Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Initial iPad Demand Really Beat Initial iPhone Demand?

Can't the stories about the overpriced giant iPod touch be put in that section?!? I already have enough reasons to be constantly and continuously astounded, and profoundly devastated by the idiocy of humans!!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Thanks

People in general want to be apart of something ie...tailgating in the parking lot of a football game with no tickets, so I believe whenever the iPad date is released there will be hundreds lined up at the apple store in towns all over the USA just because

Thanks

I don't know. To me the inherent flaw in the ipad is that by design it seems like it will be a bit unwieldy. With a laptop you set it down, flip up the screen, it works just about anywhere. Lay in bed, flip up the screen, good to go. With the ipad you'll almost always need to use one hand to support it. Before you bash me, I know maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks

No way in hell I'm spending any money on that piece of trash.

Can't even Multi-Task... WTF?

Americans buying more **** they don't need... With money they don't have... More on this at 11!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote from MetallicaFan1991
    Apple fanboys stick up for all Apple products!!!

Previously I have owned no Apple Products till the iPhone came out. Since then, I have owned every incarnation of said device.

People said, initially, that there's little difference between the 2G and the 3G and again a similar small difference between the 3G and the 3GS version.

How wrong were they!!?

I've become a Fan of the latest and or best converged mobile computing technology.

Call me what you like, but I'm more inclined to believe that the owners of the 40+ million iDevices owners, have invested in these Appl. Products due to intelligence on their behalf as opposed to the brain dead zombie like way they are referred to as 'Fanboys'.

Apple, despite their 'protective stance' on locking down everything Apple, are obviously doing alot right otherwise we wouldn't have all bought into it.

They may be 'Marketing Kings', but their iDevice products are in effect as good as they claim it to be, as the proof is in the pudding!

This years Nexus One, it seems, is a better bit of tech than last years 3GS. But look at what they had to stick in it to kick Apple's a..e!
    And yet are they kicking Apples butt in any way, where it really matters? I think not.

I'm looking all the dame to jump on the Nexus Bandwagon just for the cutting edge tech, but it would be foolish to do so without waiting to discover just how sweet the iPhone 4G will be 

in any event, the iPad is a logical step for me personally.
    I want an oversized iPod Touch with a cutting edge brand new powerful CPU & GPU that can outgun my current 3GS, with wich I am very satisfied.

Yes I'll have me some of that Multi touch goodness on a much larger scale, thank you very much.

Yeah I'm aware of the shortcomings too, such as no USB inputs, no flash, upgradeable/removeable storage etc etc.

One thing Apple haters seem to forget, is that Apple doesn't sell crap as a rule.

They spend a great deal of time & money on researching all aspects of a proposed development, hence their success.

I still don't like the restrictions they impose on our property, but then jailbreaking isn't illegal (or is it now?) so with communities like MMi and a bunch of clever developers and contributors, we take Apples already very good devices and make them excellent devices further helping Apple to profit from continually improving future revisions of existing products or releasing different and new ones along the way.

We get the benefits of what these technologies do for each of us.

If you don't like it...it's very simple, don't buy it & go elsewhere, but I guarantee you, you'll be complaining there just the same.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iMack007 For This Useful Post:

dale2 (02-25-2010)

The reason why more people are planning on buying the iPad than the iPhone at launch is well because the iPhone is a phone. Most people were probalby already stuck in a 2 year contract with their carrier and had to wait until that expired to get the iPhone...

That being said I'll be getting an iPad the day it comes out. Don't really care if no one else sees the use for it, but 90% of what i use my laptop can be replaced with the iPad at a much more convenient form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetX View Post
    90% of what i use my laptop can be replaced with the iPad at a much more convenient form factor.
    Why did you even buy a laptop?!? apparently you only use 2-3% of its capabilities!!

I wonder how many people willing to empty their wallets for this stupid overpriced thing, stopped making their house payments months ago!?
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Why even buy a laptop?

@Gadgetx....are you for real or simply retarded?

We buy cars that are capable of doing far more than our laws allows us too, yet we still buy them because of what they are able to do.

We are only capable of using 'arguably' for some, a very low percentage of our brain, should we therefore not indulge in educating ourselves as we are limited in our ability to use all of our brainpower? Or shall we use our brains regardlessly to further our individual interests?

That's a rhetorical question

Anyway, I'm all out of time for this discussion. I'm getting me an iPad and I'm satisfied with my justification for it, not necessity.

Each to their own I guess.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm really getting sick of all the Apple haters on this forum. If you were a Boston Red Sox fan, you wouldn't go to New York and run your mouth about the Yankees would you??? I sure hope not. Same situation...If you don't agree, this is the wrong place for you!

i'm still waiting for the next iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    pre-iphone, no one knew what the hell it was all about. now, many people do. its a ******** comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by brianlvincent View Post
    I'm really getting sick of all the Apple haters on this forum. If you were a Boston Red Sox fan, you wouldn't go to New York and run your mouth about the Yankees would you??? I sure hope not. Same situation...If you don't agree, this is the wrong place for you!
    Wrong. People complaint doesn't mean they hate Apple. In fact, they love Apple or else they won't have Apple products.

If you just sit there and just take whatever Apple gives you, Apple will never improve.
    Apple think it's okay to have just 1-2 features add on to a product each time they upgrade their product while charging you another $600+.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlvincent View Post
    There are a handful of haters, but most people are just disappointed at Apple. I love my iPhone but the iPad was just a horrible disappointment for what we know if could have been. You can't just expect everyone to be joyful and happy about everything Apple releases. That makes you nothing but a fanb....nevermind.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

meh, I could care less who buys one. I am ready for the preorder. Some of the cydia app development for the iPad is looking sick!

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    Why even buy a laptop?

@Gadgetx....are you for real or simply retarded?
    My laptop is what I bring to class to either pull up lecture slides, do hw in the library, or just kill time between classes. My DESKTOP is what I do everything else with.. so no I wouldn't consider myself retarded I use the more powerful machine to do the more powerful work, makes sense to me.
    Last edited by GadgetX; 02-24-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks

Ipad at even 64Gb would not be enough to replace your laptop or even a PowerBook! Luxury item YES/Laptop replacement-NO

This sounds like "Apple accounting" to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why so many people are upset with the iPad. You are so used to seeing the iPhone that when you see an iPad you just see a "larger iPhone." Thing is, there are still people out there that haven't got an iPhone and chose to stick with whatever phone/service they have. Now that there's a new iPad being released, I can see why there are people wanting it. The iPad isn't being marketed as a phone. It's being marketed as an internet device that you can manipulate with your fingers. It's for browsing websites, viewing videos, sharing pictures, etc. Not for phone calls. The iPhone is a phone first. I wonder how people's reactions would be if Apple had released an iPad first, then iPhone later. Maybe it would have had an opposite effect. #JustMeThinkingOutloud

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetX View Post
    That being said I'll be getting an iPad the day it comes out. Don't really care if no one else sees the use for it, but 90% of what i use my laptop can be replaced with the iPad at a much more convenient form factor.
    lol, it looks less comfortable to use than a laptop
    Last edited by dale1v; 02-24-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast