+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly App Update: March 3rd, 2010

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Yup. This is the same segment. Just wanted to satisfy a few readers and get the target of this segment more in tune with what it's really about; New Apps
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Weekly App Update: March 3rd, 2010
    Yup. This is the same segment. Just wanted to satisfy a few readers and get the target of this segment more in tune with what it's really about; New Apps for Jailbroken iDevices. For those of you that might be new, I will be covering new Apps and Updates you can find in Rock and Cydia. With so many additions to the repositories every day, it's hard to keep up. That's what this segment is for. Stay tuned each week for new updates. Developers, don't forget to tell us about your updates or new apps to includes this weekly segment.

What's New:

VolumeButtonExtender | [More Info]
    Volume Button Extender utilizes the volume switches on the iPod touch and the iPhone allowing you to control the iPod app without looking at your device. Press and hold volume buttons to skip songs or Press both buttons at the same time to play/pause.

Navimote | [More Info]
    Navimote lets you locate your iPhone on-demand using Push notification. Once Navimote has been installed and a token (or authorization code) has been entered, you will be able to track your iPhone from a web page.

Grooveshark 1.1 | [More Info]
    With Grooveshark recently being rejected from the App Store and now a new focus on the Jailbroken side of things, I felt this deserved a "what's new" shout. Grooveshark Mobile connects you to your online music library. Search for music from the Grooveshark catalog, and access your saved playlists and library with your Grooveshark account. It's your music, mobile

iNoRotate | [More Info]
    iNoRotate is an App-Specific rotation disabling tweak. Much like Rotation Inhibitor, with the exception that you can choose from: All Applications, SMS App, Mail App, Notes App, Safari App, and Contacts app.

Updates

ScreenRecorder | [More Info]
    Categories 2.99.4 | [More Info]
    Kirikae | [More Info]
    iSilent | [More Info]
    WeatherIcon | [More Info]
    MiVTones | [More Info]
    Cylay Three | [More Info]
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 03-03-2010 at 01:42 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

MaxRabbit (03-08-2010), reanimationxp (03-03-2010), reaves205 (03-03-2010)

Thanks

Nice to see you've changed the title
    Thanks for the info
    Last edited by confucious; 03-03-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Time warp.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting thread...look forward to some more info.

Damn!!! That was fast
    Last edited by iMack007; 03-03-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update nick, however I would like to point out some of the pitfall of few of the apps mentioned above.
    1.) VolumeButtonExtender- Well, I use the tweak to get MacVolume like sound from my iPhone volume keys. But if you install this app, that sound would not work anymore. I did bother me a bit, not sure if its important for other folks.

2.) iNoRotate: For me its useless app, it does very much same work as Rotation Inhibitor but the problem is this tweak will take extra BYTES on disk unlike RI which doesn't take even a single Byte on Disk. Another pitfall of this app is, it does not have SBSetting icon so....you can't quickly OFF or ON rotation. But yes, if it (iNoRotate) comes with App Specific OFF and ON this would be much better than the RI.

This is just my view, however someone would have different situation and would love this app.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockMeOn For This Useful Post:

musicguy303 (03-03-2010), reanimationxp (03-03-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When I updated to 3.0 I installed rotation inhibitor and it caused my phone to get stuck in endless reboot loop. I thought it was one of the best things in cydia but couldn't get it to work. I was really happy to see iNoRotate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would be great if someone could make volumebuttonextender work with the 3GS headphone buttons.

but all in all great

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naed View Post
    would be great if someone could make volumebuttonextender work with the 3GS headphone buttons.

but all in all great
    Hopefully the next iPhone will be shipped with the volume control headphones

This is a great thread. Keep it up.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anybody tell me the repo for grooveshark? Because I can't find it in cydia

Thanks

is grooveshark a paid service?

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for doing this weekly segment. The main reason I frequent this site is to get more info on new jailbreak apps. Good info is becoming harder and harder to find these days. Keep it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    is grooveshark a paid service?
    it is if you want to go VIP, which is currently the only way the app is usable. i think once the app matures a bit there may be some free features.

grooveshark is $3/mo, which may be worth it for whatever music you want on the go.. thinking about trying it out.

Thanks

i love the iNoRotate. I don't want all apps (just some) to be disabled so this is great.

GrooveShark - again, this one is money. not entirely certain i'll keep using it but a few minor improvements (better radio style playlists, check multiple songs or whole playlists to load for off-line play) would really make this a keeper.

Thanks

I believe ScreenRecorder was a new app this week, and a significant one.. not an update. Amirite?

Thanks
    ive never heard of screenrecorder till this week seems interesting looking forward to checking it out thanks for the info

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

the volume button app seems really cool. i think i am going to check that one out...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    I believe ScreenRecorder was a new app this week, and a significant one.. not an update. Amirite?
    about to say that

but nice guide
    really helps people

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks

i checked out most of these. not so sure if any of them jump out at me though.

mac prokit just had an update though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weekly App Update: March 3rd, 2010-screen-shot-2010-03-03-10.41.00-pm.png  
    killall Terminal[]