+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stores are NOT Confiscating Jailbroken iPhones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Amusing that people would actually believe that. Jailbroken or not Apple has no right to your property. And you've done nothing illegal by jailbreaking it either. Maybe (?) the people
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Amusing that people would actually believe that. Jailbroken or not Apple has no right to your property. And you've done nothing illegal by jailbreaking it either. Maybe (?) the people who release the software cracks. But especially if it's not for profit then I doubt that either.

Thanks

What you did was ballsy and for that I bow down.
    Now the only thing I'd like to know if you can debunk is what I've heard about iTunes not letting jailbroken iphones connect to it.

Is this BS or going to be BS in the future?

Thanks

^^itunes story is utter BS period...

Thanks

Someones been watching to many old totalitarian Sci Fi movies. It's my iPhone I'll do what I want with It. And the day Apple goes to court and law makers make modifing the monopolized software so I can run other apps illegal. I seriously doubt except for maybe in the US, governments would allow such a silly law to be carried out

Thanks

So many rumors and stories going on right now that it's hard to keep up sometimes!

Thanks
    When I read the story, I was tempted to go to an Apple store and dare them to take my jailbroken iPhone

Thanks

everyone at my local at&t store is jailbroken. it's kinda funny. don't know about apple stores though.

went there once and talked to a "genius", they're a bunch of idiots.

Thanks

My roommate used to work at an Apple Store; and he, and all his co-workers had jailbroken iPhones. The only thing the management staff asked them to do, was disable winterboard while at work so that if a customer saw it; they didn't ask them how it got that way. They still fixed and helped people with jailbroken iPhones.

There are more people out there that jailbreak then we (and Apple) think there are.

Plus; they cannot, take your property, no matter what country, or state you are in. If they did, you could easily sue them, and get the employee that took it arrested, because it is theft, and get some extra $$$ out of it. When you buy an iPhone. It's yours. You can do whatever you want with it, as long as you are not making money off it (charging for jailbreaks; selling iPhone firmware). It's not illegal to jailbreak either; Apple can scream and yell all they want to, they are just ******** to ***** cause Steve Jobs wants everyone to be the exact same in his own little cult.

Apple used to be a company that was about individuality and creativity. Now it just seems like they have become what they were trying to fight against (IBM in the late 80's).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Two weeks ago, the original iPhone 3GS I bought (the morning it released) had a speaker blown out (hardware issue). I've never dropped the phone in water or on the floor (was in perfect condition). Of course, I had Apple OneCare active and when I took it to the store, it was jailbroken. The Apple Genius told me she couldn't give me a new iPhone until this one was restored since it was jailbroken. So she restored it for me at the desk and confirmed it was a hardware issue, then gave ma a new iPhone.

That Manager must be wack; looking to be a hero or something.

Green Apple
    Thanks

battle : Apple Vs hotrod1964
    Challenger : Apple
    1 2 3 Begin
    hotrodo1964 : uses iphone kamehamehaaaaaaaa super effective of jailbreaking
    Apple : 9 % left
    Apple : uses iphone restoraaaaaaaaaaa super effective of restoring
    hotrodo1964 : 15 % left
    hotrodo1964 : uses iphone super technique FLASH
    Apple : K.O
    hotrodo1964 : Wins

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I like to hear of people fighting over stuff they have no right to, that is why I just read all 40 some comments here. BTW like some said I have taken my iPhone to ATT store and they have said nothing to me, the guy just kept on using it and explaining even though he had a hard time doing it, lolz.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Steve had a JB iPhone too, or at least a personal software like it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My iphone 3g was jailbroken and there was a crack on the back side of the iphone. I went to apple store to renew my contract and get the 3gs. First I renewed my contract and get the 3gs then because of the crack i wanted to see how much is going to cost to change the back side. By the way when i got the 3g one 1.5 years ago i paid $65 extra for some kind of guarente. When i go to service department. The service person check the crack, he saw the background picture was different and there were a few cracked apps and he just asked me " Did you backed up your phone on your computer" and i said yes. then he just gave me a new iphone 3g. He also gave me a screen protector. Because my iphone had one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdivitt View Post
    Apple employees have no authority to seize your property. Jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod is not illegal. If it was illegal it would be a civil matter and not criminal, and if it was a criminal matter, Apple employees are not agents of the law. This is a ridiculous story.
    This is absolutely right! Sound like you either know the law, or have had "experience" with it...(jusk kidding)

Thanks

You pay for the phone. This is a free country. You can have a right to do that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I went to an Apple store once to see if they could do anything about my water damaged iPhone. In front of me was a middle-aged lady talking to a "genius" because her iPod wouldn't turn on. The "genius" looked it, took in the back, and told her it was nothing he could do since the battery looked to be shot, and it was out of warranty. As she was about to end the conversation I stepped in and told her: Miss, you can buy a new battery online and watch a youtube video and replace your own battery.

The 'genius' gave me a dirty look.

Of course they couldn't help me with a water-damaged phone, and offered me a full price on a refurbished iPhone. I went on ebay and bought one for $250 (3g).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah I have brought in my phone and they knew right off the bat my iPhone was jailbroken, but they said nothing

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've been to an apple store with a jailbroken and heavily modded/themed phone and all I got was "wow, awesome theme" the the so called genius.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My 3G lost its ability to get a GPS signal. Since I was still within the Applecare contract I figured that I would get a new 3G from the store. Not knowing if they would honor my Applecare with a JB phone, I restored to a virgin pure iphone with no music or apps to avoid any issues during the exchange.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Dude don't even start, if you don't like what's written on the site then don't come on and read it. But if you are don't write stupid comments trying to bash someone, its old and there's no need for it.

Yeah I really doubt that something like that happened, someone just had too much time on their hands. If it happened to me I'd go Chris Brown on their ***!
    It was a joke...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default solution
    the last time i went to the apple store, i forgot to restore it. they told me about it being illegal or whatever, i walked away, went to settings, and them erase all content and settings, and gave it back to them, while it was frozen on the load screen. thats the most simple solution