Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Sony Ericsson Trying To Rip Off The iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Oh yes because Sony hasn't invented anything overwhelmingly important like the VCR, or the first portable media players (which quite literally paved the way for your beloved iPhone), or the 3.5 inch floppy, CD, and Blu-Ray Disc right?
    uh oh! i think its against the forum rules to talk about any company other than apple with praise, the mods are sure to gang r@pe you now...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    Oh yes because Sony hasn't invented anything overwhelmingly important like the VCR, or the first portable media players (which quite literally paved the way for your beloved iPhone), or the 3.5 inch floppy, CD, and Blu-Ray Disc right?
    And heres me thinking the best Sony and electronic device is the PlayStation, which it is. Sony also changed the gaming world with the PlayStation 1.

Don't Apple also copy anything that's successfull and then make it better...

Why isn't the Nexus One, HTC HD2 etc trying to "Rip Off The iPhone"?
    The SE looks nothing like the iPhone but I agree the iPhone is the best.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Maybe someone can explain how that thing is an iPhone ripoff? Looks totally different to me. I guess it must be the front-facing camera for video calls. Oh wait, the iPhone can't do that.

No matter how much I disagree that this is iPhone news, it does seem to have provoked quite a response....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone pyromcr's Avatar
    Thanks

every one has been ripping off the iphone ever since it came out...

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Just looking at the picture makes me go "oh look, its another fail!"
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're NOT trying to knock off the iPhone right now then you're not going to be staying in business very long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    If you're NOT trying to knock off the iPhone right now then you're not going to be staying in business very long.
    Hardly. The interface is growing a little stale, the fact you can't set a background image is extremely lame and stupid, no customization of even the sounds is lame, shall I go on? Android is getting better by leaps and bounds and one of the reasons it's not as popular is you don't have flat out morons like Messany, a supposed 'writer' for this site, buying them in droves. Morons like him will take anything that Apple makes a the best thing ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No matter how much I disagree that this is iPhone news, it does seem to have provoked quite a response....
    Because Messany is an idiot, and it's a great way to generate site hits. His and other lame posts by the so called writers here are approaching the lameness of sites like TUAW at a rapid pace. This is a stupid post and 90% of the garbage he writes is quoted from other news outlets.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 02-18-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tfd1978 View Post
    WTF??? X10 a knock-off????? WTF???? That's a great phone!!! Stop comparing everything you see around you with Apple, and iPhone, and iPad, and......
    iPhone the little sister? Nah i think not since the iPhone GUI was the first, and then came the other siblings trying to imitate what was already given to us. Your analogy is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Hardly. The interface is growing a little stale, the fact you can't set a background image is extremely lame and stupid, no customization of even the sounds is lame, shall I go on? Android is getting better by leaps and bounds and one of the reasons it's not as popular is you don't have flat out morons like Messany, a supposed 'writer' for this site, buying them in droves. Morons like him will take anything that Apple makes a the best thing ever made.

Because Messany is an idiot, and it's a great way to generate site hits. His and other lame posts by the so called writers here are approaching the lameness of sites like TUAW at a rapid pace. This is a stupid post and 90% of the garbage he writes is quoted from other news outlets.
    if his posts are so lame why waste your time reading it and actually posting something about it? Seems like you are more of an idiot for doing so.
    Last edited by hollow0; 02-18-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Sony are experts in that department. They copy everything that's successful.
    no no no sony makes things and tries to get everyone to follow, once it fails they then adapt to the norm

ie: betamax, mini disc, memory stick duo, bluray

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gotjpeg View Post
    no no no sony makes things and tries to get everyone to follow, once it fails they then adapt to the norm

ie: betamax, mini disc, memory stick duo, bluray
    Because it didn't beat HD-DVD as the dominant HD format.

Zune?? Cool? Now THERE'S an oxymoron!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    It sucks because it is not an iPhone. Even though the iPhone is capable of doing so much more, but can't. /sarcasm
    Says the person with an iPhone....

Guarantee this phone's touch screen is not as responsive and accurate as the iPhone, just like texting on Android. If it does I'll be surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    iPhone the little sister? Nah i think not since the iPhone GUI was the first, and then came the other siblings trying to imitate what was already given to us. Your analogy is incorrect.

if his posts are so lame why waste your time reading it and actually posting something about it? Seems like you are more of an idiot for doing so.
    Agreed! He owns an Apple product, spends time reading and posting on an Apple Forum, and then just likes to bash on Apple. Seems like a lot of time thinking about a company you don't like....nothing better to do in your life?
    Last edited by steve-z17; 02-18-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

lol what makes you people think that the iPhone was the first multi touch screen smart phone, there has been quite a few of phones way before the iPhone, if anything i'd say that the iPhone is more of a knock off of the other companies that had this first. but still i like the iPhone and don't have any complaints about it.
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

If AT&T gets this, i'm all over it ........
    Follow me on Twitter ... http://www.twitter.com/iTooCrzy

Smack That Thanks Button .........

Quote Originally Posted by 24trepid View Post
    If AT&T gets this, i'm all over it ........
    I'd say theres a chance. lol

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 clears for landing at AT&T

oh GEEZ here we go. now they finally come out [4 years late in the game] with an "iPHone killer". WHATEVER.
    Last edited by rhekt; 02-19-2010 at 01:43 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

But it looks nothing like an iPhone though...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast