Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Child Labor in iPhone/iPod Manufacturing Uncovered By Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeT674's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite from brotherbond007
    "Get dem kids to workin'! Come on we got the new iPhone due by June!!!!"

ROFL!!!! hahahaahaha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lifted206 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (02-27-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    Get dem kids to workin'! Come on we got the new iPhone due by June!!!!
    lol!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    And to the kids, the wrapper on one of those stacks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifted206 View Post

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Should build their products in Japan.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kroo View Post
    I think you'll find most, if not all, of these countries are communist countries, comrade!! So before you jump on your high horse in an attempt to slay the capitalist dragon, condemn the people who use child labor as a basis for their industries. China, Nth Korea, India, Pakistan, Taiwan. Do you know where, or who makes the shoes, or clothes you're wearing? At least some companies like Apple actually do audits. Nike on the other hand, know this happens and is happy to make billions on the back of sweat shops.
    why go for the sheep when you can behead the capitalist dragon all in one shot,go after the big guys atleast that way we'll have a clean slate on our part of the system . you're wrong only 2 of the countries you mention are considered "a communist state" from the communist block comrade!
    about 80% of the child labor activities in the world are not from communist countries especially dozens of countries in latin america , eastern europe,and africa that concludes massive child labor but not under a communist state

Thanks

Im 15 and i would love to make iPhones, lol. If i was being mistreated, i'd sue, period.

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    i think they call it " capitalism at it's finest" , the absolute essential to the survival of corporate america at a time of fearing a greater recession to secure their existents .
    your ignorance is blinding. without looking at your profile, i'm guessing 13 to 14 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    about 80% of the child labor activities in the world are not from communist countries especially dozens of countries in latin america , eastern europe,and africa that concludes massive child labor but not under a communist state
    well what'dya know. those are dictatorships.

Quote Originally Posted by flix View Post

So again... why not simply make them here?

Last edited by lolcats1; 02-27-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    If Apple hired people in the U.S to make their stuff maybe they would not be in this situation would they? At least they are doing something about it...
    Then all their products would be even more ridiculously expensive.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

I have to laugh at some of these posts, and not the ones that are meant to be funny. I live in a third world country where the average adult income is between $3.00 US and $6.00 US per day. I know children who work. If they don't work they don't eat. That is the way of life for some children.

I'm not advocating child labor, but do you want the children not to work and starve to death? "Poor" in America means you have an old CRT TV, but it's color. You have to drive a 20 year old car. Where I live poor means living in a tin shack. Not having a TV, but that doesn't matter because you don't have electricity. You have to carry water to your house from a communal well. Only the rich have cars. The "middle class" have motorbikes and the poor walk or have old bicycles. Children starve to death. Malnourishment is the norm, not the exception.

Child labor is bad, but children starving to death is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jdyates View Post
    Im 15 and i would love to make iPhones, lol. If i was being mistreated, i'd sue, period.
    Don't brag about being 15 and ignorant. You can't sue an employer in the third world.
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to uncle_don For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (02-27-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_don View Post
    I have to laugh at some of these posts, and , and not the ones that are meant to be funny. I live in a third world country
    shame that since the soviet union broke up, there's no such thing as the third world.

hmmm, that kind of kills it, doesn't it?

Children starve to death. Malnourishment is the norm, not the exception.

children starve to death, while you sit in front of your computer and post on rumor sites. nice
    Last edited by lolcats1; 02-27-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    shame that since the soviet union broke up, there's no such thing as the third world.

I'm glad to here that you have traveled the world extensively and know there is no third world or true poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcatsl
    children starve to death, while you sit in front of your computer and post on rumor sites. nice
    Don't worry about me. I sleep very well knowing what I have done and continue to do to help those around me.
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

Thanks

I have to laugh at some of these posts, and not the ones that are meant to be funny. I live in a third world country where the average adult income is between $3.00 US and $6.00 US per day. I know children who work. If they don't work they don't eat. That is the way of life for some children.

I'm not advocating child labor, but do you want the children not to work and starve to death? "Poor" in America means you have an old CRT TV, but it's color. You have to drive a 20 year old car. Where I live poor means living in a tin shack. Not having a TV, but that doesn't matter because you don't have electricity. You have to carry water to your house from a communal well. Only the rich have cars. The "middle class" have motorbikes and the poor walk or have old bicycles. Children starve to death. Malnourishment is the norm, not the exception.

Don't brag about being 15 and ignorant. You can't sue an employer in the third world.
    This is a great post. Thank you

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdyates View Post
    I am sure many in the Chinese government would entertain concerns of being mistreated. Perhaps more like enertained.

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Kids underpaid??? They shouldnt be working in a sweat shop PERIOD.
    wrong! you have no idea what it's like in a third world country, in a situation like that, every one in the family must work in order to survive, and yes even the children. both my parents are not from the unted states and they both had to work, since they were about 8 years old. sure its a horrible thing, but if every one dosen't pitch in the whole family would collapse. Every dime counts when your family is poor, and if these kids work for an underpay and horrible conditions, it's for a reason, maybe the parents put em to it; but they wouldn't make their kids work if they were rich. If someone works in any condition it's because they can't just lay around and expect money to fall from the sky, unlike every damn kid in this country. I've seen way to many spoiled kids that have no idea about work. You say they shouldn't be working in a sweat shop, try being poor, and see what you do for work.
    Last edited by badass1469; 02-28-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: typos
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

Default its not Apple's fault.
    its not apple's fault, its these outside companies that tolerate these practices. although, for sure, apple would push through with its fair policies and all that american equality thing, the reality is people from very poor countries would take any job just to survive. its a common business practice to outsource manufacturing of products to other countries specially 3rd world countries because yes, it is more expensive to make them here in the US. if a US laborer were to be paid the minimum $8.5/hr, x 8 hours = $68 a day. Abroad, they would only pay $8 for a day of work. im sure apple is not the only company that does outsourcing, but with the advent of the iPad, theyve been put on the spotlight. im not surprised this is happening.

I was reading an article on Engadget (Apple supplier audit reveals sub-minimum wage pay and records of underage labor -- Engadget) and they were saying that the "children" who were underage were 15 at the time they were working.

What many people don't know is that here in China your age starts at conception, so, yes they may have been "underage" by the Western way of calculating age but could very well have been just fine according to the Asian way calculating age (I'm not trying to condone child labor, but there are other sides to some of these stories that need to be considered.)

Great post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post

That would be the second world.

You sure told him!

People learn and revise geography and history, you sit in front of your computer and manage to post something of pure ignorance. Nice.

Last edited by dale1v; 02-28-2010 at 05:15 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast