Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google "Violated Alliance" with Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Google "Violated Alliance" with Apple

Its a day of high drama for Apple and its competitors. First the Wall Street Journal reported that a sizable chunk of all Microsoft employees may be iPhone owners. Then The New York Times delves into the personal betrayal Steve Jobs feels from the folks at Google - individuals who apparently ruffled more feathers in Cupertino than we realize when they started modeling smartphones off of the iPhone.

According to The New Times, Steve Jobs said:

We did not enter the search business. They entered the phone business. Make no mistake; Google wants to kill the iPhone. We won't let them.
    In a comprehensive profile of the bad blood between Google and Apple, the scenario is presented that Steve Jobs remains deeply "emotional" about the dissolution of close ties between the two companies. The piece details why the bond has since deteriorated into "World War III" with Jobs overtly accusing Google of "stealing" some of the iPhone's key features.

While, to the outside world, any competition between Apple and Google could merely suggest "business as usual," if the facts presented by the New York Times are legitimate, the truth of matter is that the rivalry is bitterly personal with aspects of deceit and betrayal worthy of a daytime soap opera.

Apparently, the situation has gotten so bad that Apple may now be considering a partnership with Microsoft to make Bing the iPhone's default search engine. Given how many people at Microsoft (at least 10% of the global workforce) like - and own - the iPhone, perhaps such a partnership would be a welcome experience and, ultimately, a win-win for both powerful companies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

iMack007 (03-15-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Oh dang cat fight

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Google just paid Apple Millions of dollars to keep The Google search bar as the search engine on all iPhones. This soap opera has just begun. So let the drama unravel 

a partnership with ms will confuse the heck out of the aderage consumer but it would fun to watch, bing is still somewhat "clunky"...

^^ aderage, iPhone autocorrection at it's best... lol
    Last edited by phubar; 03-13-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i love the slide in with the previous article about microsoft employees and now this one. slowly caress us....yes it feels good.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Messany View Post
    the scenario is presented that Steve Jobs remains deeply "emotional" about the dissolution of close ties between the two companies.
    My ***. Apple killed any ties between them, not Google. Google put off incorporating touch technology into their devices out of respect for Apple, but Apple rejected Google Voice. Saying that Steve Jobs is upset over this is ridiculous.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SquareWheel For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (03-14-2010), reanimationxp (03-15-2010), spazturtle (03-14-2010)

Please, for the love of god, DO NOT put Bing on my damn iPhone. Nor do I want their **** maps.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corkey20000 For This Useful Post:

iphoneguy. (03-14-2010), reanimationxp (03-15-2010), spazturtle (03-14-2010)

Thanks

That's so freakin' insane! Partner up with Microsoft just to get back at Google?! Crazy *** ****. I could never imagine anything happening like that, but if the bad blood really is that bad, then I suppose anything is possible. I could only imagine of what a partnership with Microsoft could lead to. I guess we can only wait and see how this will all play out.

Grow up.. Thats all I can say. Apple has really started to piss me off with all this crap. Can't take a little competition so they sue HTC. Now they are mad at google? Guess we are gonna have Bing as the default search engine on our macs now huh?

Quote Originally Posted by phubar View Post
    a partnership with ms will confuse the heck out of the aderage consumer but it would fun to watch, bing is still somewhat "clunky"...

^^ aderage, iPhone autocorrection at it's best... lol
    You do realize that microsoft and apple are buddies right?

safari and itunes on windows...

office and mac messenger on mac...

You would have to be really dumb to think Bing was made by apple, that would be like thinking apple made google.

iPhone? More like MyPhone waroftyr's Avatar
    Thanks

this whole crap about google wants to kill the iphone but we wont let them is just crap, the only thing they have been doing as of late has been pushing people farther away with the more restrictions and pulling of apps they have done. honestly i have owned iphones for the past three years and am starting to get really bored with ui, and then i look at my roomates nexus 1 and see something fresh to me. ya the jailbreak community is really growing off of apples pulls but where does that leave the future for the out of the box device. if the otb device is too far crap personally id rather go with some mobile device that offers me more and looks to have a future. seems like apple has been going backwards as of late instead of forward. lets hope once again that apple pulls something together cause this is getting really old
    If i said something you like or helped you out, don't be shy hit that thanks button

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waroftyr For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (03-14-2010), reanimationxp (03-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Please, for the love of god, DO NOT put Bing on my damn iPhone. Nor do I want their **** maps.
    you clearly have yet to use http://www.bing.com/maps/

clearly technologically superior to google maps. we'd be lucky to have it. if MS provided a Silverlight plug-in for the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Grow up.. Thats all I can say. Apple has really started to piss me off with all this crap. Can't take a little competition so they sue HTC. Now they are mad at google? Guess we are gonna have Bing as the default search engine on our macs now huh?
    ...and no Flash. because they can't get over their issues with Adobe.

c'mon, Apple.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 03-14-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't care if they make it the default search engine. Just give me the option to switch back to Google search. Bing blows

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

lol all you people need to stop b1tching about all this, if you don't want bing, then don't upgrade u dorks. It's that easy, problem solved now shut up sheesh...
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

They mean default search engine as far as the little search box on the top right hand corner of Safari correct? Who cares! Cant you just go to your search engine of choice websites and go from there? Whats the big deal?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    ...and no Flash. because they can't get over their issues with Adobe.

c'mon, Apple.
    Seriously? This post has nothing to do with flash whatsoever! No one likes to hear it over and over again, if you want flash then go get another phone that has it cause it's not happening with Apple.

Bing isn't that bad, but I would definitely rather have Google if I had a choice!

Thanks

What source says apple will partner with MS to add bing as default search???
    That's totally B-S!
    Bing sucks and apple knows it.
    adding Bing to iPhone would be the equivalent to Owning a Ferrari and tossing in a ford pinto transmission.

Lets all think. Any app that relies on the safari web browser defaults (I believe) to the native search engine. What search engine would you want? Also if this all goes down with the next gen of iphones "not updating" may not be an option since It would have always been the default search engine. So the only way to keep it(google) then is to use your current iphone forever.Smart comment. Some may want to think things through before belittling others. JUST PLAIN IGNINT. Unless these problems are also "easily solved".
    Last edited by Oddphone; 03-14-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Thanks

There are a lot of fools on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
    My ***. Apple killed any ties between them, not Google. Google put off incorporating touch technology into their devices out of respect for Apple, but Apple rejected Google Voice. Saying that Steve Jobs is upset over this is ridiculous.
    actually no....when the first android powered phone came out (G1) it had touch screen gestures...fact it had all the qualities the iPhone had (appstore/market place for an example)

its like if i was ur friend and i saw u build fart app, then i go and make iflatulence....same idea , different names...
    no if u wasnt ur friend and we didnt kno each other and we make the same app, thats alittle different as we could have came out with the same idea
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast