Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A Tiger Woods-Inspired Text Erasing App Hits The App Store

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default A Tiger Woods-Inspired Text Erasing App Hits The App Store?

Since many of us spend more time texting on our iPhones than we spend actually having conversations on them, perhaps there is a sizable audience of iPhone owners who will find value in the new TigerText application.

The word "Tiger," of course, is likely invoked here as a tongue-in-cheek reference to the golf pro recently embarrassed before a global audience for his private-turned-public marital infidelities.

So is TigerText really the iPhone's ultimate app for people with "something to hide?" Basically, TigerText is a texting app that literally leaves no long-term record of who said what and when. In short, the app makes your texts disappear - or "self-destruct" according to the lifespan you establish for their existence. And by disappear, it's not an exaggeration. Text messages are deleted from your iPhone, the device that received messages from you, and even the server that made your exchanges possible.

Talk about covering your tracks, huh?

While the app is obviously a response to high-profile celebs like Tiger Woods who were partly busted by SMS messages that gave away extramarital "transgressions," the makers of the app are having fun with this nifty little offering that's being promoted as perfect for "cheating spouses, politicians, sexting teens!"

TigerText is free to try but there will be fees to use the full version - something you'll need if there's really something to "cover up."
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 02-28-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! This will take things to the next level for all those teens that enjoy sexting, as well as for parents or guardians who are trying to keep track of everything that goes on with their child's phone.

Seriously

Thanks

Can i cheat on my GF Now?
    EDM

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

MaxRabbit (03-08-2010), moorean32 (02-28-2010)

I won't even if she didn't. For some reason even if I erase, the message will not erase. Scary, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Yes, now she won't find out about the other guy you have...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

whereswaldo (02-28-2010)

That's my thought if I had the app

Why did u reply after me melech
    Last edited by High_Voltage; 02-28-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What? lol
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    hahahahahaaa!!! good one

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    ..****.. they know already!
    Sorry Zeal, time to end this relationship. lol.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

so the other person has to have tiger text also???? i just sent a message to a friend and it told him to download tigertext on his ipod or iphone to read the message i sent him. GGGGAAAAAAYYYYYY

Epic win!!!!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Nice grab for attention with the title, but this app was both created AND named before the tiger woods fiasco. (authors made a statement.)

Shizzle! wanted to try this out, but it's not available in the UK...that's just so lame!!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    ..****.. they know already!
    Sorry Zeal, time to end this relationship. lol.
    Yikes! lol

What? lol
    Why didn't you reply after me melech?....haha
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-28-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

does it erase your crashed SUV and the dumb b!tch in your passenger seat? that's what tiger needs.

I would be EXTREMELY skeptical of a product that supposedly "erases messages from the server". That sounds like a bold-faced lie. the telecoms keep all of those records in the event law enforcement needs access to your records.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrrippey's Avatar
    Thanks

well if you are jailbroken, there is an app called iBlacklist that 'hides' all of the crazy messages your mistress sends you in the middle of the night...not that I know anything about that.......

Rippey
    Rippey
    iOS 4.0 3Gs 32GB on the lamb
    Still has nice things on it, pictures too

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    I would be EXTREMELY skeptical of a product that supposedly "erases messages from the server". That sounds like a bold-faced lie. the telecoms keep all of those records in the event law enforcement needs access to your records.
    Agreed. Unless they're somehow bribing their carriers, there is no way they can make that claim. Then again it isn't designed to protect you if you're doing something illegal, so law enforcement, etc doesn't fall under their threat model; obviously if you're going to send a bomb threat it probably isn't going to help you much.

IMO it's a complete waste of money, unless you're really too stupid to know how to delete text messages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast