Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Novell Bringing Xbox 360 Games To The iPhone

If so, I hope they implement a bluetooth game controller that we can use, kind of like how you can use a Wii controller to play NES / N64 games nowadays.

Also, if they can port ZOMBIES to the iPod Touch, what makes you think they couldn't do a entire version of WaW? It would be a gigantic amount of GB to fill your ipod, but I see it as possible. And lets not forget by the time this gets out the 4G and all new suped up hardware will be out that will better handle it.

I think it will be a streaming service because there is no way that an iphone can handle 360 games.

Twitter: @tshoults

Wow, this could turn out pretty cool...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

On my 2g things already ran slow. The 3g was a lot better but still some regular news apps ran slow. Now with my 3Gs things are running pretty good. So, with CPU & Graphic power games you would atleast need a 3Gs. I bet they scale them down a tad. But then, we will have to see how fast the 4g is?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMOSlabs For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (03-14-2010)

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

WOOO , Modern Warfare 2 on my iPhone (I WISH)

Hmm from WordPerfect Office back in '94 to this. Novell is all over the place.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (03-15-2010)

It will probably be xbox live arcade games similar to the new windows 7 phone. Achievements on the go for the iPhone.

Another Messany fail.

Microsoft dropped the ball? They don't make the games for XBOX smart guy. If the game manufacturers that make XBOX games wanted the games on the iPhone they would have ported them themselves...

They do make Silverlight tho. Good thing you got that one right...

perma-banned for life
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,590 Posts

Apple + Microsoft = <3

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i love how no one has mentioned the fact that the amount of ram/processing power in a 360 is like 5000 X that of what is in a ipod/iphone.

anyway you cut it, a phone will never catch up to a console. just look at desktops and laptops
    Who said anything about catching up to a console? It's not meant to be better or even match what the console can do, they just want ppl to be able to play xbox games on the iPhone.

Sounds like it'll be pretty sweet. I'm not much of a gamer when it comes to my phone but I wouldn't mind playing Halo to pass up some time I think it would be even better on an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Another Messany fail.

Microsoft dropped the ball? They don't make the games for XBOX smart guy. If the game manufacturers that make XBOX games wanted the games on the iPhone they would have ported them themselves...

They do make Silverlight tho. Good thing you got that one right... :
    Wow...someone's getting a little defensive over nothing, it's an article! What's the point of telling someone they've failed and acting like a jerk? Did it get you anywhere? Or were you just trying to get some bashing in?
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-15-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

People are assuming they said xbox 360 games are gonna run on the iPhone. OF COURSE NOT. Any idiot would know that. Maybe what they are talking about is an easy way to make dumb down versions of 360 games, meaning easier coding to make the graphics ****** enough to run on the iPhone. Nothing spectacular here.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote from bengo
    Another Messany fail.

Man you have some serious issues there! What's with people attacking Messany all the time? I happen to appreciate his informative writing style and choice if topic.

Spot on Messany! Keep up the good work and thank you for your dedication to this forum...there are many more here who appreciate it. It just seems the less disciplined ones can't keep their non-contibutory opinions to themselves....oh sorry, he did contribute a little didn't he. Thanks for that then

Anyway, this article is very interesting and sparks the imagination as nonevof truly know what our devices can do yet.

I'll reserve judgement for when we receive more information about what exactly this company proposes to do.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iMack007 For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (03-15-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

That would be awesome! Imagine modern warfare 2 on iPhone!

I'm curious as to how exactly this is going to work, but I am a PS3 guy who would love the opportunity to play the Fable games without having to boot up my Xbox 360 (closet collecting dust) just for one game.

Banned
    Thanks

I think its like "Look I have windows xp on my iphone" when its just a VNC of it.

So, Novell have found a way to view the 360 via VNC. yea...

I highly doubt it will let you play 360 games. If it does then does that mean the 360 is as powerful as an iphone meaning the 360 is a piece of crap?

this won't happen. not in the way everyone is thinking. The iPhone isn't powerful enough. Best we can see is weak ports, similar to a PSP game or Xbox arcade games. Don't count on online play either, that's governed by MS, nobody else.
    Really?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    this won't happen. not in the way everyone is thinking. The iPhone isn't powerful enough. Best we can see is weak ports, similar to a PSP game or Xbox arcade games. Don't count on online play either, that's governed by MS, nobody else.
    Something is better than nothing

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Another Messany fail.

What as ***-hat type comment

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    How is this even possible??????? Will be a stripped downed version.
    It's like saying, PS3 exclusive games will play on 360 when they clearly won't whereas vice versa is possible.
    iPhone devs should make iPhone games into PS minis, would go good with the sixaxis controller.
    Yeah thats a fair comparison fanboi

I think i'm the only guy that doesn't like complicated games on the iphone. Sheez, I can stand playing ZOMBIES on it with that on screen touch pad. I think they need to setup a clip-on joystick before they make the games more complex. Also, if its streaming service then I see alot of laggin players on MW:2. Just love to shoot those little bastards doing 360's into nothing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast