+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple is Suing the Google Phone Maker HTC

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i've said it before and i'll say it again. if you invent/conceive or patent you quite usually allways develop it first. otherwise its just an idea in your head and
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    i've said it before and i'll say it again. if you invent/conceive or patent you quite usually allways develop it first. otherwise its just an idea in your head and its anybodys game. there were no mobile phone OS's let alone multitouch capabilities on the mobile market [anywhere similar to the iphone] prior to the iphone.
    killall Terminal[]

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Melech you could have added a lot more detail to this article since it's all over the internet.

    The definitions of a couple of the patents include "Using a gesture on a lock screen to unlock a phone" and "Lowering voltage to a processor to save battery life".

    It's a total cop out by Apple because Android is gaining market share at an extremely fast pace.

    It'll probably follow the lawsuit with Nokia:

    Nokia sues Apple
    Apple sues Nokia
    Apple sues HTC
    Fill in the blank.

    Apple wasn't even close to the first person to have multitouch, and they blatantly ripped off ideas from Nokia and Palm. Their patent trolling is just going to get them caught up in lawsuits from all sides dragging on for years. HTC has been in the cell phone game for 13 years and will also have Google backing them. I don't see what Apple is trying to accomplish with this other than simply trying to kill off the quickly growing competition.
    Ohh troll boy, are you still here? You misinformation and blatant trashing of Apple knows no bounds. We all know your hatred of Apple is so great, you can't help yourself, given ALL opportunities to trash talk Apple. So who do you work for. Microsuck? Adobe? IBM? Tisk tisk, troll boy, you are too pathetic to even laugh at anymore. Surely your toy helicopter would be more fun than trash talking these forums EVERY DAY? You'd be better suited here: Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid

    You can trash talk Apple all you like there, I'm sure the fools there would believe anything you say.

    Now toddle off, you're trashy friends await.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroo For This Useful Post:

    steve-z17 (03-03-2010)

  4. #23
    iPhoneaholic Amraam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    439
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Sick of the same broken ******* record.

    FFS Apple, get used to the fact that you have competition. Stop whining about it and instead release a better iPhone to compete with!!

  5. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Using a gesture on a lock screen to unlock a phone wow i never knew u can sue for that wts nxt touch icon to open music player

  6. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    Ohh troll boy, are you still here? You misinformation and blatant trashing of Apple knows no bounds. We all know your hatred of Apple is so great, you can't help yourself, given ALL opportunities to trash talk Apple. So who do you work for. Microsuck? Adobe? IBM? Tisk tisk, troll boy, you are too pathetic to even laugh at anymore. Surely your toy helicopter would be more fun than trash talking these forums EVERY DAY? You'd be better suited here: Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid

    You can trash talk Apple all you like there, I'm sure the fools there would believe anything you say.

    Now toddle off, you're trashy friends await.
    Agreed. I thought after he got his Droid we wouldn't have to hear his Apple trash talk anymore, its seriously getting old. Does he really have nothing better to do than keep taking swings at Apple? And what is it accomplishing? Nothing, except someone posting negative comments all the time. By this time you should know how Apple works, if you don't like them then why continue to have something to do with them by owning an iPhone (especially now that you have your Droid) and spending time writing negative comments on a forum for them?

    HTC/Google are definitely good enough that they should be able to make their own sweet software and not have to use ideas that Apple has already put on the iPhone. Obviously Android has a cool pattern unlock that they came up with so we know they can do things on their own, so why keep using Apple's slide to unlock on their products? They have the resources and money to make something unique to them so why not do it?

    I don't think its very competitive using the same idea on something like that when it would be so easy to make something of your own for your device, something that your customers will be able to enjoy and connect with from your products.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-03-2010 at 03:57 AM.

  7. #26
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Agreed. I thought after he got his Droid we wouldn't have to hear his Apple trash talk anymore, its seriously getting old. Does he really have nothing better to do than keep taking swings at Apple? And what is it accomplishing? Nothing, except someone posting negative comments all the time. By this time you should know how Apple works, if you don't like them then why continue to have something to do with them by owning an iPhone (especially now that you have your Droid) and spending time writing negative comments on a forum for them?

    HTC/Google are definitely good enough that they should be able to make their own sweet software and not have to use ideas that Apple has already put on the iPhone. Obviously Android has a cool pattern unlock that they came up with so we know they can do things on their own, so why keep using Apple's slide to unlock on their products? They have the resources and money to make something unique to them so why not do it?

    I don't think its very competitive using the same idea on something like that when it would be so easy to make something of your own for your device, something that your customers will be able to enjoy and connect with from your products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    Ohh troll boy, are you still here? You misinformation and blatant trashing of Apple knows no bounds. We all know your hatred of Apple is so great, you can't help yourself, given ALL opportunities to trash talk Apple. So who do you work for. Microsuck? Adobe? IBM? Tisk tisk, troll boy, you are too pathetic to even laugh at anymore. Surely your toy helicopter would be more fun than trash talking these forums EVERY DAY? You'd be better suited here: [url=http://www.droidforums.net/]Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid

    Quick! You're fanboyism is showing!
    While Apple is a good company, this is a blantant and ridiculous move to kill off the competition.

    Android is gaining fair share of the market, and so Apple does the only thing they can do. Sue.

    It's obvious that Steve Jobs wants his device to be the news talk of the day again, but with a device that's so closed out of the box unlike the Android OS, that's not gonna happen.

    Of course Apple Fanboys such as yourself will defend it till the death saying they need to be more original.

    Deep down inside you know Apple set the bar, and companies are meeting that bar, and because they're finally meeting it, Apple is whining like little kids.
    Last edited by doeboynmek; 03-03-2010 at 05:03 AM.

  8. #27
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Last edited by Nerd; 03-03-2010 at 07:50 AM.

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    the iphone still is the sexiest looking phone though...right?!?!?! I dunno, I see the blast building up for a bada$$ iphone upgrade in June....

  10. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mi
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by doeboynmek View Post
    Quick! You're fanboyism is showing!
    While Apple is a good company, this is a blantant and ridiculous move to kill off the competition.

    Android is gaining fair share of the market, and so Apple does the only thing they can do. Sue.

    It's obvious that Steve Jobs wants his device to be the news talk of the day again, but with a device that's so closed out of the box unlike the Android OS, that's not gonna happen.

    Of course Apple Fanboys such as yourself will defend it till the death saying they need to be more original.

    Deep down inside you know Apple set the bar, and companies are meeting that bar, and because they're finally meeting it, Apple is whining like little kids.
    They know they're fanboys so why point out the obvious? Fanboys won't understand your criticism because they're fanatics. The only thing I don't get is why so many in mmi for? They do understand that this is a modding site, right?....I assume fanboys on mmi are just like the rest of us who feel that mods make everything better, the only difference is how their open relationship with apple ends up here. Try and go back to the way things used to be is what apple keeps telling them, but the fanboys keeps coming back, if apple was to shut the door permanently for hackers then you'll most likely see the same people who worshiped apple flooding themmgphone site with the same affection towards android too.

  11. #30
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    you'll know when I know
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    i've said it before and i'll say it again. if you invent/conceive or patent you quite usually allways develop it first. otherwise its just an idea in your head and its anybodys game. there were no mobile phone OS's let alone multitouch capabilities on the mobile market [anywhere similar to the iphone] prior to the iphone.
    No mobile phone OS's? Windows Mobile? Palm OS? Symbian? Backbery OS? There were plenty of Mobile OS's and some even had a touch interface. Multi Touch? It wasn't invented by Apple no matter what you may think. It was invented by Fingerworks.

    FingerWorks

    Apple did not invent apps and touchscreen phones! They only made it mainstream! Erwan Mac's blog

  12. #31
    What's Jailbreak? pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    if you could read you would see he said there wasn't a mobile phone os similiar/like the iphone os not that there wasn't one at all. Stay in school! imo

  13. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by doeboynmek View Post
    Quick! You're fanboyism is showing!
    While Apple is a good company, this is a blantant and ridiculous move to kill off the competition.

    Android is gaining fair share of the market, and so Apple does the only thing they can do. Sue.

    It's obvious that Steve Jobs wants his device to be the news talk of the day again, but with a device that's so closed out of the box unlike the Android OS, that's not gonna happen.

    Of course Apple Fanboys such as yourself will defend it till the death saying they need to be more original.

    Deep down inside you know Apple set the bar, and companies are meeting that bar, and because they're finally meeting it, Apple is whining like little kids.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, you obviously didn't understand or fully read my post. And if I'm a "fanboy" for sticking up for Apple when I agree with what their doing or saying and disagree when I don't think their doing something right, and for owning multiple Android phones, then cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    They know they're fanboys so why point out the obvious? Fanboys won't understand your criticism because they're fanatics. The only thing I don't get is why so many in mmi for? They do understand that this is a modding site, right?....I assume fanboys on mmi are just like the rest of us who feel that mods make everything better, the only difference is how their open relationship with apple ends up here. Try and go back to the way things used to be is what apple keeps telling them, but the fanboys keeps coming back, if apple was to shut the door permanently for hackers then you'll most likely see the same people who worshiped apple flooding themmgphone site with the same affection towards android too.
    Just because you want to improve something doesn't mean you think it sucks or you hated it in the first place...if you bought parts to improve a car to make it faster or get more gas mileage does that mean you didn't like the car in the first place or the company you bought it from?....no, you just wanted to improve it, you obviously liked it in the first place for some reason, that's why you bought it.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 03-03-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Sure Android is gaining ground. They will surpass the iPhone simply by the number of phones that are running it. If you have 10 different models of phones running android and 3 models of iPhones running the iPhone OS naturally Android will prevail. However, no one single model of Android will sell more than the iPhone. Not going to happen.

  15. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Sure Android is gaining ground. They will surpass the iPhone simply by the number of phones that are running it. If you have 10 different models of phones running android and 3 models of iPhones running the iPhone OS naturally Android will prevail. However, no one single model of Android will sell more than the iPhone. Not going to happen.
    Very good point! Make a lot of appealing phones, put Android on them and you're guaranteed to outsell a company who's only put out 3 models. And out of all those Android phones the only one that I think has been impressive is the Nexus One, a lot of the others are just so so.

  16. #35
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by doeboynmek View Post
    Quick! You're fanboyism is showing!
    While Apple is a good company, this is a blantant and ridiculous move to kill off the competition.

    Android is gaining fair share of the market, and so Apple does the only thing they can do. Sue.

    It's obvious that Steve Jobs wants his device to be the news talk of the day again, but with a device that's so closed out of the box unlike the Android OS, that's not gonna happen.

    Of course Apple Fanboys such as yourself will defend it till the death saying they need to be more original.

    Deep down inside you know Apple set the bar, and companies are meeting that bar, and because they're finally meeting it, Apple is whining like little kids.
    You say companies are meeting it but they are not meeting it with originality that is the clear point of the argument. And yes Apple has done the same thing and they are hypocrites for doing so, but in my opinion if a company is going to make an OS make it so that it's completely different than another OS. Don't make phones that physically look and operate the same way as the competition. The lawsuit that Apple put out is just so that company can think of another way to create innovation. Most android fanboys can't see that scenario so of course they defend their little robot OS to no end.

    I'm for Apple on this one only because it is patented. If it's patented then it's a close case. Don't copy it, create something different, and move on. Same goes for Apple in the case of Nokia. If Apple took something from Nokia then, Apple needs to create something different and move on. Patents are here so that things that companies create wont get ripped off and misused. It is there so that companies can create a different technology under their intelligence...not from someone else. All of these Android OS mimic the iPhone OS that's why i haven't switched to them. There's not much originality in it. But there are features that i do like. Any who, that's my 2 cents....
    Last edited by hollow0; 03-03-2010 at 09:53 AM.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to hollow0 For This Useful Post:

    steve-z17 (03-03-2010)

  18. #36
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Why are they picking on HTC?? Just because the HD2 is so damn awesome? Why don't the early mobile manufacturers sue Apple like Nokia or Motorola etc?
    Glad Nokia is suing Apple, Apple have become sucky since last year.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-03-2010 at 10:05 AM.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  19. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    They know they're fanboys so why point out the obvious? Fanboys won't understand your criticism because they're fanatics. The only thing I don't get is why so many in mmi for? They do understand that this is a modding site, right?....I assume fanboys on mmi are just like the rest of us who feel that mods make everything better, the only difference is how their open relationship with apple ends up here. Try and go back to the way things used to be is what apple keeps telling them, but the fanboys keeps coming back, if apple was to shut the door permanently for hackers then you'll most likely see the same people who worshiped apple flooding themmgphone site with the same affection towards android too.
    Lol I agree with the last part of this.. Im not a apple fanboi but if they closed the door on hackers I'd get rid of this phone like it was contaminated with the ebola virus... Apple needs to update their OS.. I like it hacked but stock no bueno... But to me android is too unpolished... I like the pre's os alot but the phone is really buggy cuz its a brand new os... Like others have said Apple did not invent multitouch but were the first to use it on a phone os so it will be interesting

  20. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    I love how the basis of all of these concerns are surrounded by multi-touch. Everybody disregards the other patents and only focuses on multi-touch lol. Poor androids...

  21. #39
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In my own lil' world, United State
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    I have been readin these posts, and I don't have an iPhone or a Droid, but my friends do. The Droid seems soo much like an iPhone to me. Just to let you know also, Im posting from my iPod Touch. Apple may be being hypocrytical, but from my understanding, Nokia didn't patent any multitouch thing at all, so what the hell are they suing Apple for?? I think that these other companies need to keep it real, they need to invent their own ****, I mean, Google is smart enoughto create their own software, and so is Nokia and all of them other companies. I won't bash T-Mobile, because they have been creating touch screen phones too; but they differentiate from he iPhone and iPhone 3g And the iPhone 3gS. But, in my opinion, these other companies need to get their crap together, and get to the top by being ORIGINAL!!! Apple was NOT original with the multitouch, but they were original with everything else. P.S. I'm NOT an Apple fanboy. Matter of a fact, I would sail my iPhone down the Columbus river in a basket with hpes in it for a chance to get a Blackberry Curve... my mom and dad have one. They are soo cool, what with The Blackberry App World and other stuff? Totally beastastic!!!

    Sorrry, I meant that I would sail my iPhone down The Columbus River in a basket with holes in it. I don't have an iPhone though. I stays with T-Mobile because they're not bashing, and theyre not getting bashed, like AT&T and Verizon. But yeah, that was just an expression
    Last edited by QWood13; 03-03-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    The whole point of Android is that is will run on any hardware.



    It isn't. Two of the claims are "Using a gesture to unlock a phone from a lock screen" and "Reducing power to a processor to conserve battery life". Somewhat paraphrased, but that's almost verbatim from the patents.

    I'd like you to tell me a phone that doesn't reduce power to the CPU to preserve power when it isn't being used. Also, now we can patent gestures? So if someone invented toilet paper, I could patent the ***-wiping gesture and sue everyone for using my idea?

    Patents like these should have never been approved in the first place, they just hold back innovation.

    EDIT: To set the record straight, I still have my iPhone. I'm deciding whether I should hold onto it or sell it right now.
    I know what the claims are but if you read the comments and even in other sites other than MMi the point they're covering is multi-touch (they as in the people commenting). And yes i understand that some of the patents were bogus.. but it was approved.. what more can you say or do? Have you read the Kodak patent infringement? They are suing companies that have a icon to click to take a picture....what else is one supposed to use? I remember the article was posted somewhere on mmi...i'm too lazy to give exact details.

    Quote Originally Posted by QWood13 View Post
    I have been readin these posts, and I don't have an iPhone or a Droid, but my friends do. The Droid seems soo much like an iPhone to me. Just to let you know also, Im posting from my iPod Touch. Apple may be being hypocrytical, but from my understanding, Nokia didn't patent any multitouch thing at all, so what the hell are they suing Apple for?? I think that these other companies need to keep it real, they need to invent their own ****, I mean, Google is smart enoughto create their own software, and so is Nokia and all of them other companies. I won't bash T-Mobile, because they have been creating touch screen phones too; but they differentiate from he iPhone and iPhone 3g And the iPhone 3gS. But, in my opinion, these other companies need to get their crap together, and get to the top by being ORIGINAL!!! Apple was NOT original with the multitouch, but they were original with everything else. P.S. I'm NOT an Apple fanboy. Matter of a fact, I would sail my iPhone down the Columbus river in a basket with hpes in it for a chance to get a Blackberry Curve... my mom and dad have one. They are soo cool, what with The Blackberry App World and other stuff? Totally beastastic!!!

    Sorrry, I meant that I would sail my iPhone down The Columbus River in a basket with holes in it. I don't have an iPhone though. I stays with T-Mobile because they're not bashing, and theyre not getting bashed, like AT&T and Verizon. But yeah, that was just an expression
    see, again multi-touch....
    Last edited by hollow0; 03-03-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts