+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looks Can Be Deceiving for 4th Gen iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Message to Apple ........ Please dont disappoint. Lets make some critical improvements this time and take back full control of the smart phone market .
    Thanks

Message to Apple ........ Please dont disappoint. Lets make some critical improvements this time and take back full control of the smart phone market .

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see how a unibody would work... there is going to have to be some big plastic area in the back somewhere for the phone to get signal and wifi. You cant put it under the glass on the front, because that would be shooting radiation strait to the brain, and that would really cause problems. Good luck getting that FCC approved. In a unibody laptop there is usually a grey plastic area on each side or the screen where they have their bluetooth, and wifi antenna's.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    and a better processor would be absolutely retarded without first figuring out how to power it.
    Not necessarily. A faster more power-efficient processor would actually get you better battery life.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (02-09-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thatskanyon View Post
    Here's what Apple will do with the 4G...... they would have to show me a phone that is wayy better than any phone out there in order for me to drop the cash for a 4g....
    That's funny.... that's the same thing I said about the 3Gs.... and I still got my 3G. I wonder how many lucky ones said that about 3G and kept their 2G? In my opinion, they were the smart ones! Those that didn't follow the heard off the Apple/AT&T cliff (for 3G nationwide service and "blazing" speed everywhere you go).

I'm tired of promises, I will probably look elsewhere if I am going to upgrade, both carrier and phone.

Thanks

I hope they DONT change the size of the new model, OR the dock connector and/or pinout. If they do, I wont be upgrading. No way i'm buying all new accessories again (clock radio, charging dock, SkyDock, FM mod, etc). Honestly, they only thing they could do to improve on the 3GS, is add WiMAX capability and a removable battery.
    As far as the assumed enhancements in 4.0, thanks to JB, my phone already does all that stuff!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Ahh. True. However, the 64gb will come with backwards-Chipmunk voice. Or is that for the 5G?
    You guys are hella stupid!

The mirror is there so that you can video chat... with yourself. =P
    #eli7e revived me

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Touch screen glued to the LCD ? Damm, I will have to charge my customers more to fix that. Already cost more for the 3gs because they changed the plugs to the logic board. Hope it's a fake story.
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 02-09-2010 at 12:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The Screen could be bigger and better. A little taller screen could mean more room for a better status bar, or an additional status bar at the bottom which shows which apps are running, and let you switch between apps with ease. The apps could run in a window the same size they are now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

N card for wifi would be great

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    They could put an aluminium back on the 3G/3GS - it would be fine if you didn't actually want a signal....
    I don't discredit this statement, but all I want to say is that the iPad is all aluminum (as far as I can tell), including the one with 3G built in.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

The 3G version is the one with a Black plastic strip at the top where the antennae is.

Last edited by confucious; 02-09-2010 at 01:58 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LOL, that's a knock off iphone replacement screen, duh...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    That little mirrored button above the speaker is obvious. You press it in when on the phone with someone and it makes them speak in Chipmunk.

How did you guys not guess that already?
    There SOOOOOOO oughta be an app for THAT !!! ... at $1 each you'd be rich !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    You guys are hella stupid!

The mirror is there so that you can video chat... with yourself. =P
    Yeah, cause there won't be a front-facing camera to use ... so ya video chat with anyone else ... lmao !!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone treble26's Avatar
    Thanks

i really hope apple doesnt keep the same design as the older models. im personally getting tired of that iphone look. i want a new look and feel for the 4th gen iphone. if they do keep the same design then they would just be doing what sony does with its PS3 controllers. i dont hate my PS3 but i also dont like it. my is catching dust. the PS3 controller needs a new design and so does the iphone. if apple made a new design for the iphone i think it would make a lot more people fall back in love with the iphone. and aslo fix some of those iphone OS bugs.

Thanks

Treble, you've gotta be crazy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

after looking at how awesome the aluminum unibody macbooks look i wish the new iphone would go back to the first gen look so it matches all the new macbook pros and also keep the current white one to match all the white macbooks or other products in apple products lol or maybe different colors like the ipods but who knows hopefully an aluminum unibody look like the ipad would be cool and as for the reflective surface... video chat camera?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

On the inside that counts...yep. The mirror? It'll be for seeing how mad you are at those pages that have flash content!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

lol this is all a bunch of bull. all we're gonna get is a faster processor, and multitasking. i'm predicting that is pretty much it. i mean, we'll get those 2 big things, and like 200 things that you won't really notice.

like the fact that the 3.0 update came with landscape stocks, and if you held 2 fingers on the chart, it would show you the change.

stuff that no one notices, or uses.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My solution for the aluminum unibody would be to make the apple logo bigger at the back and make it plastic with painted chrome. And put the antennas there. I want a redesign a front facing cam and a bigger screen. Developping for the 4G wouldn't be a problem on the AppStore there are many apps with 3gs specific versions. So I would detect automatically which phone you have. I want true 16x9 keep the size but make he screen a bit wider.

Thanks

While were at it, let's just carry around a 50 inch LCD in our pockets. Really, the screen is more then suffcient. I can think of a lot more things I'd like before any increase in screen size.