Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Beats Nexus One in 3D Frame Rate Test

This is a stock nexus. I do not know one person that is still using the thing out of the box. Un-restrict that thing with a custom kernel, which there are several out there, and the nexus one smokes the iPhone in every way..

Other than the apps that are currently available in the Android market. Nexus deffinitly has the upper hand. I own both phones and i am much more pleased with the freedom and speed of my nexus one.

-B

What's Jailbreak? SouthernCountry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H0CKEY View Post
    i'll bite my tongue on this review

since i own both phones

"mumbles...... nexus beats my iphone3gs is alot of other areas"
    yep bout to have my Nexus real soon...3GS is locked right now...smh

children, childen, children calm down. it's ok to disagree.Let's keep this on a professional level.
    This is the age old chevy vs. ford thing.

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    children, childen, children calm down. it's ok to disagree.Let's keep this on a professional level.
    This is the age old chevy vs. ford thing.
    No, this one is simple mathematics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    Here, this is for the apple fan tards... DO YOU SEE HOW THE NEXUS ONE HAS TWICE AS MANY PIXELS TO RENDER?

Whoa, that thing is huge

" Apple fan tards" ? Troll much?

iPhone 1, Nexus one 0!

First thing I have to say, lottsa fanboy talk from the iphreaks nexus geeks.

First off, the test really isn't comparable, because of scaling issues. Doesn't say which scaling method they used. The frams were obviously still scaled up to use the entire screen, going by the screenshots on that site. Was the scaling properly hardware accelerated? probably not. Even if so, there is still some over head. If software scaled, the performace is about equal. If hardware scaled, then the Iphone clearly has an advantage.

However, (and this is coming from a moto droid owner and iphone user) - there is no doubt apple put much more time into refining their OS before release.

Each phone has their strengths and weaknesses. Youtube is nearly unwatchable on the iphone compared to the droid in side by side tests, the same holds true for nexus. The same holds true for mp4 encodes. There isn't a comparison to be had.

When it comes to gaming, the android phones don't hold a candle to the iphone.

It all depends on what you use your phones for. If you do nothing but game on the iphone, then it would be clearly superior.

When it comes to productivity, custom kernels, hacking, etc, I find my droid much more productive than the iphone. The iphone is so locked down with its tethered jail brakes, battery replacement, memory card access, etc, that its a royal pain in the *** for certain things. Its been so much easier, hell, android market even hosts an app to effortlessly root and install custom kernels without ever touching a pc, and then an app to oc the processor.

The fundamental business practices are what got me to switch. Do I miss the iphone OS polish? Sure, its a goreous OS. But the amount of work to actually hack the damn thing to a usable state is stupid. Then the whole battery, memory access, and tethered jail break is retarded imho.

It really is preference, and the strengths (for me, everyone is different) of the android phones far out weigh the iphone. The fanboyism is utterly rediculous tho. Even been somewhere without computer or power access for a long period? Like camping, emergency trips without your laptop, etc? You will find the locks the iphone are extremely limiting. I can go a long time without power just by carrying a second battery, something I cannot do with the iphone. How is video recording on the iphone? I know my droid records at dvd quality and is incredible. But I can't do these things with either phone without killing the battery. And I simply don't want the hassles of a locked down phone. Pop in a fresh battery, and I can get another few days out of it.

It really is preference. If I was a gamer, I would undoubtedly choose the iphone. But since I only fire up the occasional SNES or arcade roms, the android platform is the way to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123