+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: InfiniBoard - Vertical Scrolling Comes To Your SpringBoard

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DanTheManMS Heyo chpwn, already mentioned this on Twitter but wanted to expand on it here. I purchased Infiniboard and it's a cool concept, however I'm having issues
    Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Heyo chpwn, already mentioned this on Twitter but wanted to expand on it here. I purchased Infiniboard and it's a cool concept, however I'm having issues with CategoriesSB now. Specifically, I can no longer scroll either vertically or horizontally in any folder, obviously only evident in folders with more than one page's worth of icons in them. Disabling Infiniboard in settings does not fix this. Only disabling with SBSettings or ininstalling allows my categories to funtion properly again.

And again, this is for the CategoriesSB addon for Categories that integrates the categories closer with Springboard. I have not tried using just plain old Categories, but I suspect that it would work fine if I tried that.

Hate to have to disable Infinidock for now, but if it's a choice between that and CategoriesSB, I'm sticking with CategoriesSB. Any ideas as to what might be causing this conflict or if it's within your power to fix it?
    Yeah, and I'm going to need ashikase's help in fixing it, so it might take a bit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Understandable. Glad to hear that you're looking into it at least.

Thanks for your work so far.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Understandable. Glad to hear that you're looking into it at least.

Thanks for your work so far.
    According to ashikase, this will be reasonably easy with the next Categories SB update, but he's in the middle of a large bit of work on it, so I'm not sure when that'll come :/.

In the meantime, you can always use a vertical springboard page for your categories .

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Shame that it's out of your control, but I suspected that might be the case.

Unfortunately, I have a *lot* of apps, sorted into 8 folders + 2 pages of unsorted icons for the most often used stuff. Using the vertical pages for each category would end up making things more inefficient overall. If I didn't have quite so many apps (or such granular categorization) it would probably work, yeah.

I'll just be patient and wait for an update for CategoriesSB. Absolute worst case, I'll be out two dollars. Big deal.

Thanks

really intuitive app and i like the concept. but ive realized [now that its installed] that there is no way ill ever fully utilize this function. i would literally need hundreds of apps on my iphone. ive also realized i like to see all my apps as i scroll to the next page [with this app, most become hidden, until i scroll down/up] not a deal breaker. but sometimes you dont know if something will work into your style until you try it. *shrUg*
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey chpwn is there a way that you could have a setting to toggel infiniboard so it doesn't interfer with the dock icons when the dock is see through? Thanks I'm lovin the app so far though!

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mckaytayl0r View Post
    Hey chpwn is there a way that you could have a setting to toggel infiniboard so it doesn't interfer with the dock icons when the dock is see through? Thanks I'm lovin the app so far though!
    Extending the icons onto the dock will be a setting in the next version.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just bought it and I allready see a Huge problem.
    It doesn't work with CategoriesSB.
    When I enter the folder, it doesn't scroll horizontally, but I see the top part of the icons bellow, and when I try to scrool vertically , it just doesn't work.
    Last edited by zeoos; 03-07-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Developer
    Thanks

I'm working on a fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, waiting for an update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It desn't work with iconclasm apparently the 5x7 icon layout applied there isn't allowing me to move icons onto page below...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Regarding the CategoriesSB problem, I saw in the settings "Horizontal scrooling" - enable or disable.
    So you could talk to the developer so he would introduce "Vertical scrooling".

Thanks
    LuHash Posts: 1
    It desn't work with iconclasm apparently the 5x7 icon layout applied there isn't allowing me to move icons onto page below...

^
    i have this same problem

Thanks

just downloaded it, and it works great. wonder what themes will come about now? am very excited.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is it out

Thanks

^ yes. Cydia 1.99

Thanks

very nice great job

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    So what do you prefer? Vertical or Horizontal? Both?
    I haven't looked at the videos or read much yet, but I'd want "page-free" vertical scrolling with paged horizontal scrolling. I'd want it to show the dots switching as you scroll down uninterrupted and then jump when you page left and right, even if that means momentarily showing duplicate icons as it transitions.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    I haven't looked at the videos or read much yet, but I'd want "page-free" vertical scrolling with paged horizontal scrolling. I'd want it to show the dots switching as you scroll down uninterrupted and then jump when you page left and right, even if that means momentarily showing duplicate icons as it transitions.
    Right now, Infiniboard scrolls vertically on each page, and you can still swipe side-to-side for other pages. The vertical scrolling is free-scrolled.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how about the battery life?!... dosen't kill u'r battery when you use infiniboard?!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast