+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Add A Second Line To Your iPhone with Line2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
GV is good, but it won't ring within its own app. It still requires a cellular GSM connection to work. Yes you can dial outgoing calls, but it still requires
    Green Apple
    Thanks

GV is good, but it won't ring within its own app. It still requires a cellular GSM connection to work. Yes you can dial outgoing calls, but it still requires you to have a GSM connection when it calls your phone.

This app works like skype and works well.

Using the voicemail forwarding, it works well for me. I used the *004# to forward missed calls to my toktumi number and now if I am not in an area where I get a GSM connection, but I still get a WiFi connection, my calls are routed there and I will still receive them.

I work in a hospital and in certain areas, my cell phone doesn't work. also, in my house, my phone is unreliable. Now with Line2 running in the background, I don't miss calls.

Hope it works for you.

Jon

Thanks

i dont really see the functionality of having two lines when you only have one phone to deal with them. the point of having multiple lines is to handle multiple calls at once w/o putting people on hold and crossing over or combining the calls together. to me this is pointless as a mobile device app. just use call waiting
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you tried to receive forwarded calls without running the app in the background? It seems highly unreasonable to have to keep an app open just to get calls

Thanks

I use the fring app to SIP dial my gizmo5 account which is linked to my google voice number.
    It's great. Saved me from going over my mins.

Green Apple
    Thanks

anolis:

You can't receive forwarded calls unless the app is open. If you open it and leave it running in the background, then it works fine.

What's Jailbreak? josephkirklen's Avatar
    Thanks

That is why iPhone are one of the best business phone in the market. We've been using it as a business phone wherein voicemails, rerouting, call transfer can be easily achieved. With additional apps your iPhone can boost its best potential!

What's Jailbreak? josephkirklen's Avatar
    Thanks

With this ability of having 2 lines on an iPhone, then my wish list for an iPhone to have dual-SIM capability is not a requirement anymore!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12