+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Giving iPhone Hackers The Boot from iTunes?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by bengo Dude, you have no idea what context the word "hacker" is being mentioned in. He is a iPhone code hacker. He finds exploits in iPhone code
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Dude, you have no idea what context the word "hacker" is being mentioned in.

He is a iPhone code hacker. He finds exploits in iPhone code to create jailbreaks and unlocks.

He doesn't "crack" into itunes.com or itunes store or other anything like that.

Get a clue.
    lol Exactly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If this is about cracking iTune apps that's one thing, and those that do crack the apps probably deserve to get banned. But if this is about simple jail-breaking, then Apple is going to screw themselves right out of the cell phone business!

It seems like every day that goes by, they create more and more reasons for iPhone customers to switch to other phones ------> DROID!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    If this is about cracking iTune apps that's one thing, and those that do crack the apps probably deserve to get banned. But if this is about simple jail-breaking, then Apple is going to screw themselves right out of the cell phone business!
    This is neither.
    He found an exploit in the BB which will hopefully make an unlock possible. Not a jailbreak or crack in site (although you do, of course, need to be Jailbroken to use a software unlock).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

As confucious said, there is no excuse for piracy. Anyone trying to justify stealing apps is just rationalizing their actions.

If Sherif was truly banned for his hacking activities, this would be one more move by Apple proving yet again they are OCF (obsessive control freaks).

Most software/hardware developers accept that a certain percentage of the user community will hack their gear. What Apple fails to see is the benefits in innovation that come from hacking. All they see is a revenue threat and are unable to distinguish hackers from pirates.

Come'on Apple! Pull your thong out of your *** and lighten up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friend and I already got banned, he got banned a day after jailbreaking

Thanks

I buy all my apps accept Tom-tom and because overpriced. if apple blocks my account than I will not be able to buy, I will download and install the free copy ones. nothing will happen to apple but those small developers will be the ones who are fuked

Thanks

^yeah, right.
    Lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Guys

I just want to add that I am tired of this Apple jailbreaking game. The iPhone is a great device but really Apple is being way too control freakish about it.

My smartphone is a business / life critical tool and therefore I want the best from it.

Its a shame that Apple cannot be adult about letting iPhone owners decide whether they want to stick with the "highest quality" tested and compatible Itunes apps and OS or be more risky and use "jailbreak" apps.

For me Android as a user interface has moved on tremendously and I am now just waiting for Pocket Informant to be released for Android before I purchase a HTC Desire and move.

My music will easily move with me as I have stopped buying music and now just rent it from Spotify which is great. Other apps that I use daily are also available on Android now so the move should cause minimal pain and disruption.

I don't say this move is forever as I have migrated from Palm, to Windows Mobile, to Apple but I hope someone from Apple is watching and listening when I state that the early adopters are moving on and with them will go market share and lead.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks for reading.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used to do that tooo, I even bought a 7 dollar map for codwaw zombies and I'm still very mad I could never download it, I use cracked apps now unless the apps are free or on special

Thanks

If this happened to me I would be pissed and I am sure they would have a lawsuit on their hands. I paid for the Apps and they ban my account so I cannot update then without buying them again on another account which they will eventually ban again.

What kind of right do they have to ban someone that has nothing to do with the App Store. Plus there is no law denying the legality of jailbreaking so what is the point.

Thanks

Wow, that's stupid. It didn't happen to me yet. This reminds me of when the RIAA were trying to arrest people and making them pay huge fines for illegally downloading music. The difference is that jailbreaking is legal. Apple doesn't have a case with this. They can't catch everyone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Ouch!

I though the US Federal Government declared Jailbreaking and Unlocking Legal!

Wow I can see lawsuits.

And the DOJ just got another bullet in their gun.

Just curious from or friends from Europe is Jailbreaking illegal or legal over there?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Ouch!

Just curious from or friends from Europe is Jailbreaking illegal or legal over there?
    Its a very grey area in the UK, what they don't see they don't care about

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rickuk For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-21-2010)

Thanks

this is an old thread. lol

Twitter: @tshoults

16. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-22-2010)

Thanks

It is a very old thread. Apple do not ban people for JailBreaking.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It is a very old thread. Apple do not ban people for JailBreaking.
    ... mainly because of the huge PR risk.

It's a racing certainty that many, very high profile owners are JB'n.
    Apple would look like despotic tyrants if they started banning civilian users from iTunes - even more so since JB'ing was declared US-legal.
    They say there's no such thing as bad publicity - but that's not true for monopolistic, global brands. And this kind of massively negative publicity would result in the gifting of a not-insubstantial market-share to Android and RIM.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456