Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GeoHot and DevTeam Discuss Exploits for New Baseband

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Although it does seem weird to think about the two working together, seeing as how GeoHot posted an article awhile back claiming that the DevTeam worked or "could be working for" Apple.
    LOL I'm sorry but get your facts straight.
    That was posted by appuloha1l, one of the fake teams.

oh and by the way, he didn't want an "opensource" alternative, he wanted to use an exploit already out in the OPEN.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

I was sorta hoping we'd see a blacksn0w update for the 5.11.x baseband which works on the 3.1.3 firmware, that way at least folks could update (preserve the old baseband) and still unlock.

Perhaps its more work then I think (since I have no idea) but don't think that would give apple anything, since its not the baseband but the commcenter thats preventing it from working?

I'm on AT&T anyway, so updated my 3GS via snow as the unlock is not needed, plus have my old 3G still which I keep unlocked as a backup or if I need an unlocked phone.

Thanks

3.1.3 is an insignificant update anyways.
    Why update?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I'm really sorry, but Hotz's pic scares me.
    No kidding! that's the only bad thing about geohot's stuff. ugh! what's with the iPhone halo?

Thanks

We owe respect to geohot cuz unlocking and efforts for time and energy for each update has got to be mind-boggling

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    3.1.3 is an insignificant update anyways.
    Why update?
    I'm guilty of being one of those people who likes to have the latest version. Its my sickness...lol. But I do know to do my homework. I would never do it if I depended on the unlock.

Thats why I have a 3G sitting at fw 3.1.2 which is blacksn0wed, in case its ever needed.

Plus, got 3.0, 3.1 and 3.1.2 SHSH's on file for the 3GS, so always could downgrade it if ever needed. And actually have a 2G phone in a drawer someplace with 2.2.1 on it still I think.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default respect
    I don't know why anyone would bash either Geohot or the Dev team. Just respect the time and effort they put into helping YOU jailbreak and/or unlock. Don't like em? Don't use their product. I mean, they give it to you for FREE. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!

Geohot, love and respect all your work.
    Dev Team, same to you.

Thanks for the jailbreaks and unlocks, past and future!

Thanks

I would like to add that I was also one of those that wanted the latest fw update regardless if it was significant or not until I understood Why? I was needing this update. I think in reality 3.0 or 3.0.1 were the only firmware that made sense to update too. The best fw update was 2.2.1 and I had no battery drain either.

Thanks

the 2.2.1 update had absolutely no features and was put out for the sole purpose of killing yellowsn0w.
    In other words, it was pretty much exactly like 2.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

*YAWWNNN* wake me up when the 4G jb/unlock is released..k thx..

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RossMc View Post
    Im glad I have got my 3GS Officially Unlocked now and don't have to worry about all this anymore
    How did you get your 3GS officially unlocked???

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

he most probably has a factory unlock which is good so when the jailbreak comes he can put cydia back on

wtf with unlocking..pls do something with later 3gs jailbreak..

Dev and geohot teaming up?
    wow. Never thought I'd see that happen....the one thing it'll do is make one big happy community devoid of division...I for one have ONLY always used Dev's releases. If they decide to team up, all the better as 'two good heads are better than one'.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

@ hollow0:

if you live in the UK and have an o2 iPhone on pay as you go, you can pay £15 to have your phone officially unlocked. It takes about 2 weeks for them to clear it with Apple, who then give you the unlock over the air via iTunes.

Got my heads up from Confuscious....cheers mate :P

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^Yeh and you lose your free 12 months wifi and internet bolt on which is why I don't pay for an official unlock yet.

I need a jailbreak, I've been stuck on 3.1.3 for weeks now.
    P.S I didn't upgrade because I'm a noob, I had to as my iPhone was causing problems.
    Can I downgrade to 3.1 and 3.1.1 though? The SHSH things are saved on Sauriks server.

The Dev Team won't 'team up' with Geo but that does not mean they don't talk. I have great respect for both - I just wish they wouldn't talk in public!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

PapaDocta (02-21-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMack007 View Post
    @ hollow0:

if you live in the UK and have an o2 iPhone on pay as you go, you can pay £15 to have your phone officially unlocked. It takes about 2 weeks for them to clear it with Apple, who then give you the unlock over the air via iTunes.

Got my heads up from Confuscious....cheers mate :P
    dannngggg are you serious??? man i wish i could do that!

The point is, Geo just might not have the skills to bring out an untethered jailbreak for 3gs 3.1.2=/>!! Think about it, its been a good few months since blackra1n was released, if it was possible to have a untethered jailbreak, then it would have been out well before now!!... IT JUST CANT BE DONE... thats why hes waiting for the new 3.2 and 4G iphone to see if apple have let him find an untethered jailbreak, if they havent then people like me (and there are literally 1000s) will be stuck in this shithole of untethered darkness... i jailbroke my 3gs 3.1.2 OTB the day the jailbreak was released, and here i am stuck!! the iphone battery is crap, and i have to keep looking at my iphone just to make sure im near my house or car or im without any means of communication if the battery dies! its like the bleeding dark ages! im gona sell it on ebay and just hope they dont want it jailbrokn, gona upgrade to 3.1.3 first and hope that fixes the stupid tethered crap, then sell it and buy the 3G, i can live without the compass anyways!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    dannngggg are you serious??? man i wish i could do that!
    That's right. A number of European countries use the same prinsiper. The customer will pay between £ 15-30 and carrier unlocked your phone through iTunes. Or rather, Apple unlock your device.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast