Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Comcast DVR Control Comes to the iPhone

  1. #1
    Default Comcast DVR Control Comes to the iPhone


    Until recently, Comcast users were unable to do much with the Comcast app available for the iPod and iPhone. Being taunted by DirectTV's App which I'm sure we've all seen commercials for. With a recent update to their app, customers can now remotely control their DVR box directly from the Comcast app. myDVR Manager appears almost as though your seeing the comcast menu you see on most cable boxes. Various content can arranged by category or channel. Users can then modify existing schedules, add new items, or cancel previously scheduled recordings.

    Unfortunately the comcast app will only "available in select markets". Not only does the update bring DVR control, there are also several enhancements to the inbox, enabling users to upload attachments, access POP and IMAP folders, or even mark e-mails as spam. Push notification are also now available for new e-mail or voicemail messages, along with TV show reminders. Pretty cool, if your a comcast user.

    myDVR Manager(**AVAILABLE ONLY IN SELECT MARKETS**)
    Schedule programs to record on your DVR from your iPhone and iPod touch and view your upcoming recordings so you never miss a show again. This feature is enabled in the Guide module. Check for the myDVR Manager icon at the bottom of the Guide screen. If you see this icon then your DVR is ready for remote scheduling. If you don’t see the icon, it just means your DVR is not yet ready for remote scheduling. Once this feature is rolled out on to your DVR at home, you will see a notification pop up the next time you log into the app. You will also receive an email notification to your comcast.net email address when it's available in your area.**myDVR Manager is expected to be available to most markets by summer 2010**
    Rumor has it, if you have version 1.0, you must actually remove the app first, and then reinstall it. Not quite sure why that is, but the DVR controls wont work if you don't do this apparently.

    If you're a Comcast user, head over to the App Store and start using your DVR from your iPhone.

    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 03-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

    iphoneguy. (03-12-2010)

  3. #2
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Very cool but Directv has had this forever.

  4. #3
    iPhoneaholic Rescuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 67 Times in 48 Posts

    you're, not your


  5. #4
    Directv Rules...... Too late Comcast!!!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy34 View Post
    Directv Rules...... Too late Comcast!!!
    Haha, I totally agree. But it's good news for any Comcast users who were feeling jealous of DVR control from their iPhone

  7. #6
    jeez, who can ever remember their Comcast user name and password?... grrrr

  8. #7
    The people that pay their bill online, . Or you can forget it also if you use checkfree.


    Like the Avatar Jahooba.

  9. #8
    How does this work though, do you have to be within the same room/house as your DVR to use it? or can you control and schedule recordings from anywhere (as long as you have internet)?

    if youve got to be within the DVR it really makes no sense to use it, as you could just use a remote

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    How does this work though, do you have to be within the same room/house as your DVR to use it? or can you control and schedule recordings from anywhere (as long as you have internet)?

    if youve got to be within the DVR it really makes no sense to use it, as you could just use a remote
    hahaha no you dont need to be in the same room or even the same state for that matter. Also this app was released with DVR functionality a month ago. I personally love it! The app does a lot more than DVR control. I can forward my comcast home phone to my iphone. Download my home phone voicemails to my iphone. Check missed calls. And sync my home phone contacts with my iphone contacts. Great app in my opinion. I almost forgot about the on demand feature. If we are at blockbuster about to rent a movie I can look and see if its ondemand at home (so I wont have to return it) and even watch a trailer of every new movie from the on demand menu. Like I said I love it.
    Last edited by harrison0550; 03-09-2010 at 01:19 AM.

  11. #10
    Last edited by zeusbaggz; 03-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.

  12. #11
    Yes, the app exists but it's useless in my area. My friends and I cannot log in (it won't accept our comcast.net info) and MyDVR isn't available in our area.

    Fail.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Yes, the app exists but it's useless in my area. My friends and I cannot log in (it won't accept our comcast.net info) and MyDVR isn't available in our area.

    Fail.
    WOW give it time all systems will have MyDVR functionality by the end of summer.

  14. #13
    Hopefully COX will make an app!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison0550 View Post
    WOW give it time all systems will have MyDVR functionality by the end of summer.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

    ...and that does nothing for the log in issues that many users are having. Typical Comcast.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.

    ...and that does nothing for the log in issues that many users are having. Typical Comcast.
    Well like I said it works fine for me and everybody I know in my city and we love it. Dont know how you can judge something you dont even have yet but hey some people just like to have something to gripe about I guess. If you dont like your comcast then cancel it. Its that simple you dont have a contract so get direct tv and get their app. Coming from somebody that does have it and uses it. I think it works perfect! Just typical Comcast in my area

  17. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison0550 View Post
    Well like I said it works fine for me and everybody I know in my city and we love it. Dont know how you can judge something you dont even have yet but hey some people just like to have something to gripe about I guess. If you dont like your comcast then cancel it. Its that simple you dont have a contract so get direct tv and get their app. Coming from somebody that does have it and uses it. I think it works perfect! Just typical Comcast in my area
    Have you even looked at the reviews? Many users are experiencing the log in issues. Even if I wanted to use it w/o the MyDVR features, I can't. Nor can many others. The only option I have is to do the "Comcast TV Subscriber" feature and all that does is show me what's on TV. I don't have access to any of my account information or personal features at all.
    Last edited by billchase2; 03-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  18. #17
    Just out of curiosity do you subscribe to anything other than cable tv service? E.g. internet or home phone? I dont see what this app could possibly do for you if you dont have anything other than TV when your located in a market that has not launched MyDVR access yet. I do know you need high speed internet at home to be able to log into the app to begin with and to communicate with your DVR. Seems there are prerequisites that have to be met first for both the direct TV app and Comcast app. All I can say is good luck with it. Direct tv's # is DIRECTV SATELLITE TELEVISION Order Now 1-888-777-2454 I have all 3 services through Comcast and it integrates all 3 flawlessly into one app for me. Good luck with it.

  19. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison0550 View Post
    hahaha no you dont need to be in the same room or even the same state for that matter. Also this app was released with DVR functionality a month ago. I personally love it! The app does a lot more than DVR control. I can forward my comcast home phone to my iphone. Download my home phone voicemails to my iphone. Check missed calls. And sync my home phone contacts with my iphone contacts. Great app in my opinion. I almost forgot about the on demand feature. If we are at blockbuster about to rent a movie I can look and see if its ondemand at home (so I wont have to return it) and even watch a trailer of every new movie from the on demand menu. Like I said I love it.
    Can you tell me how I can check if my DVR functions with it? I dont understand the OP thread/info within the app

    Not sure where to look or what to do, I did enter my comcast.net username and am within the "guide" but dont see where I could push record

  20. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    knowing how bad comcast it, it will probably crash as soon as it is opened...

  21. #20
    Look and see if you can get MyDVR control over the internet first with your pc. MyDVR Activation If it lets you activate your MyDVR feature then it will work on the app. Sadly if it does not let you then you are probably in a system that has not launched remote DVR access yet. If it does let you activate your myDVR manager then you should be able to reload the app. Some users have had problems with upgrading the app so if you have the original comcast app delete it and download the newest version 2.0.1. Now just log in and go to your guide if all is well and you could activate your MyDVR from the link you should get a screen similar to this. Click on schedule a recording and off you go.

    EDIT: also wanted to add that when you go into your setting in the bottom right hand corner and enter your zip code you will more than likely have more than one channel lineup to choose from as your native tv guide. Make sure you always pick the one that says DIGITAL the other is a analog lineup and will automatically disable the MyDVR feature. After all you cant get DVR on analog service anyway. Good luck




    One last thing, the first time you add your tv guide I would suggest being on wifi as it downloads the entire channel lineup. After setting everything up for the first time it runs surprisingly smooth on edge.
    Last edited by harrison0550; 03-09-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •