude. no joke

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_don View Post
    Next you'll be telling me Congress is going to make everybody buy health insurance!
    lol

funny but ultimately depressing

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

When they outlaw jailbreakers, only outlaws will have jailbreaks!
    They have been doing this with guns, drugs, music, movies, books, and pictures. What's next ? The thought police ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

The USA is One F****D Up Country with Morons running the circus show!!!

If they ever do it, it's cause they're on the take from all these pletora of companies offering network solutions and all.

And we have the US govt trying to pressue all other countries to clean up but their own backyard is so god damn filthy....Get a grip on your own country before peeking into other people's backyard...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackint0uch View Post
    Can't be too hard, they can program the firmware, they could make it detect if the root system is writeable.
    which we would in turn patch out.. duh.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lmao :d

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i heard big companies throws money at congresses to have their way like deregulating ,supporting , or changing something in the best interest for the companies , can this be the same case?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Amen!

Thanks

the above is BS if it happens then everyone will go to android and hahahahaha apple will die!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nerddownthestreet's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Unconstitutional
    Quote Originally Posted by damod84 View Post
    we bought it we own it, the end
    Whatever happened to not being able to INVADE PRIVATE PROPERTY WITHOUT A SPECIFIC SEARCH WARRENT! It's in the bill or rights.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    if this happens, i'm moving to germany!!!
    I'm taking German...

Quote Originally Posted by hackint0uch View Post
    Can't be too hard, they can program the firmware, they could make it detect if the root system is writeable.
    The root system is writable without jailbreak (iFunBox)

Check out these wallpapers I made for the iPhone. I was bored in class.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will The US Congress Criminalize Jailbreaking?-creed.png   Will The US Congress Criminalize Jailbreaking?-constitutional.jpg  
    Last edited by nerddownthestreet; 03-22-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Bad grammer

What's Jailbreak?
    U hear that...................... Thats me doing your mom
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~pay~back~ View Post
    ok i agree borderline insane! Wtf so what are they gonna do, hunt all of us down and check our iphones/ipods one by one?? First and foremost, i bought it which makes it mine! We could quote the agreement of first apple, then the law, but don't have time for all that.

Second what i do to my personal property is my business, not that of the government! Next they will bann masturbation, calling it a a lude act of gross indecency. And it will be punishable by up to 30 days in prison! Ok, well what does that mean, camera monitoring everywhere including your personal space. That's what it would take! Because how do you monitor it then?

Simple you don't, you can't! It's a violation of my civil rights! I was in the military for many years, and while big brother does watch, they can't watch that closely yet! So a big fuk off goes to the people who write things like this and get my blood boiling! Not that it wasn't meant to inform , don't take me wrong but, if something like that happens.

I'm either moving to canada, or were gonna have another civil war on our hands! And big brother trained me! Bring it on
    amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I can see where apple would want to stop piracy, but why would they shoot themselves in the foot by stopping jailbreakers? Most of their functionality came from us. We are the only option they have to keep up with the open source OS's.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring it on, it wouldnt be the first time i broke the law. i think im going to go break it right now
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Which is why I said that Cydia should ban repos that host stolen applications. That would solve every problem that is associated with jailbreaking, ie stealing/piracy. It's the simplest and most effective solution but it's not done. Why?
    Because you don't need Cydia and repos to install pirated apps. There are 2 other ways (as far as I know) that are just as easy if not easier. You can limit piracy but you can't stop it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha...ha...ha...,It's won't happen, because congress people like JB iPhone also....

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post
    How will they find out if you jailbreak or not? :
    I don't know, but they obviously can since some people who don't use cracked apps, like my friend, also get banned from iTunes "for security reasons"...
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This would make for a good movie... Geohot working in a room surrounded by computer monitors and various gadgets, while a SWAT team busts in behind him and kills his guards, and takes him down.. They sentence him to life in a futuristic prison specially made for jailbreakers.. But he pulls a Prison Break and somehow escapes, spending the rest of his life on the run, hiding in the houses of sympathetic modmyi members, never staying too long, all while jailbreaking the newest firmwares from his laptop...Becoming a hero of the people while remaining the greatest enemy to Apple..

I'm gonna go write the script right now..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
    But he pulls a Prison Break
    Don't you mean "jailbreak?" He's good at that enough already =]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Laughingmy fuking azz off

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost every person responding has missed the point here. Is it already a federal crime to pirate movies, music, etc? You bet. Is the government knocking on everyone's doors to see if you own and pirated media? Of course not. The same would be the case with making jailbreaking illegal. I highly doubt it would happen, but if it did they aren't going to actively keep you, as the individual, from jailbreaking your device. They will go after distributors of the jailbreak, who will then move to countries that still allow it. This has been the trend with pirates for years and it will be a never ending charade.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings