+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Intros "Life Changing" Wave to Rival iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
this phone has a frickin 1ghz of awesomness 8 mp camera dual speakers a BUILT-IN-PROJECTER a super amoled screen best part of all, it does drop calls like the ishit
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this phone has a
    frickin 1ghz of awesomness
    8 mp camera
    dual speakers
    a BUILT-IN-PROJECTER
    a super amoled screen

best part of all, it does drop calls like the ishit does

Thanks

ha ha, im all for checking out the next new tech b4 writing it off thats y i brought n900...but in samsungs case ill just write this off! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Ya what happened to all of them iPhone killers
    G1
    droid
    nexus one
    palm pre
    Now nobody even talks about them
    True. You don't hear crap about any of those phones. Yeah, iPhone killers.

Thanks

Sam-who???

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

We need a strong newcomer to make Apple skip a few builds(which you know they already have lined up) and stop spoon feeding us a new feature here or there. Bring out the beast dangit!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lets face it, no doubt that the iphone is always an iphone. i've tried so many touch screen phones like samsung Omania, LG's,sonyericsson, etc, in terms of precision and operating system there's not even one near like the iphone... But let'talk about also apple's dumbness... on a stock iphone yes we know that there's no multitasking, no flash, etc... but people even at the most simple things they disapoint, you can't change you're homescreen background, always the same dam grey menus and keyboard, no customization at all, heck we cant even add ower own suptid diferent sms tones(Thank god for jailbreak)... on all those other phones that i mentioned you can do those things easy... not to mention we have to charge ower iphones every single day...
    Even video taping, less then a while ago if you wanted to video tape with the iphone you had to jailbreak the phone and get cycorder... it's so stupid, if the iphone has the hardware and processing to video tape why the hell dont the put it working??? it's like mms... we had to wait till 3.0 came out cause we all know we had to use swirlymms if we wanted to send a dam picture...

i like apple's products no doubt that the build nice products,but i hate the tacts that the use... they dont update features that older produts can have, there's so many new tecnologies like OLED screens, 8 megapixel cameras on mobile phones... and they anounce iphone 3gS with a donkey asss 3 megapixel camera??? oh please... it's faster, a 1 megapixel camera improvement, and a compass...oh wait it has voice control lol... get real... its always the same thing with apple, they make something that catches on then they just get dummer and dummer by the year....
    Last edited by Curandeiro; 02-15-2010 at 08:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

everyone always claims to be an iphone killer why dont they just focus on being a good phone in general. every phone that was supposed to be an iphone killer came an went with no luck.

Thanks
    It's called marketing. The iPhone will always get better at a snails pace regardless of what other companies do or apply to their new products. Every update and every new iPhone will only have a small upgrade. Its not an answer to their competition it's a calculated marketing plan to deliver moderate enhancements over time in order to maximize sales. If Apple gave you the whole damn candy store, why would you come back for more candy!? So just get used to the fact that the iPhone will only get better over time and you are going to have to shell out several hundred dollars every year to enjoy their latest products.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to odoggy75 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-15-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

It's got more speed than 3gs.

I don't know if Wave can change my life, because i can't swim. LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's nice to see that some people (k.nitsua) actually have intelligent things to say and not just "IPHONE IS THE BEST". Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Curandeiro View Post
    lets face it, no doubt that the iphone is always an iphone. i've tried so many touch screen phones like samsung Omania, LG's,sonyericsson, etc, in terms of precision and operating system there's not even one near like the iphone... But let'talk about also apple's dumbness... on a stock iphone yes we know that there's no multitasking, no flash, etc... but people even at the most simple things they disapoint, you can't change you're homescreen background, always the same dam grey menus and keyboard, no customization at all, heck we cant even add ower own suptid diferent sms tones(Thank god for jailbreak)... on all those other phones that i mentioned you can do those things easy... not to mention we have to charge ower iphones every single day...
    Even video taping, less then a while ago if you wanted to video tape with the iphone you had to jailbreak the phone and get cycorder... it's so stupid, if the iphone has the hardware and processing to video tape why the hell dont the put it working??? it's like mms... we had to wait till 3.0 came out cause we all know we had to use swirlymms if we wanted to send a dam picture...

i like apple's products no doubt that the build nice products,but i hate the tacts that the use... they dont update features that older produts can have, there's so many new tecnologies like OLED screens, 8 megapixel cameras on mobile phones... and they anounce iphone 3gS with a donkey asss 3 megapixel camera??? oh please... it's faster, a 1 megapixel camera improvement, and a compass...oh wait it has voice control lol... get real... its always the same thing with apple, they make something that catches on then they just get dummer and dummer by the year....
    I completely agree with that, and am getting increasingly frustrated with iPhone's unwillingness to reveal what it has planned, or even implement it! I work for a large mobile provider in Canada(Fido), and they are the same way with us. Before the iPhone launches, we had absolutely no information about pretty much anything until the actual day of the launch.
    I can understand how Apple wants to keep some tricks up their sleeves, to ensure their financial future but at what cost? They are leaving everyone hanging with huge dreams of 8mpix cameras, the a4 chip, OLED screens, etc...If they actually did all that, there wouldn't even be stories of "iphone killers". The bad part would be that lazy Apple would then have to work twice as hard to come up with new improvements that wouldn't be lined up months or even years in advance!! Welcome to capitalism I guess.

Here's to crossing our fingers Apple with go nutz with the 4G!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry but I'd like to debunk a few of K.nitsua's 98% false statements.

+Okay I agree AMOLED is nice, but you gotta have something to back up that beauty of a display
    +As far as it being 'thinner and lighter'that means nothing to the end user who purchases the phone, unless you build it from scratch. Its not like you know how 'fat' your iphone screen is? that gives it no upper-hand
    +"Brand new OS that borrows elements from both the iPhone and Android OS's" concept is nothing unless you can implement it, check my link at the bottom and see how this 'amazing' OS stacks up
    +5mp or not its not a game changer, for years the iphone has had better looking camera shots with a relatively low MP camera. Its all in the software.
    +When has JUST widgets make you change your phone choice? I'm gonna say about never
    +Just because it has the Snapdragon in it does NOT mean it will instantly be faster, its all about how the software utilizes it. For example I used to own a 3gs but instead decided to get a Nexus One, even though the nexus one has THE SAME processor as this Samsung it still seems laggy compared to my old 3gs which has a processor that clocks considerably lower than the Samsung or Nexus One
    +"A faster reactive screen to the lightest touch(again, thanks to its processor)" I apologize but I'm calling BS on that, complete fabrication.
    +You can't overlook the apps, they may have joined the iphone game late but god-damn are they what set it apart.

And again PURE NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING! the 3Gs clocks at 600MHz but surprisingly it stomps many other power house phones because apple knew what they were doing. The iPad has its own advantage because the A4 Chip was made for that device, the snapdragon platform is meant for more general of a purpose so it cant really be configured to the EXACT needs of this phone.

To prove the Samsung is NO threat check this link out of its 'awesome UI'.... Samsung Wave Seems Like a Very Bad Joke - bada OS - Gizmodo.

Its not like your hearing this from an apple fanboy, I use a PC and sold my iPhone for the Nexus One, I just hate reading ignoRANT posts.

S
    Last edited by bazookafx3; 02-15-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

it's amazing how everyone here is so close-minded. Do you really think that the iPhone is invinsible? It's pride. The competition has already beat it. Take out the jailbreak and number of apps and it's worthless compared to the others. Everyone just defends it because it's everyones favorite and it was here first. It's pride. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhone and always will, but it's not first or the best there is anymore. And you can sit there and say it best by picking at the few teeny fetures it has like signing in to youtube, but that doesn't prove anything. The others already have 95% of the iPhone's features. I do love my iPhone, and mean no harm. And I certainly don't think this phone posted on the front page is anything good in comparison (in just a side note).
    Last edited by ty22; 02-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks

ok here's what i think everyone here is trying to say, but gets to emotional and starts cying to finish.

right now, the iphone is the best, but there is room to get better, there always is.

this is an OS 1.0, so it won't best iphones 4 year old platform, but things could change in many different ways in the next few years.

there, that's it

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple's first iPhone was amazing compared to anything else on the market which is why it has claimed so much market share for smart phones in such a small period of time. Since then... like they do for every product their business model is "give the customer just enough to make them buy it again next year"... and until there's another phone that starts to steal or slow down their market share they have absolutely no motivation to do massive upgrades. It pains me to have to explain this business concept over and over again. Apple is a public traded company that has to answer to it's stock holders. Stock holders want nothing more than profit or they wouldn't have invested. If Apple debuted the iPhone with all the features of the iPhone 4G... what do you think would happen?! People would keep their phone for several years and not upgrade which is NOT Apple's business model. Their stock prices would then drop b/c they wouldn't hit their projected earnings and investors would pull out and the company would become weaker. Y'all can't be so narrow minded not to be able to accept this is how they work and have done business for years and years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (02-15-2010), odoggy75 (02-15-2010)

Thanks

Im sticking with my iphone
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

One phone that will kill the iPhone is FIRST ELSE coming out really soon. Now that is a phone. RIP, iPhone.

Thanks

I dont think anything will kill the iphone
    Last edited by henners123; 02-15-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odoggy75 View Post
    It's called marketing. The iPhone will always get better at a snails pace regardless of what other companies do or apply to their new products. Every update and every new iPhone will only have a small upgrade. Its not an answer to their competition it's a calculated marketing plan to deliver moderate enhancements over time in order to maximize sales. If Apple gave you the whole damn candy store, why would you come back for more candy!? So just get used to the fact that the iPhone will only get better over time and you are going to have to shell out several hundred dollars every year to enjoy their latest products.
    Totally agreed and apple will never change their ways because no matter how slow they put old simple features ( it took 3rd generation iphone to have voice control,video recording, like WTF). apple fanboy will always buy their product and will come on to site like this and defend their phone.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to goodgod2 For This Useful Post:

odoggy75 (02-15-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Gonna stick with an iphone or nexus.
    new Windows 7 phone OS looks like the new winner. certainly makes the Android OS look ancient.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Didn't I say the iPhone is stil a winner in my post?
    #eli7e revived me