+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O2 Hints at iPhone 4G Video Calls and Then "Corrects" Itself

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
No mention of flash support?
    Thanks

No mention of flash support?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is parf of a whole tariff overhaul...

O2 has to advetise all prices outside of the normal tariffs, this includes video calling, this has also been added to all other tariffs.

although roumer is strong about video calling, i see no fault from O2 in this case. and nothing on their website actually says you can video call on any (present or future) iphone.

also for the record, there isn't even strong information O2 will recieve the next iphone, due to the fact all main mobile networks are now selling the apple products O2 could be on the way out as a distributer.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why are people hating on video calling? If you don't want it just don't buy the next gen iPhone. I for one want a front facing cam, not just for video calling but video chat. Not everyone has a phone capable of video calling so let's say you wanna show something to someone who is on their computer while you are outside etc... So many possibilities with apps too. I know there are apps like ustream and qik but it's not as convenient.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why so you need a front facing camera to show someone what you're seeing? You can already do that with apps like the ones you metioned. Unless you want to show someone inside what your reaction is in real-time

"OH MAN I CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM SEEING LOOK AT MY SHOCKED FACE IF ONLY YOU WERE HERE"

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

whats the bigdeal with video calls unless your in a meeting with a coworker? It's enough we all run into things when we're walking because we're too busy texting.

Gone are the days when you would look at the guy in the corner talking to himself to soon find out he has a bluetooth. Now we're going to see people talking to their phones, imagine an argument with the girlfriend in the middle of the foodcourt? I don't support that feature on the phone at all...it will be the fall of MAN, and one usefull tool for the WOMAN. =oX

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Absolutely, video calling is a nice idea but when talking to someone that way you can’t be on the move or else you’ll fall or bump into something and look like stupid (and possibly break you iPhone and be a very stupid). Just leave the calling to voices alone. Love the conspiracy theories though; bring on a release date for iPhone 4G because this is what’s stopping me from getting a 3GS now.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12