Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Insurance for your iPhone

Household contents cover is better in the UK - don't know about the USA.
    Bank insurance didn't cover 'PDA type Smartphones' and their PDA insurance didn't cover smartphones - go figure.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

There are numerous companies that offer to insure the iPhone, this isnt anything new. Our company also offers insurance that covers everything....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I pay 35 a year with state farm with no deductible and it even covers my leather case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    as for taking a hammer to it, and having it fall in the toilet, who shits with their iphone in their backpocket?
    Kinda funny my friend had his in one of those hip cases, went to pull his pants up and hit the case and it fell in the toilet. Dried it out and it still works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Does mobileme work with an iTunes account or does it map to a specific phone? I have always wondered if someone intelligent stole a phone and turned it off until they reflashed it, would they still be able ot map its movement on the MobileMe page or is it gone?
    If they pull the sim out or turn off the phone It does nothing. Mobileme is also $99 a year, there is a jailbreak app called cylay that allows you to track your iphone remotely, wipe it remotely, lock it remotely, and sends you a text to another phone alerting you if they swap the sim. Has a free trial, and $19.99 a year after that. Your screwed if they restore it tho.
    Last edited by clikzip; 02-14-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

If you break your phone and take it into Apple, they will replace it for you for contract price as well(no resigning the contract, just pay what you did for the phone when you signed the contract).
    I broke my screen accidentally and Apple won't replace it for the contract price, and a friend of mine has all kinds of problems with hers because of wear and tear on it and they won't replace it either. Both require a new contract to be signed or pay full price. Where did you get that info?

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I broke my screen accidentally and Apple won't replace it for the contract price, and a friend of mine has all kinds of problems with hers because of wear and tear on it and they won't replace it either. Both require a new contract to be signed or pay full price. Where did you get that info?
    It is called an Out-Of-Warranty Replacement or OOW Replacement. Price is $199

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-02-14-9.59.30-pm.png  
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-14-2010 at 09:00 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    It is called an Out-Of-Warranty Replacement or OOW Replacement. Price is $199

Hmmmm. Thanks for the info but they didn't offer either of us that option. Must have been asking the wrong questions. Though my friends 3G is coming apart at the seams so maybe that's why they didn't offer her that, and my screen is shattered and they offered to fix it for $200. Next time I'm at an Apple store I'll ask for this specifically and see what they say. Gotta his that it's jailbroken though!

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    I pay 35 a year with state farm with no deductible and it even covers my leather case.

Same here. I pay $50 a year with state farm. No deductible. Covers accidental, theft, and anything imaginable.

incase power slider
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    My wife and I have our iphones and laptop thru state farm also. Covers EVERYTHING. We asked because we have a 3 year old and a 1-1/2 year old at home. It's a separate policy and does not influence our existing home-owners if we use it.

Thanks

That's not bad, cause Apple care is around 70 for two years. These insurance would give me more options. I will keep this in mind for my next iPhone.

I just bought this insurance for my iphone 16 gb 3gs. They were really helpful and answered all of my questions. They even cover your iphone if you buy it off of ebay, craigslist etc. I signed up for that WorthTrak also where they can track your iphone. When I spoke to them they told me they do cover everything and the claims process is really easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12