Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is Suing the Google Phone Maker HTC

Default Apple is Suing the Google Phone Maker HTC

Today Apple filed a lawsuit against HTC, the maker of the HTC phones and Nexus one. The lawsuits states thats there are 20 different patent infringements related to the iPhone OS, anchitecture, and hardware.

In the release, Steve Jobs says, "We can sit by and watch competitors steal our patented inventions, or we can do something about it. We've decided to do something about it...We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours."

From The Business Insider,
    Earlier, we supposed that Apple's multi-touch user interface could be the basis for the lawsuit. But after examining the complaint, it appears that Apple is NOT suing over multitouch, but rather a bunch of other software. (When Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone, he touted its multitouch screen, then said, "And boy, have we patented it.")
    It will be interesting to see how things play out. Apple is already involved in suits with Nokia over patent infringement claiming they also have stolen Apple's technology. Nokia is suing Apple in return claiming the same thing as well as Kodak who is suing Apple for stealing their technology.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-03-02-4.00.13-pm.png  
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

mosesh (03-02-2010), sobeniceguy2 (03-02-2010)

Was it apples original technology in the first place :7

Thanks

Was it apples technology in the first place?

I think that is the basis of the lawsuit

Companies seem to patent everything and sue everybody.
    While people should have a right to patent innovative ideas I sometimes think it's more about screwing money out of people if they can.
    I don't know the facts of this case so could be wrong but I'm not sure this will benefit anyone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

interesting article
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

I can't see how a patent would benefit anyone but the patent holder.

You see it all the time with drug
    companies. As soon as their patent is about to expire they release the CR or XR version of the drug that is supposed to be new and improved, while in reality it is just a blatant patent extenders and attempt to take sales back from generics.

iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

so every1 sues every1 lol. at the end of the day its all about money

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

^ duh.................lolz

This is a joke, Appl£: We can and will infringe patents of other companies (nokia) but we'll get really upset if anyone infringes our patents.

Appl£ is getting so feckin irritating!!!
    Last edited by dsg; 03-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,215 Times in 6,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    haha blkcadi you and your love for monies haha.
    yes, i love monies, you haz? meh needz.........

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I like my Nexus One, I can see some iPhone similarities with the multi-touch and a couple other things but I've seen those on a lot of other smartphones as well. I do think its cool when companies make their own software and technology, I know the iPhone has been the basis for all other smartphones, but companies do have the ability to come up with their own stuff.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

They should protect their investments and that is exactly what this is about:money involved in bringing new ideas to products. It is not cheaply done.

Sueing is the number one get rich-quick scheme in America and if you look at it from an Apple (or any company) point of view, in one hand you can sue right away for a patent violation and make a quick buck from court fees, or in the other hand they can wait it out, let the competitor make lots of money, then sue so that they can claim all the money they already made instead of killing the patent early and hopeing the tech they used will make as much as sueing would have...it's quite smart on their part that way but getting really lame at the same time...just my two pennies!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    They should protect their investments and that is exactly what this is about:money involved in bringing new ideas to products. It is not cheaply done.
    they make the iPhone, sell it and are making money, Appl£ should shut up.

It's not just HTC that infringe patents, Appl£ do as well, buisness is cut throat

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Companies seem to patent everything and sue everybody.
    While people should have a right to patent innovative ideas I sometimes think it's more about screwing money out of people if they can.
    I don't know the facts of this case so could be wrong but I'm not sure this will benefit anyone.
    I was gonna say that same EXACT response! I'm so gonna sue you for that!
    #eli7e revived me

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Melech you could have added a lot more detail to this article since it's all over the internet.

The definitions of a couple of the patents include "Using a gesture on a lock screen to unlock a phone" and "Lowering voltage to a processor to save battery life".
    Thank you for adding that. I was in the middle of a meeting when I typed this up on my iPhone
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I'm gonna sue all of em for getting on my damn nerves with all this infantile BS!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    yes, i love monies
    Lol, this line right here reminded me of the movie Idiocracy.

@Rota

oh im sorry...forgot about the touch revolution nokia and palm exhaled prior to the iphone
    killall Terminal[]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast