Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Initial iPad Demand Really Beat Initial iPhone Demand?

I'm surprised that peole are surprised. Do y'all still honestly think that us geeks determine whether a product will sell well or not? Technology in general has broaden it's market well beyond what it was years ago. Geeks and technophiles are now the very loud but very small minority when it comes to the hot new gadget.

And the iPad is going to be THE gadget. It's not going to replace laptops, it's nothing more than a glorified oversized iPod touch and believe me when I say it will sell like hotcakes at a hotcake addicts convention.

The majority of people could care Les about multi-tasking, USB, and half the crap we (myself included) complain about. They're happy to do things the Apple way, which is hardly the best, they always strike a good balance between easy of use and style (for the most part). Anyone will be able to pick up an iPad and use it.

Do we know the USA release date of the 1st iPad yet?

Cant seem to find that anywhere?

Tks

Thanks

As of 2010, we expect more basic ways to sync that ipad with a USB at least on the side to either stream or edit videos from external camera and that's not there. We have evolved just as quickly as tech has changed and certain features we expect just saying

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Could it be March 1st or late March, I'm not sure if I'm a a fan boy or not but had the 1st generation, 3g and 3gs and their macbook pro and the magic mose with window 7 on it ofcourse, for some reason apple don't have a backspace button only a delete button. I'm not Apple haters just dissappointed how they do business, such as you can come to any apple store and buy the iphone outright with firmware 3.1.3 but can't go back to 3.1.2, so how the @*&^ am I suppose to jailbreak or unlock the phone, we are suppose to buy a $600 piece of brick. The hype on the Ipad were all that, multi tasking, usb, camera, but Steve Job firgure he could come out with a stereoid Itouch and call it good.

I am with SB on this, I am waiting on my chance to preorder. I had a macbook becuase I was taking many courses over the past years. But I am out now and since the announcment I decided to sell the macbook and already got me a new 27in i5 iMac last week. I am looking for the iPad to be the middle gadget. For when I am just sitting playing ps3 or xbox360 and want to look something up without bringing a laptop out of sleep or closed postion but have bigger screen than my iPhone. Or when I can't sleep and just want to check the forums and news before passing out for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by TT KH View Post
    ....such as you can come to any apple store and buy the iphone outright with firmware 3.1.3 but can't go back to 3.1.2, so how the @*&^ am I suppose to jailbreak or unlock the phone, we are suppose to buy a $600 piece of brick.
    What store can you walk into and find models that are just made that come with old firmware? I am sure the current PS3s and I know the current xbox360s on the shelves don't come with old firmware. They come with the closest possible one.
    Last edited by Cer0; 02-24-2010 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Well ofcourse they will always have the latest firmware but still let us folks restore it like before, they have taking the ability from us of going back, try to restore, the only restore will do is to update.

Thanks

I think Kool-aid made the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by TT KH View Post
    Well ofcourse they will always have the latest firmware but still let us folks restore it like before, they have taking the ability from us of going back, try to restore, the only restore will do is to update.
    Same goes for those other electronics too. You can't go back on firmware.

Thanks

You CAN go back on firmware, but you have to go exactly 88 MPH

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123