+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: txtAgif - Send Animated Photos Via MMS on your iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I've received an animated image before and it played fine in the SMS screen, just not full size in the camera roll. This was months ago too as well
    Thanks

I've received an animated image before and it played fine in the SMS screen, just not full size in the camera roll.

This was months ago too as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This will be a great feature for all the iphone users. Animated images sending will be more fun and more enjoyable. Let me know where to get this application.
    Last edited by ronblade; 02-12-2010 at 05:42 AM.
    mod/edit links removed

Thanks

Splendid!!

Thanks

I could swear I've received some bouncing boobs or something at one point in time...the problem is the audio comes across as a second clip and doesn't play together.

Does this app just format the gif's to be iphone friendly?
    Will they work if sent to other types of phones?

Guess I could check it out for myself since it's free, but anyone already checked it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There was a safe search feature but now it disappeared .. What happened?!? There was xxx gifs at first but now there gone !!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    boo! i thought it was an app where you could receive animated MMS in a larger size. MMS on iPhone isn't perfect yet. It needs like a built-in media player for MMS messages so you can here audio and see the clips. Oh well...
    +1

WOW! None of you have figured out you can already send animated MMS? It's called copy and paste, people. Find an image you want in Safari, copy it, paste it in the text field, and send. TADA!

You can't use animated images from the camera roll, because animated images cannot exist in the camera roll. They automatically become still once they're added. For this reason, storing gifs on the iPhone is pointless.

Apple really does need to fix the MMS and camera roll issue, though. We should be able to see animations in the camera roll and not just safari, as well as full screen in the messages app, and audio should play at the same time we see an image.

Also, video MMS quality seriously needs improvement. Why can I send a great quality video over email, but not MMS? Makes no sense.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

vampr (02-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Also, video MMS quality seriously needs improvement. Why can I send a great quality video over email, but not MMS? Makes no sense.
    Partly because MMS itself is a very loose standard, and most phones treat it differently. The server usually does a lot of the work in-between to ensure that the content created by the sender can be opened by the receiver's phone, and you have to consider the wide range of capabilities that every "MMS-capable" phone can handle.

See [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_Messaging_Service]Multimedia Messaging Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] for a better explanation.

Thanks

You can go to there website and upload your own fir everyone to use makin a few now to upload good app

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    No! MINE!! iCalled it first.
    Correct CamelCase wins again!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12