Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot and DevTeam Discuss Exploits for New Baseband

Thanks

wow.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Too funny!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

i don't post much.... but i sure do a lot of reading and wow!

WOW - finally found that I am not alone. Have 3GS 3.1.2 (05.11.07) jailbroken tethered with blackra1n, working perfecty for a month.. This morning couldn't get service. Tried rebotting and re-jailbraiking. I get the face image but nothing happens for 2-3 mintues and then the phone goes into hard rese again.

It seems that restoring with a custom firmware is the next step - which one 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and with which tools - I am on a PC, but if necessary can get access to Mac ?

Is your SHSH "on file"? If so then changing your hosts file you should be able to shift-restore to a 3.1.2 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Is your SHSH "on file"? If so then changing your hosts file you should be able to shift-restore to a 3.1.2 firmware.
    It is, but hosts/shift-restore to a 3.1.2 didn't work out, tried several times on different computers - kept getting the 'non eligible' messages from itunes.

I realized that I have 2 days left to return/buy another unit, so that's the plan - hope I don't get the very latest bootrom and don't encounter this problem again!

Most likely you will get the latest bootrom. Did you edit your hosts properly?

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Most likely you will get the latest bootrom. Did you edit your hosts properly?
    Seemed like I did. Have no choice at this point. I thought it was possible to update to a "custom" 3.1.3 via shift-restore (saw that in some post), and now I think I am locked in??

You can only install custom firmware if you have the old bootrom. Can you PM me your part in the hosts file of the change you made?

So, open the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Last edited by Cer0; 03-23-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBoHoHYkgYTRnmVThg View Post
    book luxury new york hotelscheap hotel jesolothe tides hotel south beach fl
    What the deuce
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrBoHoHYkgYTRnmVThg View Post
    book luxury new york hotelscheap hotel jesolothe tides hotel south beach fl
    Awesome. Now go drink some bleach....

Gone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678