Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google "Violated Alliance" with Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My mistake, I meant multi-touch. But Apple was the one to sever any ties the companies had.

Thanks

To all those whining about Bing as a default search engine: You see that little word "default"? It means that it will show up by default, you can always change it in settings. Google may be default now, but you always have been able to change it to Yahoo if you wanted.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Can we order a gender test on Steve Jobs? His whining has hit record levels recently.

quit b*tching everyone! you know what i see coming out of this? 10 years down the road?

apples and PC's combo-ed up. the OS and the smooth hardware of apple with the power and functionality of PC's.

Google would have no chance if these two companies started collaborating on a "super personal computer"

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally love apple and all the stuff they're doing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hd2

edit: I have no idea how I posted this here. Total nonsense, sorry.
    Last edited by veebles; 03-15-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Steve, if you don't want iPhone death by google, officially unlock & jailbreak all the iPhone......

Thanks

What did you expect? It is inevitable that things will turn out to be worse.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    They mean default search engine as far as the little search box on the top right hand corner of Safari correct? Who cares! Cant you just go to your search engine of choice websites and go from there? Whats the big deal?
    It's a convenience thing. PLENTY of people just use what is there when opening the package because they don't know better.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh come on apple! U know u can't loose google, becoZ if u did ur gonna loose costumers!

apples and PC's combo-ed up. the OS and the smooth hardware of apple with the power and functionality of PC's.
    hell no, leave pcs alone we don't need to be hardware lockedin with steves crazy *** definition of a "fast" computer...
    Last edited by phubar; 03-14-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks

Messany, i haven't got a link at hand regards this new york times article but i read it what feels like a week or 2 back now. So to start this article is late.

Secondly, the title has got "Violated Alliance" - in speech marks, normally referring to some sort of quote. I don't remember in the original article reading anything that suggested they had an "Alliance" that could be "Violated" in the first place, and you provide no link to support your quoted evidence.

I am not a journalist or a writer, just a long time user. I've got used to the fact that good articles are few and far between here as i follow a few other apple sites that get scoops sometimes a week or 2 before you guys catch on. That's cool.

If Steve has actually mentioned "Violated Alliance" with regards to Google could you please supply evidence and accept my apology. if not please don't write with "QUOTES" without providing evidence of your quote, even if it's evidence from a rumour site!

This is how this article should have been:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/14/...gets-personal/
    Last edited by reeko; 03-14-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

13. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (03-14-2010)

So basically, Google was all "uh uh"... then Apple said "wa wa"... and Google was all "idk"... the M$ said "lOlz".... what a soap opera!

Why doesn't Apple just say F Google & F Microsoft in 1 announcement and announce the ALLOWANCE of Jailbreaking iPhones THROUGH iTunes w/o warranty voiding and welcome all Jailbreak apps to the Apps store.

Apple would pwn the phone industry if they did this. There's alot of nice phones out there... but I've been blown away since I Jailbroke by the coolness and awesomeness of themes, games, tools, ringtones and just can't understand why Apple wants to keep their great phone locked down so friggen much!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vegasj For This Useful Post:

Forever Young (03-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vegasj View Post
    So basically, Google was all "uh uh"... then Apple said "wa wa"... and Google was all "idk"... the M$ said "lOlz".... what a soap opera!

Why doesn't Apple just say F Google & F Microsoft in 1 announcement and announce the ALLOWANCE of Jailbreaking iPhones THROUGH iTunes w/o warranty voiding and welcome all Jailbreak apps to the Apps store.

Apple would pwn the phone industry if they did this. There's alot of nice phones out there... but I've been blown away since I Jailbroke by the coolness and awesomeness of themes, games, tools, ringtones and just can't understand why Apple wants to keep their great phone locked down so friggen much!!
    And make their own search engine

Quote Originally Posted by phubar View Post
    hell no, leave pcs alone we don't need to be hardware lockedin with steves crazy *** definition of a "fast" computer...
    i've used both a mabook and PC exstensively.

i was forced to switch over from my PC because of holes in the operating system. macbook may be slow as balls on the internet, but i can download all the **** that i want, and nothing will ever go wrong.

Jobs is a brilliant business man, but I don't think he's very good at politics. He's just coming off as a whiny little girl. Granted, I don't know the whole back story, but since Jobs isn't cluing us in on why he's attacking everyone, I have no reason not to see this as a despicable attempt to throw mud in Google's eyes. It's just a low blow to take the fight to the media instead of handling it quietly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope that apple figures out soon it is better to be friends with one of the largest and most powerful companies in the world than enemies of them. but here is a really funny picture...

Thanks

steve really needs to chill out. i mean, hey i'm an apple fanboy, but i think that google can do what they want, and so can apple. if google wants in on the phone business, let them do it. "google wants to kill the iphone". that's just crazy (no offense to steve jobs).

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i've used both a mabook and PC exstensively.

i was forced to switch over from my PC because of holes in the operating system. macbook may be slow as balls on the internet, but i can download all the **** that i want, and nothing will ever go wrong.
    Not only on the Internet my friend, but everywhere else as well. Also I would be a bit more careful if I were you as that statement is no longer true, ie: Infosecurity (USA) - Security and malware threats to Mac and Apple products are on the rise

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Place Your Bets Here: I accept Paypal, cash, and money order...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast