Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will The US Congress Criminalize Jailbreaking?

Pffft, I'd like to see them try and stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by akolemba View Post
    guys ... law.
    yeah no one read that

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    yeah no one read that
    as expected.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @ KartRacer- Cydia can't ban the crack repos. Saurik won't do it. Sure, there's a message about it hosting illegal activities or illegal apps if you add it, but that's the whole point of jailbreaking no? To /break/ out of Apple's cage of "only do this"? Even if Saurik would ban those repos, I'm sure they'd just make new repos, it's really not that hard to do, all you need for a repo is a a website.

this is why i live in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Which is why I said that Cydia should ban repos that host stolen applications. That would solve every problem that is associated with jailbreaking, ie stealing/piracy. It's the simplest and most effective solution but it's not done. Why?
    Because then someone will simply come out with a cracked version of Cydia, and that would make Saurik very unhappy.

Won't happen...

Thanks

"this is why i live in Canada"

you live in Canada because someone wrote a story about the possibility of legislation banning iPhone jailbreaking?

That's retarded!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    "this is why i live in Canada"

you live in Canada because someone wrote a story about the possibility of legislation banning iPhone jailbreaking?

That's retarded!!!
    AN EXAMPLE MUST BE MADE!!... and so the story of canada began...

Thanks

Next you'll be telling me Congress is going to make everybody buy health insurance!
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

Thanks

**** no. This is not China.

Just one more digital crime I'll be guilty of. Meh.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's been many years since America could call itself the land of the free. Making jail breaking illegal is simply another step on that slippery slope and a certainty with the current mindset. The real shame here is the US pushing it's anti-freedom laws on other countries under the pretext of 'free' trade.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtrainer02 View Post
    @ KartRacer- Cydia can't ban the crack repos. Saurik won't do it. Sure, there's a message about it hosting illegal activities or illegal apps if you add it, but that's the whole point of jailbreaking no? To /break/ out of Apple's cage of "only do this"? Even if Saurik would ban those repos, I'm sure they'd just make new repos, it's really not that hard to do, all you need for a repo is a a website.
    bro you can add sources that have cracked cydia apps. like beyouriphone or sinfuliphone.repo. they all are blocked.
    Last edited by lolcats1; 03-21-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    idiot. you can't add sources that have cracked cydia apps. like beyouriphone or sinfuliphone.repo. they all are blocked.

use your brain, fool
    Oh, the irony. I would tell you to prove it so you could go make a fool of yourself when you find out how wrong you are, but we don't discuss that stuff here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

well, that wont change me. pirating movies and songs are illegal, and we still do it and dont get in trouble. how would they catch you anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_don View Post
    Next you'll be telling me Congress is going to make everybody buy health insurance!
    slow down on the politics dude. looking at the average intelligence of the new users here, this could become very nonsensical.

Thanks

"It's been many years since America could call itself the land of the free. Making jail breaking illegal is simply another step on that slippery slope and a certainty with the current mindset. The real shame here is the US pushing it's anti-freedom laws on other countries under the pretext of 'free' trade."

wow. Talk about going off on a tangent. Do you even understand the full issue?

"idiot. you can't add sources that have cracked cydia apps. like beyouriphone or sinfuliphone.repo. they all are blocked. "

you really should be really really sure you are right before you call someone
    an idiot, because when it turns out that YOU are wrong
    YOU look super dumb.
    bro calm down. i made a typo. if you look at the quote i was disproving, it said that you couldn't.

i meant to say you could. calm down homeslice

"It's been many years since America could call itself the land of the free. Making jail breaking illegal is simply another step on that slippery slope and a certainty with the current mindset. The real shame here is the US pushing it's anti-freedom laws on other countries under the pretext of 'free' trade."

wow. Talk about going off on a tangent. Do you even understand the full issue?
    hey dude. there's a such thing as a quote button.
    Last edited by lolcats1; 03-21-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Lol. You can't edit your way out of that one, and where exactly is the quote button on the mobile site?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast