+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 40% of BlackBerry Phones in an Unhappy, iPhone-less Home?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There could very well be a lot of unsatisfied BlackBerry users in our midst. At least, that's the logical inference one could make after reading the latest report from market
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default 40% of BlackBerry Phones in an Unhappy, iPhone-less Home?

There could very well be a lot of unsatisfied BlackBerry users in our midst. At least, that's the logical inference one could make after reading the latest report from market researcher firm Crowd Science. According to the research, large numbers of BlackBerry users may be so displeased with RIM's inability to meet growing consumer demands, that as many as two in five BlackBerry owners are considering a switch to the iPhone.

A 40% conversion of BlackBerry owners to iPhone owners would represent more than just a massive exodus from one platform to the next. It would, in fact, represent an equally massive shift in momentum to a platform that is already leaps and bounds ahead of most competitors in the smartphone industry.

When it comes to product loyalty, BlackBerry owners are showing less and less of it. The Crowd Scientists, in fact, discovered much stronger loyalty among Android users, 90% of whom say the won't switch brands when its time for an upgrade. BlackBerry users, meanwhile, are also starting to show signs of lagging faith in the device as the ultimate business tool. Only 7% of BlackBerry owners exclusively use their device for business purposes.

"These results show that the restlessness of Blackberry users with their current brand hasn't just been driven by the allure of iPhone," said John Martin, CEO of Crowd Science. "Rather, Blackberry as a brand just isn't garnering the loyalty seen with other mobile operating systems."
    The survey consisted of roughly 1,200 respondents wall randomly recruited by the Crowd Science Sample Beta program

Image via Crunchgear

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (03-15-2010), ukoda (03-15-2010)

Thanks

seems like the same old recycled posts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    seems like the same old recycled posts
    it's because nothing new is happening. and how old is that blackberry they have pictured there? the new ones look much nicer, and everyone i know that has one loves it.

more up to date one

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had a Storm and hated it. Couldn't stand the Blackberry services, apps, web, etc.

Never been happier than when I switched to the iPhone other than the f'n battery!

Esp now that our company purchased the Lotus Notes Traveler app allowing direct email/calender/phone book integration with the iPhone.

I've used the Blackberry's other than the Storm and hated them w/a passion.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i left the iphone because of signal issues and dropped calls for a blackberry. but i regret it everyday. RIM is completely falling behind everyone else because of the way they handle data. the fact that they try to compress data so that it doesn't put too much strain on the wireless network is the problem. Anytime you want to do something on the blackberry it takes google maps and the browser minutes before anything loads. with my iphone i had 2mb connection speeds on my 9700 it feels like im on Edge. im dumping this blackberry as soon as at&t gets the HTC Desire.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^Actually the more up to date Blackberry is the Bold 9700. My sister and two of my friends have just bought the Bold 9700.
    The Bold on same Wifi is nowhere as quick as the iPhone, it's slow and loading the BB App Store takes ages!!! The Blackberry is becoming more and more popular with the young generation like us. All of them say the 3GS is crap lol, pick on my iPhone especially when they go on and on how their battery life lasts days and days where mine dies out after a day and a half.
    I thought the iPhone UI was plain and simple but the BB UI is even more crappier!
    If the iPhone had a really good battery, it would kill the BB totally but because the battery is sooo bad on the iPhone, many people won't leave their BB still.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    A 40% conversion of BlackBerry owners to iPhone owners would represent more than just a massive exodus from one platform to the next.
    The Crowd Scientists, in fact, discovered much stronger loyalty among Android users, 90% of whom say the won't switch brands when its time for an upgrade.
    I wonder what the product loyalty rate is for iPhone owners? As they get closer to market saturation the rate must drop of. I'm guessing the 90% for Android users reflects most of them actively seek the platform and that rate will drop too as it becomes more mainstream.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    ^Actually the more up to date Blackberry is the Bold 9700. My sister and two of my friends have just bought the Bold 9700.
    The Bold on same Wifi is nowhere as quick as the iPhone, it's slow and loading the BB App Store takes ages!!! The Blackberry is becoming more and more popular with the young generation like us. All of them say the 3GS is crap lol, pick on my iPhone especially when they go on and on how their battery life lasts days and days where mine dies out after a day and a half.
    I thought the iPhone UI was plain and simple but the BB UI is even more crappier!
    If the iPhone had a really good battery, it would kill the BB totally but because the battery is sooo bad on the iPhone, many people won't leave their BB still.
    Notice how the only thing your blueberry friends had to say was that the battery is crap. When in reality the iPhone battery isn't crap. It's the use of it that kills it. Their battery lasts for days but what exactly can you do on a bb? Email, text,...more email? Other smartphone UIs like Android, iPhone OS, and windows mobile do soo much more than BBs. So for them to even compare batter life is dumb. BBs are nothing but glorified email carriers. Remember this..haters are confused admirers.
    Last edited by hollow0; 03-15-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks

well each to their own. i love the iphone UI, but my dad, a 52 year old lead design, pretty much hates the iphone.

he complains about the UI and software like crazy. of course, he's probably looking at it like "if that were my team that designed that"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i hate blackberry they should do something innovative

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

blackberry was made for business ppl who need to check the internet every now and then, why did they create a phone with a massive keyboards?
    ppl get it just to text? only useless.
    and plus u can't do much fun stuff, again it was meant for class-working ppl.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant stand blackberries, they are so annoying to use and there are no good games or anything for them...

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    it's because nothing new is happening. and how old is that blackberry they have pictured there? the new ones look much nicer, and everyone i know that has one loves it.

more up to date one
    its just to make the blackberry seem a little worse
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Not surprised, I know at least 4-5 different people that have a BB and hate it. They really are just for business people who check/write e-mail 24/7. There's nothing real special about them.

Thanks

Just count how many iPhone users complain in this forum about the iPhone.

No Tethering? Battery sux? <--yes it does and I hate it when I get a call and the freaken iPhone turns off.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Ha...ha...ha...ha....

Thanks

as long as RIm holds contracts with every major law enforcemnet agency in the US (fbi, nsa, dea, hls, dod etc) theres not much reason for them to change much...they could live quite comfortably just off of those contracts alone.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

I've had iPhones, the games are cool and I like the look, but I would rather have my iPod touch. If iPhone came out with a MSN client as good as the one on my blackberry, I would go back and activate service today. I really love my blackberry, and I don't hate iPhones, just alot of the time, I don't have a charger around, and it's easy for me to use a mini USB one that I can find or get for very cheap. I also like that they have a very good backlight sensor, so If i walk in the hallways at school, and it goes from dark to bright, it switches much faster than my iPhone/iPod touch does. Either way, I think there both good phones except for the pearl which just sucks.

Thanks

its true!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teoyaomqui View Post
    Just count how many iPhone users complain in this forum about the iPhone.

No Tethering? Battery sux? <--yes it does and I hate it when I get a call and the freaken iPhone turns off.
    Well tethering isn't an iPhone issue, blame your carrier. Have tethering here, and it's free on a standard plan. As for the battery, I never used my Palm Treo to the extent I use the iPhone and my last Treo was garbage and wouldn't see out the day, so if you don't expect it drop after using it all day, then get something else. And the hate apple users who pop their heads up on a regular basis here, strangely use PC's and love taking the baseball bat out for any reason. So once you can drop the bias, and get to the nuts and bolts and compare apples to apples (so to speak) then a fair comparison can be found. I'm expecting most of the Apple hateboys here to take the baseball bat out on this post too.

Quote Originally Posted by willie498 View Post
    If iPhone came out with a MSN client as good as the one on my blackberry, I would go back and activate service today.
    eBuddy works great as a MSN Yahoo AIM messenger client on the iPhone and its free. Paralingo is good, but it costs. Hey, what's a couple of bucks if you really want messenger.
    Last edited by Kroo; 03-16-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost