+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Defends HTC Against Apple's Latest Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by SquareWheel These kind of stunts make you want to punch Steve Jobs in the turtleneck. +1 [/QUOTE] In the words of the great Fitty Cent, "I smell
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SquareWheel View Post
    These kind of stunts make you want to punch Steve Jobs in the turtleneck.
    +1

[/QUOTE] In the words of the great Fitty Cent, "I smell p*ssy".

As of right now, Apple is Fail. Looking forward to seeing Goople/HTC ad campaign following this.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Last edited by Promise517; 03-04-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i like how a lot of you make the same stupid comment "apple should just stop suing **** the patened"... am i the only one who sees the ******** in this? say you do invent something and patent it.. then someone steals the idea or technology and uses it themselves thus making you less and less money.. im guessing you wouldnt be pissed whatsoever..im not saying that apple "invented" any of its patented technology but the fact that they actually managed to patent it should count for some something..

What's Jailbreak? ryanofdiamonds's Avatar
    Thanks

my jaw was literally on the floor the whole time i read the comments to this article. do you guys really not know the purpose of a patent or what theyre were put in place for?
    this argument goes both ways though...
    - i can see how some of the things called out by Apple as patent infringement are valid, therefore Apple has a right to file a lawsuit because another company is USING APPLE'S PRODUCT AGAINST APPLE'S PRODUCT. How is that fair?
    - BUT Apple should not have the right to patent every damn thing they put on their phone (i.e. "oh look we made it where you can scroll pages by swiping your thumb to the left, PATENT!"), and their patents should be adjusted properly.

On another note, I hate HTC and whoever would buy one is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by speedtime View Post
    I fully agree! If you guys are so so supportive to Apple, I guess you would love to have ONLY ONE brand of car "Ford", only One brand of computer, only one brand of everything in this world! I'm sure you guys would very love to paid high price for the only brand! Oh...we should only have one brand of coffee...so this mean that NO Starbuck too...
    Apple is trying as hard as they can to be a monopoly. Every time I hear things like this or how many apps they turn away or even the fact that they turn away apps even if the word "android" is somewhere in the code (doesn't even have to be visible to users), it makes me want to throw my iPhone out the window and go buy an android phone. You never hear Google starting lawsuits against people for doing what they do (yahoo, ask etc.).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you know how much money is out there if Steve and company wins this law suit, imagine collecting a dollar for every phone your competitors make. they are just learning their lessons from nokia who make a piss load of money from every maker of gsm phones around the world

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

And your point? I'm sure if Android or i should say Google was doing this all of the lil android/google fanboys wouldn't be complaining. Anyone can say anything and post whatever video from 20yrs ago it doesn't matter. A patent is a patent. Once it's yours it's yours. That's it. Moving on...

Thanks

big lol at "jobs and his fruity crew"

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure food is a good comparison to a kind of touch-based technology that drives a competitive entertainment market. Patenting a "hamburger" is like patenting a "multimedia device" as a whole. This is a very specific type of technology that took years and lots of money to develop. Burger King WOULD be sued if they started selling the Big Mac, but not hamburgers as a whole. Make sense?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edb372 View Post
    It doesn't matter what Google does or say's any phone that comes out that does anything with touchscreen that the iphone does its theft.
    Quote Originally Posted by hacker555 View Post
    think about it, apple had the first touch screen phone
    This is what apple fanboys actually believe

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find it funny that HTC had Touch Screen Phones even before the iPhone came out. But yet, the iPhone did it first.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    No, that's what STUPID apple fanboys actually believe.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Way to choose the two posts from ppl who don't know what they're talking about...it's already been pointed out that some ppl don't understand what's going on with the patents...touch screen included.

I guess if I had wanted to use the words "apple fanboy" and take a swing at them I'd have hurried and posted a reply like that as well...

EDIT: Why is it so wrong that a company like HTC or Google actually make their own software and functionality?? Seriously, who is it hurting? I didn't know innovation was such a bad thing...especially with a company like Google, they have the means to create something of their own and make it be really cool.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-04-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    No, that's what STUPID apple fanboys actually believe.
    the rest of them are just quiet about it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If Apple spent less time suing other companies and more time on inventions, then we might be waiting on a 5th/6th gen iphone right now...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't you see what Jobs is REALLY doing? He feels threatened because more and more people are transfering over to android (I'm one. I almost got an iphone, then Jobs started pulling these things and bam that's it for me. I love my nexus one. It's a great device you all should look into that or the HTC desire. Both are great devices) I KNOW that when the windows 7 phone comes out he might even pull the same thing on microsoft or whoever produces the phone, because the iphone is getting old, and apple refuses to accept innovation. "No you can't have a physical keyboard, because that's one more product they have to support." That's my understanding of how he thinks.

I give it a 50/50 chance of the iphone delivering. Otherwise, I highly reccomend you get off the iphone train, and getting an itouch for games and fun apps, and using a newer android phone for your phone. (I'd say the nexus one, but by then my poor N1 will be all washed up. Great phone though. Multitouch is bleh, but it's not that important)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tenspeed123 View Post
    If Apple spent less time suing other companies and more time on inventions, then we might be waiting on a 5th/6th gen iphone right now...
    This was actually something that MSNBC/PCWorld had up about Apple/HTC suit. They listed 7 questions about the suit. This comment goes towards this one.

7. What does this mean for Apple? I tend to associate software-related lawsuits with companies whose hubris has exceeded their product-development chops. (Lotus, a once-great firm, devoted much effort in the late 1980s and early 1990s to suing other spreadsheet developers — if it had focused on writing software rather than filing lawsuits, we might all be using 1-2-3 to this day.) Apple remains the most inventive single producer of personal-tech products on the planet, but this just doesn't feel like a great sign.
    Source: 7 questions about Apple's suit against HTC - Wireless- msnbc.com

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

some of the stuff hat apple is claiming they stole is total bs...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LOL Apple is suing all the big guns. Nokia, HTC, who's next? Palm? They're gonna get fuuuuuuuuuuckedddd!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow.... a lot of full retard going on in this thread..

He says himself, he steals great ideas, and is shameless about it.

At first, steve jobs was like Steve Jobs, 1996: "Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal" - Steve Jobs - Gizmodo

but now he is pissing his pants because competitors put out better products. This is truly priceless. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when idiots like him squirm.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xodustrance View Post
    wow.... a lot of full retard going on in this thread..
    Yeah like people who can't spell or put a sentence together...