+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looks Can Be Deceiving for 4th Gen iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Slimz While were at it, let's just carry around a 50 inch LCD in our pockets. Really, the screen is more then suffcient. I can think of
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    While were at it, let's just carry around a 50 inch LCD in our pockets. Really, the screen is more then suffcient. I can think of a lot more things I'd like before any increase in screen size.
    50 inch? Aren't you exaggerating a little?

... go with a modest 42

2. The Following User Says Thank You to f3nd3rmus1c For This Useful Post:

dale1v (02-10-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I still don't understand why people are so hung up on multitasking.

Apps have push, which, for me at least works pretty well. They also remember their state when they are closed and reopened.. so.. umm.. really the behavior is exactly the same as task switching to the end user..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I stream a lot of music or pandora while surfing the web. I also like to leave my irc client backgrounded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope we see a better camera and it would be cool if they bring out diffrent color options like the iPod

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dose Anyone Know The Release Date For The 4G ?

Thanks

No
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    While were at it, let's just carry around a 50 inch LCD in our pockets. Really, the screen is more then suffcient. I can think of a lot more things I'd like before any increase in screen size.
    There is enough unused space to make the screen wider without making the phone itself bigger. I hate watching youtube content and having to zoom to fill the screen.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks
    I usually jump on the newest and latest iphone on release day but I think I'm gonna hang back and see what reviews it gets and if the new iPhone has still got that issue where the signal changes from 3G to edge or to GPRS then I get get cut off it happens all the time and it is doing my nut in. I know its partly the crappy O2 coverage but if the iPhone could handle the signal changes and keep a good decent connection on the go while my signal goes from 3g to gprs to edge and so on. I mean sometimes my 3Gs will go from 3G straight to no service and i will stay like that forever if I didn't switch flight mode on and off, because when I toggle flight mode I get an instant 3G service again all the time, from 3G to no service to 3G again.
    I pray that this issue is addressed because i love this phone for many reasons but mainly the reasons are not directly phone related because to me this is a pretty bad phone and I've owned a 3G as well and in two years I have saw no improvement.
    As for the pictures in this news article, I think they can be genuine as I myself am not expecting a new design on the outside, I'd be surprised if it has changed at all as this probably keeps overall costs down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The little mirror by the speaker is the default T-pain app or maybe yet another flashlight app!

Thanks

If this picture is real, then I'm rather disappointed with the tiny screen size. The 4.3 screens by HTC is looking like a great temptation now. I think there is still too much bezel on it. This is not what I would call an A+ upgrade.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 02-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How about a fixing the phone in the Iphone? There are a lot of times my wife and I will have no signal, and people around us on AT&T, with cheap off the shelf phones chatting away. As much as some of these Apple fan boys like to blame AT&T, I know better. Love the Iphone and all the stuff it does, but how about fixing the PHONE part?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    How about a fixing the phone in the Iphone? There are a lot of times my wife and I will have no signal, and people around us on AT&T, with cheap off the shelf phones chatting away. As much as some of these Apple fan boys like to blame AT&T, I know better. Love the Iphone and all the stuff it does, but how about fixing the PHONE part?
    That is called a NETWORK issue. I really wont even get too involved in this one but At&t has accepted blame for all of these issues as well as O2. They simply cannot handle the smartphones and your cheap off the shelf phone, IS NOT A SMART PHONE!

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    There is enough unused space to make the screen wider without making the phone itself bigger. I hate watching youtube content and having to zoom to fill the screen.
    To make the screen larger would mean to make the entire phone larger. The space in not unused, you obviously have never been inside of an iPhone. The space is very much used with no wiggly room really anywhere ...

There is your dock connector assembly which houses your microphone, speaker, and antennas on the bottom of the phone. And what you dont see is the Home button and home button flex on the mid-chasis. On the top of the phone are your earpiece speaker, Camera, Headphone jack and Proximity sensors as well as ambient light sensors.

You may be interested in an iPad if you want a larger screen, just saying
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-10-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Don't be silly.

We want something like HTC Touch HD2 or HTC Supersonic (both 4.3 inch screen) so that we don't need iPad.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 02-11-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    That is called a NETWORK issue. I really wont even get too involved in this one but At&t has accepted blame for all of these issues as well as O2. They simply cannot handle the smartphones and your cheap off the shelf phone, IS NOT A SMART PHONE!:

To make the screen larger would mean to make the entire phone larger. The space in not unused, you obviously have never been inside of an iPhone. The space is very much used with no wiggly room really anywhere ...

There is your dock connector assembly which houses your microphone, speaker, and antennas on the bottom of the phone. And what you dont see is the Home button and home button flex on the mid-chasis. On the top of the phone are your earpiece speaker, Camera, Headphone jack and Proximity sensors as well as ambient light sensors.

Like I said, Fix the phone in Iphone. My son has a new HTC Tilt, with at&t. Just yesterday we was out riding our atvs, and my iphone had no signal, and his Tilt had two bars. I restarted my phone, did not help. We started comparing signal, and the Tilt(SMARTPHONE)recieved a signal were the Iphone did not And I agree, a bigger screen would be great.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't you guys get it? Apple can't make the screen larger because every single app is currently designed for a 320x480 screen. If you want a bigger screen, there's no way apple would complicate developer's lives even more by adding a THIRD screen resolution to program. Therefor, the only thing that apple could do is make the existing 320x480 screen bigger, lowering the dpi and making it look worse than it already does.

If you want YouTube bids on a bigger screen, go get a iPad.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234