Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iControlPad In Production - Gamepad For your iDevice Coming Soon!

Default iControlPad In Production - Gamepad For your iDevice Coming Soon!

The iControlPad has come up a few times in discussions, and we've all seen various photos and demo mockups of the iControlPad. The news that's floating around these days is that the iControlPad has already been sent to production and will be shortly available.

Our friendly Jailbreak Dev, @stroughtonsmith sent out a tweet today talking about the iControlPad being near release and in production, although it's not exactly coming from @craigix's mouth.

For those of you that don't know, iControlPad is an iPhone & iPod Gamepad Accessory for playing various games on your jailbroken iDevice. Yes, as this point, you must be Jailbroken to use the iControlPad. No word on wether or not they will bring out an AppStore app for this, but then again, there probably wouldn't be much use for it on many AppStore apps. This gamepad is ideal for emulators.

There is currently a survey going on at the iControlPad website, and any input would obviously help the direction of this accessories release. I look forward to this one, as long as it's priced right.

iControlPad - Add real gaming controls to your iPhone!
    Source: [@stroughtonsmith]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

redmoonshine (02-25-2010)

This would be great for ipod touch not really for iphone because if it rings you have to fiddle around to take it out just to answer it i like the concept though looks great
    IF I HELPED PLEASE HIT THANKS

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

First!
    ^^ oops as soon as I clicked "post" that guy posted too...:'(
    Second!

This looks good, I'd buy it for sure if it isin't expensive...That NES emulator may be good for something after all!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

^agree (with the guy above the "FIRST!!!!!" douche), or at least have a hole for the headphones so you could just pop in your headphones and talk if a call comes in
    iLive an iLife

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

redmoonshine (02-28-2010)

I have been waiting. SO. LONG. (Though I wish they went back to the old design.)

I like the original design too. It was first talked about what two years ago? That's a long development process. Surprised no one else has beaten them to it.

Here's the other competing controller which still isn't in production: 22Moo GameBone iPhone, iPod and iPad Gamepad

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh...doesn't look that cool. Even if I did spend time gaming I certainly wouldn't want to do it with my phone. I guess for some it would be useful though.

Quote Originally Posted by biggie81 View Post
    This would be great for ipod touch not really for iphone because if it rings you have to fiddle around to take it out just to answer it i like the concept though looks great
    Bluetooth? If you're gonna set it up to play, throw on your bluetooth earpiece and you're set. True, they could allow a pass through for the headphone but the speaker and mic are probably still accessible since you'll need to hear the games and may want to use the speakerphone.

I'd pick one up for emulation purposes since I can't quite get used to non-tactile feedback of the touchscreen.

it would be a huge success if it worked for appstore apps and partnered with like ea for example. they should also have considered adding other functionality to it, like spare battery back, camera lens, or even a vga cam for videochat!
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool... All I ask is that the iControl Gamepad has a soft scratch-free cushion for my precious iPhone. Only because I would like to keep it in mint-condition when I sale it and I can buy my Windows 7 Phone. =]

Thanks

It has been like 2 years of development. I want one! When will this be released?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

this ruins the point of having an ipod. if you want this, get a DS and an ipod

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

This almost seems pointless. I'm already playing emulator games on my iPhone with my wiimote. It's great to use my AV cable, plug it up to the big screen, sit back in my lazy boy.... Ahhhh Game On!!!!!

Thanks

Actually the price WAS going to be around $30 but now they are going to have two versions.....built in battery and one w/o the battery. im guessing $50 for the non battery and $75 for the one with the battery. What really cool is that it's actually 3 pieces. i have been following Craigx's tweet and this comes aprt so go figure. The reason that it has take so long is because Craigx has placed more emphasis on the PANDORA gaming device instead of this. so hence the delay. but ima buy a few regardless.....i can't wait....soon ill have the iControl-Pad and the universal remote for the iphone yay! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    this ruins the point of having an ipod. if you want this, get a DS and an ipod
    That's like saying get a phone and an ipod instead of getting an iphone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

Conas (02-25-2010)

I likie
    Love the iphone hate stuck up apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks great. Can't wait to get one!

If they release this before the release of 4.0, is there a chance it would lose compatibility? That'd suck

doesn't look to hot for me. I would like to see something a little bit more 2000'ish lookin'.. Good idea bad design. IMO

My Wii Remote works just find for these emulators. (:

Honestly, it's pretty damn ugly.
    Shoulda made it a sleek design like, say, the iPhone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast