Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weekly Jailbreak Update : February 8th, 2010

Default Weekly Jailbreak Update : February 8th, 2010

In continuation of last weeks update, here's what's new this week. Besides all the chatter about the new iPhone OS 3.1.3., there have been some great new additions to the repos over the week.

What's New:

ActionMenu TinyURL - For those of you using ActionMenu, this is a great addition for shrinking those long URLS using TinyURL.

SprintBoard - This tweak allows you to quickly scroll through your pages. There was an app called SmoothBoard that did something like this, except there were not many options. SprintBoard is a more practical solution if your looking for a way to quickly scroll through pages.

iWipe Cache - This handy little app will automatically clear your SpringBoard Icon cache. What will that do? Some themes use masks and overlays to reshape or resize icons but are not applied due to caching. One tap of this app and your cache is removed and your iDevice will respring. Not sure why WinterBoard hasn't been updated to do this yet. Hopefully we'll see a new WinterBoard version soon

New Updates:

GV Mobile + v2.0.2
    +Potential issue with Favorites and Contacts (if you only had a Company filled in as a contact)
    +SMS messages getting cut off in the Reply view (if super long)
    +Editing the “Phone to ring” caused a crash
    +Added a refresh of the Google Settings after switching accounts
    +Rounded the icon
    +Clicking on the History tab would cause a crash

SpringVibe 1.3
    **1.3 Vibration Add-Ons**
    In-Call Control Pad
    In-Call Phone Pad
    In-Call End Button
    In-Call Hide Button

Firewall iP 1.39
    -Significantly improved speed
    -Reduced Memory Usage
    -Improved Stability
    -New Icon

Rock App
    -More Improved Filtering for New and Featured Apps
    Are you a developer? Would you like to see your app featured in our weekly jailbreak update? Contact us at [email protected]. Let us help you promote your new packages! Don't foget to submit your packages here. Did we miss something thats new? Let us know!
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-08-2010 at 03:28 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

hollow0 (02-08-2010), phantomgrave (02-08-2010), slik (02-08-2010), wim66 (02-08-2010)

Thanks for the information!!

Handy.

Yay, 3 apps that I have no interest in.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

*7 Posts deleted* This thread is about new and updated Cydia apps. If you want to talk about 3.1.3 and jailbreaking or anything else unrelated please to go another appropriate thread.

Just used the iWipe Cache app to fix some icons that were stuck from the iLlumine theme I was using earlier, thanks for posting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

on DELETE's : right, so much for freedom of speech. I thought it was the "weekly JB update" post. Being stuck and screwed on 3.1.3 is an update..
    Edit Poseidon: You are "free to speak" as long as it pertains to the topic being discussed in the thread. If you want to talk about something else... find a thread about it or start a new one. Not a difficult concept to grasp and is a specific forum rule that you agreed to when you signed up to post here whereby limiting your freedoms. ha.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-08-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

What does 'freedom of speech' have to do with posting in the wrong thread?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (02-08-2010)

Lol, i had a feeling this would fill up with 3.1.3 talk. lol. it seems inevitable in every topic these days.

thanks...iwipe cache was of gr8 help

iWIpe cache is yours isnt it great way to quickly clear cache[w/o SSH or ifile] if your changing to different icons alot like i do
    killall Terminal[]

Anyone here get SpringVibe to work? I have Vibrate enabled and SpringVibe enabled in settings. I get nothing. I do have Haptic Pro installed and disabled it in Mobile Substrate. The developer isn't offering any real help.