Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Defends HTC Against Apple's Latest Lawsuit

Default Google Defends HTC Against Apple's Latest Lawsuit

If you haven't already heard the latest of Apple's Legal Wars, Apple has recently filed a patent suit against HTC, the makers of the Hero, Desire and Legend. The suit alleges that HTC have infringed on twenty Apple patents that are all related to the iPhone, it's User Interface, Architecture and Hardware.

While there has been discussion about the fact that if the court were to side with Apple could demand that HTC kill the phone, or at least some of its functionality, and apparently they easily could do this. Although, this is very unlikely.

“We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We’ve decided to do something about it … We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours” Steve Jobs, CEO, Apple
    Word on the Street is that Google is now stepping up to the plate and supporting HTC in the lawsuit. Google reached out to TechCrunch to have their say in on the issue: "We are not a party to this lawsuit," a spokesperson said. "However, we stand behind our Android operating system and the partners who have helped us to develop it." While it really comes as no surprise, seeing as their OS runs on these phones, it may mean that Apple won't have such an easy battle as they were hoping for.

EDIT: And Google WOULD want to support HTC. If Jobs and the fruity crew are going after the HTC UI and OS at all - they're also laying groundwork to do the same for Google's Nexus One, which is ALSO made by HTC and runs the Andriod OS.

Official Apple Page About Suing HTC

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Aren't they all copying the ONE and ONLY????

They know what sells and and iPhone type os sells

It doesn't matter what Google does or say's any phone that comes out that does anything with touchscreen that the iphone does its theft.

Yea Sure, So There should only be one Hamburger in the world, and it should be made by McDonalds... The rest are stealing the amazing technology that is the burger... because iPhone of course never stole any existing technology... they invented it all themselves...

I fully agree! If you guys are so so supportive to Apple, I guess you would love to have ONLY ONE brand of car "Ford", only One brand of computer, only one brand of everything in this world! I'm sure you guys would very love to paid high price for the only brand! Oh...we should only have one brand of coffee...so this mean that NO Starbuck too...

huh??? Iphone is your 1st mobile to discover that is has a touch screen or you're just stock to iphone???? HELLO?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You're looking at it from the wrong point of view folks. HTC would be free to produce their phones any way they pleased, if Apple hadn't filed a patent on the technology. If McDonald's filed a patent on the hamburger way back when, they could have easily sued Burger King for infringement. So Apple is doing a few things here. Of course they're protecting their patents, because at this time they have the legal right to do so, and of course the side product of all this is slowing down the touch screen competition, and maybe get some cash out of a successful lawsuit.

I said it in another post... the world must be coming to an end. Apple sounds more like Microsoft every day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

These kind of stunts make you want to punch Steve Jobs in the turtleneck.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SquareWheel For This Useful Post:

Armored (03-04-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (03-04-2010), mofolo (03-04-2010), reanimationxp (03-04-2010), rkswat (03-04-2010), xhenryrx (03-04-2010)

Touch screen were innplace before the iPhone, there are so many different technologys but it does not mean apple owens it, they can buy legal right, what about iPhone name was legally bought cisco for there own device, apple stole and had to pay shots lots of money to reserve , I'm loading respect for apple , is getting boring with there device

Quote Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
    These kind of stunts make you want to punch Steve Jobs in the turtleneck.
    ahahahahaahahah.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by edb372 View Post
    It doesn't matter what Google does or say's any phone that comes out that does anything with touchscreen that the iphone does its theft.
    Worst. First. Post. Ever.

Gesturing to unlock a touchscreen has been around since well before Windows Mobile 5. I really don't have the patience to nitpick every patent apple "owns" that pertains to this lawsuit. But any person who cant see that this is a blatant attempt by the Fun Police to protect marketshare, not patents is on something. The first real competition they've faced in 3 years and the only way they can cope is throwing a lawsuit at them. In the words of the great Fitty Cent, "I smell p*ssy".

As of right now, Apple is Fail. Looking forward to seeing Goople/HTC ad campaign following this.
    Last edited by cpkirkley; 03-04-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typos
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

a software patent is bulls#it, there is no reason that apple should win this lawsuit, and I mean I'm one of the biggest apple fans around. Come on people almost EVERY SINGLE THING is a copy in one way or another...think about it, apple had the first touch screen phone, so does that mean the world cant see another touch screen phone (unless its apples)?

Perfect example by someone above, could you imagine only having Ford cars. The point of a patent is so that you are given reasonable credit, and someone can simply copy paste your idea, but there has to be a limit people. There comes a point when i feel a patent should expire, you cant hold on to it forever, and have a license to sue anyone who comes out with anything similar. The world would stand still.

WAKE UP PEOPLE. I really really hope this brings up a discussion if a software patent is even possible. What if i make the same program in C++ that you made in Java, is that a infringement? Apple is trying a low blow on HTC to try and spank android before it gets outta hand.

Also anyone remember nokia's lawsuits? seem failure ?
    Last edited by hacker555; 03-04-2010 at 07:47 AM.

I love Apple, writing on my unibody MBP right now, but in reality this all comes down to one thing, Apple is scared.

lol die android die!

Gates "stole" the idea for a front end GUI. Apple sued and lost - what makes them believe that they will win this? You can't patent a "look and feel"... if thats true then they need to sue anyone affiliated with linux as well.

apple did not make the first touch screen phone. I had my i-mate Jam four years before the iphone. Same form factor, not as thin but just as small, touch screen, played videos, web, MUSIC, Apple coppied all of that. They should be sued!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djarben View Post
    Touch screen were innplace before the iPhone, there are so many different technologys but it does not mean apple owens it, they can buy legal right, what about iPhone name was legally bought cisco for there own device, apple stole and had to pay shots lots of money to reserve , I'm loading respect for apple , is getting boring with there device
    You sound just like every other person on here when it comes to stating the obvious. YES WE ALL KNOW TOUCH SCREEN WAS AROUND BEFORE APPLE STARTED THE iPHONE.

The patent goes beyond just the touch screen. You all need to stop making this arguement seem so simple and easy. Oh yes mc donalds has burgers and so do others then they should all be sued... Really? Go look at the 20 patents that are claimed to be infringed and educate yourselves. I haven't seen anyone bring anything useful to this argument since it was stated. Just useless comparisons and retard analogies.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hollow0 For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (03-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by iom_jack View Post
    huh??? Iphone is your 1st mobile to discover that is has a touch screen or you're just stock to iphone???? HELLO?????
    You joined the forums 9 months ago and made your first post now?

Everyone talking about ford, hamburgers, and touch screens lives far away or has no knowledge at all of what a patent is or how it works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast