Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Gets an Essential Update - Speed Increases and Error Handling

Soooooooooo now theres more errors than ever before? Just downloaded and rebooted and now I get error this and error that. And takes twice as long to load. What gives???

Didn't see any speed increases. Rock is up to 10x faster on my ipt3. I prefer cydia but only use it for cydia only apps because of how slow it is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iPhone - Jailbreak = Dumb-phone!

Default Cydia isn't working
    Is it because I live in China or is there some other reason that Cydia is failing big time? I was back in the States for 2 weeks and is wasn't working then as well. Any advice?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't noticed any difference other than the reloading GUI is gone, but the loading time remains the same.

Mine has sped up considerably when loading Cydia, no errors. The last time I loaded Rock, I had all kinds of troubles, ended up having to do a restore to clear up all of the problems. Added it again, problems again, restored again, gave up on it. With 3.1.3 and the rigmarole in avoiding it during a restore, I'm not taking a chance again at this point in time.

No, even before the essential update I was unable to view all the images associated with Cydia - logos and such. And now, I haven't been able to update. It says, "http://apt.saurik.com Host Unreachable" & then, "Cached Failure" - what is up with that?

my iphone started to crash constantly after this latest update. nothing in particular [app or function] it would just sporadically crash. kind of like a low memory crash. [dont know] *shrUg*
    killall Terminal[]

I think Cydia / Saurik's server was just overwhelmed for a while, everything just worked. I'm not having any problems now.

Seems like there are issues.

The cydia folks should be prudent and halt the upgrades until the issues are resolved.

I am not a beta tester.

The cydia folks? Do you mean Jay? If you don't like what he does for us you don't have to use cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The update seems to be great. I did a restore over the weekend for an unrelated issue and took the opportunity to remove Rock from my life. Now, with a speedier Cydia, I don't miss it a bit.

If an update is causing issues and people have to restore...it should be pulled and tested further.

I think I found a solution for the GPG error. I went to etc\apt and renamed the file trusted.gpg.~ to trusted.gpg.d

worked for me :-)

Problem came back.... My solution was only temporary :-(
    Last edited by Kozmossis; 03-18-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

I found Cydia to be much faster immediately after the update. No problems so far, but it seems to have reverted to being as slow as it ever was before any update, but hey, it still works, so I'm grateful.

Slow issues seem to have returned :-(

Got the update I had Cydia customized with a theme, the themes still works but not in the Cydia app anyone help please.

Default thenk you
    thank you gooooooooooooood job

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123