Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Initial iPad Demand Really Beat Initial iPhone Demand?

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Does Initial iPad Demand Really Beat Initial iPhone Demand?

If someone told me last week that the initial demand for the iPad is way ahead of the initial demand for the iPhone three years ago, I would asked the person just how much "Kool-Aid" they've been drinking. But according to a new survey, the iPad leads the iPhone in early market demand.

A ChangeWave Research survey reveals that Apple's tablet is "outpacing" the 2007 first wave of demand noted for the iPhone. As a result, Mike Abramsky of RBC Capital Markets is reiterating the findings, which suggest that 13 percent of the public may pony up to pay for an iPad in the coming weeks. That tops the 2007 survey which found that only 9% of consumers were likely to buy an iPhone upon the device's release.

Strangely enough, while many have expressed (in these forums) some concerns about the initial high price of the iPad variations, it seems that for the most part, pricing isn't an issue. Only 8% of survey respondents (3200 people in all) raised objections to the iPad pricing. Astoundingly, 28% of survey respondents griped about the iPhone's initial pricing.

Of course, surveys are ultimately just surveys. We'll have to wait until the iPad is officially released before any true measure of "initial interest" can be gauged. But from where Apple is standing right now, all signs indicate that things are looking up for the iPad's release.

this is unbeleivable!!! personally, i wouldn't want a giant iphone. especially if i already have one. they say its more, but its just bigger. sure, better quailty and more screen estate. its not that great though. and for $400?! who gives a care!

Oh wow... How amazing

Considering getting one myself ...... just for the fun of it

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

i find this hard to believe

It shows the power of type. Jobs could take a dump, slap an Apple logo on it, call it the iPoop and tout it as the greatest invention of all time and the fanboiz would still turn out in record numbers. *******************

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

glendoor (02-23-2010), whereswaldo (02-23-2010)

all this speculation before the device is even up for purchase. lame

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Apple fanboys stick up for all Apple products!!!
    I think this is just more than Apple fan boy dedication. Historical data for Apple computer market share in 2009 lands at about 8% of overall computer sales, based on information from this link...there may be more up to date data, regardless, that leaves 5% unaccounted for that cannot be counted as fan boys....

Apple's US Market Share Slips in 1Q 2009 - Mac Rumors

I believe the projected 13% is due to the Iphone saturation and delivery into the market, provoking an interest in Apple products.

I also believe many people are seeing this product for exactly what Apple is suggesting: Ereader, Web surfing, etc. Not a workhorse.

Nonetheless, I personally cannot wait for its release to hear feedback from customers. Hopefully this will provide both sides of the Ipad sucks, or Ipad is great the closure they need.

This isn't surprising to me at all. The iPad may seem like a giant iTouch to most, but will prove to be a game changer.

Ps- Apple fanboy comments are getting old. Remember, this is an Apple forum
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Personally I waited 6 months after the release of the iPhone before I bought in. It was thanks to this site actually, and of course the jailbreak community, before I recognized that the iPhone wasn't just a closed off, limited piece of crap.

Thanks
    The iPhone was revolutionary, atleast in America and we all agree to that. The iPad...the iPad is iPhone technology with a bigger screen. Blow our minds Apple, you did it once before but other than that it's just been expensive laptops with bad hardware. If not for the iPhone, I would hate everything about Apple.

And I'm not against tablets either. I assure you I'll be getting the HP Slate. The iPad though is just embarassing in my opinion, reminds me of this old comic I saw where an old man is holding a 3 foot long ipod classic in his hand.

Interesting survey.i wish Apple rule the degital world.i love when people say "wow" when they see my iphone 3gs.
    But ipad is not for me,i think.I don't read degital books and i am happy with my 3gs.Many of the members in this forum and forums like this are Masters(rather doctors) of Apple products.i have learned a lot from these Masters.You can't compare the openion of these Masters to common people.
    best of luck to Apple and all you masters and visitors.Thanks

It's just an oversize iTouch (not iPhone). It has no camera or web cam. That I can forgive but it can't accept USB!? Without USB, the iPad is pretty limited to what it can do.

I got an iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch, Mac Mini, and a MacBook Air but I am in no way getting an iPad. I will be waiting for the 4G iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll believe it when I see it. Somehow I doubt the survey sampled the same audience and had neutral wording.

i love how initially we had so many members SHUDDERING at the expected $1200+ price tag on the iPAd. now and ever since its release debut, weve had nothing but complaints on the $500-800 prices. its ridiculous. if its not one thing its another with these windowsFAnBlowers.
    killall Terminal[]

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Ps- Apple fanboy comments are getting old. Remember, this is an Apple forum
    Agreed! It's extremely old and annoying, you're on an Apple forum talking about Apple products. Should we consider you "Apple fan boys" for spending time talking about their products and owning one? I didn't think so..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Agreed! It's extremely old and annoying, you're on an Apple forum talking about Apple products. Should we consider you "Apple fan boys" for spending time talking about their products and owning one? I didn't think so..

The Applefanboy comments won't stop until the trolls are dead !!!

Even I find the fanboy comments lame and the only apple product I own is my iphone, and it was given to me by a friend who upgraded.

And maybe apple does suck for locking the iphone, but it gives us something to talk about! LOL

Because no one knew what the iPhone was. A lot of people are on verizon and can't use an iPhone. And though there's an iPod touch, it's not very appealing to some. IMO, ipads are great for old people.

I do not understand why people compare ipad to ipod touch or iphone, No you can not !!!!
    I pad is going to be a new class to enjoy your multimedia, do some online window shopping while sitting on couch and watching tv and checking and writing mails ....
    tell me how many people actually do that ( watch tv.. sip beer and playing with your notebook on couch, reading blogs..... or just board, then go to star buck and sip some coffee while playing with ipad ....
    how many company thought of a revolutionary ipod, till apple launched it, and then what every company wants to beat or make a better products the ipod,
    same thing happen when iphone came now company actually getting together and trying to beat the iphone
    what you think guys, you think any company is gonna even come close to iphone .... NO .. TRUST ME
    and you all know the answer too...
    yes Apple could have make ipad lot better, but hey it;s business if they provide everything in 1st generation then what they are gonna bring in next version???
    so people we must appreciate the all the R&D involve in it and enjoy and still you don't wanna spend your money on ipad, sit tight and relax because some one near you will be enjoying their songs, movies games photo etc sitting next to you, you could look over the shoulder OR may be go to apple store to do hands on and then say to yourself " Damn this thing is good "
    this is what I think.........

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    I do not understand why people compare ipad to ipod touch or iphone, No you can not !!!!
    I pad is going to be a new class to enjoy your multimedia, do some online window shopping while sitting on couch and watching tv and checking and writing mails ....
    tell me how many people actually do that ( watch tv.. sip beer and playing with your notebook on couch, reading blogs..... or just board, then go to star buck and sip some coffee while playing with ipad ....
    how many company thought of a revolutionary ipod, till apple launched it, and then what every company wants to beat or make a better products the ipod,
    same thing happen when iphone came now company actually getting together and trying to beat the iphone
    what you think guys, you think any company is gonna even come close to iphone .... NO .. TRUST ME
    and you all know the answer too...
    yes Apple could have make ipad lot better, but hey it;s business if they provide everything in 1st generation then what they are gonna bring in next version???
    so people we must appreciate the all the R&D involve in it and enjoy and still you don't wanna spend your money on ipad, sit tight and relax because some one near you will be enjoying their songs, movies games photo etc sitting next to you, you could look over the shoulder OR may be go to apple store to do hands on and then say to yourself " Damn this thing is good "
    this is what I think.........
    I know I just trashed people who use the term "applefanboy" , but well, you might be.......... forget it

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Effenpig! For This Useful Post:

mortopher (02-23-2010)

Yeah sure maybe there is more hype for the iPad than the iPhone but I think the reason is BECAUSE of the iPhone. The iPhone blew us away. I don't believe the iPad will hold up as well in the long run as the iPhone has. I hope I'm wrong. Go Apple!! P.S. I have an iPhone so I must be a . fanboy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast