+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SlingPlayer Now Officially Enabled on 3G!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sfrawley iTunes listing (way down) says it won't work with original models, so don't upgrade if you have one!!! SlingBox AV won't work with this version. hrmmm.....my
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfrawley View Post
    iTunes listing (way down) says it won't work with original models, so don't upgrade if you have one!!!

SlingBox AV won't work with this version.
    hrmmm.....my first generation slingbox works just fine On the previous player version I got a message saying it MIGHT NOT work..but it did.

I think the audio quality sounds better now.
    Last edited by SchmilK; 02-17-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks

Thumbs down AT&T is a dying breed
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    It seems to me like it has a mechanism to adjust quality based on bandwidth, which really reduces cut-outs (of course, I use EDGE so you rich AT&T folk probably will be getting yours crystal clear =])
    I am with AT&T and have been using EDGE for the last 2-3 weeks because the 3G has gone to crap...If AT&T doesnt do something very drastic and very soon I am definately going to have to pay the $400 to get out of my family plan contract and go with something else because it is just unlivable at this point..

Thanks

I have a question, does slingbox stream straight to your phone or does it run through their servers first for the conversion and then to you phone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I have a question, does slingbox stream straight to your phone or does it run through their servers first for the conversion and then to you phone?
    I know for sure that if you use your Sling account login, it goes through their servers first. It probably does no matter what you do, but it doesn't really matter to tell you the truth. Quality is the same to me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

People who is interested in Slingbox, it is ok on the phone since the resolution is not that high + screen small so everything looks decent.
    But if you are going to stream onto a computer/notebook and want good picture, do not get this unless you have at least 3Mb/s upload on your home internet service (or where ever you put this). With the 300~700kb/s upload speed your picture looks bad with sound cut in and out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good to know. I'll be sure to keep it with the 3G unrestrictor.

Thanks

The ******* app is 29.99

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's always been that price. When I had my Treo750 I want to say it was $35 for the mobile software. Once you pay for it thought I believe all updates are free so it's not a bad deal. I use it once in a blue moon but it's nice to have. I'm running it on a old Slingbox AV model and 3G Unrestrictor, I did not bother to update as everything is working fine now and didn't want to risk it getting jacked up and not work with my older model.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    I know for sure that if you use your Sling account login, it goes through their servers first. It probably does no matter what you do, but it doesn't really matter to tell you the truth. Quality is the same to me.
    The only thing the login does is store your slingbox id and your home ip address on their server so you don't have to remember your home ip address. All of the video conversion happens on the slingbox itself.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12