+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Beats Nexus One in 3D Frame Rate Test

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I saw the Wave on Samsung's website. The spec is very impressive. I hope Apple will response with a new iPhone.
    Thanks

I saw the Wave on Samsung's website. The spec is very impressive. I hope Apple will response with a new iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default not sure about the 138% faster terminology
    Don't get me wrong, there is no doubt the iphone is better.
    I think the "138% faster" is misleading terminology.
    it should either read 138% as fast OR 38% faster.
    Faster implies that much beyond one unit (1X or 100%).
    It's really 8fps faster so 8/21 = 38%
    If iphone was 100% faster it would be twice the fps of the the compared model.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The nexus is freaking sweet. As previously mentioned, it will catch up to the iPhone eventually, and be just as, or even more, awesome than the iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Isn't it running in the Nexus's native resolution? Because if it is.. It's got more pixels to push.. So it'd work out prolly around the same..

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Just like every other "so called" iPhone killer, the Nexus1 will struggle to catch up to speed. And as soon as they catch up.... Apple hits the nitrous (iPhone 4) and blows right back ahead! AGAIN!!! I love my JB iPhone. Funny how they never compare these phones to the real beasts that are untamed/jailbroken 

Thanks

lmao. you guys are dumb.

the Nexus One runs at a significantly higher screen resolution than the iPhone.

Apple iPhone: 480 x 320 @ 3.5" display
    Nexus One: 800 x 480 @ 3.7" display

that's ~230,400 more pixels!!!!!

Of course it's going to be slower in a direct comparison! The iPhone has less work to do.

thinking: it's actually for you too.

I find it hard to believe that we almost got 30 posts without anyone showing any critical thinking skills.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 02-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the nexus one has a coding issue..to break it down for the dumb asses...we will say its like accelerating in a car. THE idea is go from 0-60 as fast as you can. The iphone carrys a wieght of 100 pound (pounds being the amount of pixels it has to display) AND has the ability to put the petal to the floor and fly to 60...the nexus has to carry 187 pounds (it has more pixes to carry) and can only push the pedal to a certain degree vs to the floor. The nexus having to deal with the weight and the pedal problems appears slower ALTHOUGH if you removed the pedal issue (fixed the coding) it would probably come out on top

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing this info! iphone is the best...

Green Apple
    Thanks

also yeah..basicaly the iphone is probably goin to be the best thing going until the end of 2010 beggining of 2011

Thanks

SUCKER. iPhone ROCK!!!!!

Thanks

When it all comes down to numbers.... Dollars that is. Apple/iPhone will win. Hands down. Samsung/wave will lose. Face down ***** up.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LOL, one big article, total ******** bias crap...

They should optimize their code on the nexus one better. There are plenty of games that look better then that on android and run smooth
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 02-15-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Already been stated if you were smart enough to read.
    and yet somehow, between that post and mine, more idiots failed to get it. so it seems it needed to be restated, and with actual numbers (you know, those weird digits that people utilize to win arguments). if you had read the posts after that, you would have figured it out.

right?

don't be mad because you bought the kool-aid (yea, I saw you in post #20, still totally clueless) then realized how stupid this thread is along with the collective ignorance herein and now feel personally attacked when someone points out how n00bish people are for falling for this or not seeing it from the very beginning (you).

it's like comparing some video game at maxed settings running on a computer running at 1600x900 and finding its framerate is superior to the computer next to it...without mentioning the other computer is running the game at 1920x1080 native thanks to a far superior screen. it's the most simple-minded deception in this comparison: leading the dumb to assume that because the phones are the same shape and similar size, all other things must be equal.

the novices will continue to be convinced, and people like you will continue to be unable to point out the obvious reasons why. put some Centrum vitamins in your supper tonight. it should help your critical thinking in at least the short term.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 02-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

H0CKEY (02-15-2010)

Thanks

Failed to get what??? More megapixels? Hahahaha If that's the boat you're riding on, you're gonna need some extra life jackets pal. Do you own or ever owned a samsung phone? I'd have to say it was the worst mistake of my life! They might have beefed it up, but I'm not falling fir their crap EVER again!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlvincent View Post
    Failed to get what??? More megapixels? Hahahaha If that's the boat you're riding on, you're gonna need some extra life jackets pal. Do you own or ever owned a samsung phone? I'd have to say it was the worst mistake of my life! They might have beefed it up, but I'm not falling fir their crap EVER again!
    ?

isn't this about the iPhone and the Nexus One?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

H0CKEY (02-15-2010)

Thanks

That's my fault! I was just watching a video about the wave. I would love to have something better than an iPhone. But the Nexus1, nor the Samsung wave (which are trying to contend) will suffice. Especially cuz of megapixels. My bad for the mixture ;P

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Nexus one is obviously more equipped for videos than gaming as you could already tell with the frame rate comparison, games look smoother at 60 fps but videos only need less than 30 fps, nexus one still has the higher resolution.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    and yet somehow, between that post and mine, more idiots failed to get it. so it seems it needed to be restated, and with actual numbers (you know, those weird digits that people utilize to win arguments). if you had read the posts after that, you would have figured it out.

right?

don't be mad because you bought the kool-aid (yea, I saw you in post #20, still totally clueless) then realized how stupid this thread is along with the collective ignorance herein and now feel personally attacked when someone points out how n00bish people are for falling for this or not seeing it from the very beginning (you).

it's like comparing some video game at maxed settings running on a computer running at 1600x900 and finding its framerate is superior to the computer next to it...without mentioning the other computer is running the game at 1920x1080 native thanks to a far superior screen. it's the most simple-minded deception in this comparison: leading the dumb to assume that because the phones are the same shape and similar size, all other things must be equal.

the novices will continue to be convinced, and people like you will continue to be unable to point out the obvious reasons why. put some Centrum vitamins in your supper tonight. it should help your critical thinking in at least the short term.
    Quoted for truth!

Where is EgoHot? Still no untethered jailbreak, no 3.1.3, no unlock for 5.12... and he sits there and says it easy this and easy that.. yet, here we are, nothing from him for 3.1.3...

FAIL.

He is starting to sound like Chronic Dev Team - a least he doesn't steal money.
    Last edited by iPhone3G[S]; 02-15-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks

Supper? I's having me a sammich fer supper y'all

Thanks

Let's not hate on Adrianna so much now guys... Look at that great set of lips! Now THOSE could actually satisfy me more than the Nexus1 & iPhone combined!!!