+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac OS X
    Be Smart. If you make a mistake, you may lose your unlocking ability, possibly forever. There are NO new features in 3.1.3. Chances are, if you update, you will loose unlock. There is NO Installation of Rock with PwnageTool . More than likely there will NOT be any further development on iPhone 3GS Jailbreaking for 3.1.3 until iPhone OS 4.0 or something of value is released. If you own a 3G or a 2G, you may use RedSn0w, however, there is no auto installation of Rock.

No matter what tool comes out right now for iPhone OS 3.1.3, 3GS users need to stay away regardless of wether you unlock unless you have your ďSHSH hashesĒ saved via Cydia.

This article is for informational purposes only! Share your thoughts and comments as usual.

If you use blacksn0w on baseband 05.11.07, you need to stay at 3.1.2.

As a pre-game SuperBowl gift, the Dev Team has released PwnageTool 3.1.5, *compatible with OS 3.1.3. Which again, like we've said many times, is a useless update. There is no need to update unless you absolutely have to. PwnageTool 3.1.5 will PRESERVE your jailbreak and ultrasn0w unlock. If you currently use the blacksn0w unlock on baseband 05.11.07, you NEED to stay at 3.1.2.

So what's the deal? How does PwnageTool work with 3.1.3?

If you've used PwnageTool before, this is nothing new. This tool will create a custom 3.1.3 IPSW Firmware bundle in which you can use on the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (early bootrom), iPod touch 1G, and iPod touch 2G (early bootrom). What is a bootrom you say? Well, if you don't know the answer to that is, chances are you need to learn more about jailbreaking before you attempt anything. Browse our forums as there are plenty of discussions about bootroms.

From the Dev Team:
    If you have an iPhone 3GS, PwnageTool works if youíre currently at version 3.1.2 or below (down to 3.0). You donít need to be already jailbroken ó PwnageTool will ask you if youíre jailbroken after youíve created the IPSW. Donít use PwnageTool on the iPhone 3GS if youíre at 3.1.3, it just wonít work. Downgrade to 3.1.2 using the methods described here. If you canít downgrade because you donít have your 3GS 3.1.2 hashes on file with Cydia, youíll need to sit out the 3.1.3 jailbreak.

We arenít revealing any new exploits to Apple with this jailbreak. Everything here has been used before, itís just a straightforward port of Pwnage2 and 24Kpwn to the new firmware. Itís possible the new firmware was released largely to flush out new exploits before the next big release. We wonít be biting.
    Ok so now that you've read that quote. Read it again. For your good and the good of what the Dev-Team brings to the community. Understand that this firmware, 3.1.3., is just a dancing game Apple wants us to do, and there will NOT be much more development on this firmware package. It's important that the community is able to reciprocate to the updates Apple does to prevent jailbreaking, and in order to do so, the developers and users must maintain some patience, for in the end it will only benefit us when a newer, more feature loaded update comes out from apple.

PwnageTool 3.1.5 Downloads (OS X):
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

Official 3.1.3 Firmware directly from Apple:
    Download iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 2G
    Download iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 3G
    Download iPhone 3.1.3 firmware for iPhone 3GS
    Download 3.1.3 firmware for iPod Touch 1G
    Download 3.1.3 firmware for iPod Touch 2G

Source: [DevTeam]

MMi MEMBER TIP from SouthernCountry:
    "I'm fairly new to the forum and the JB world. I followed the instructions to a T and my phone is successfully up and running again. However I did have 1 problem. It may have just been me but I believe a program installed with snow caused anything hardware that communicated outside the computer (USB, WIFI, LAN, etc) to stop working. It took a lot of troubleshooting and I found this program called libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1. It appears to have downloaded with snow but after I uninstalled it and restarted my computer everything begin to run normal again. Had me confused but I thought I would inform you guys just in case this happens to someone else."
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 02-07-2010 at 07:42 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

jackynguyen (02-07-2010), MetallicaFan1991 (02-12-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

That's good but doesn't it do the same thing as pwnage

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Lol, uh, this is pwnage. hehe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

lbababy (02-07-2010)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I need someone to come out with a work around. I had no choice but to update to 3.1.3. I had to buy a new iPhone because my 3GS was stolen last week. This sucks, not having the few JB features I had before really make a difference to me. Hopefully someone does it soon.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so even if your baseband is at 5.11.07 and your on 3.1.3 you can't install blackrain via the repo to get it unlocked?

Thanks

and why not for win 7 PwnageTool ??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Sry meant snowbreeze

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Saved - thanx cydia
    i have the 3GS and thought i was really screwed when iTunes did not let me install my 3.1.2 firmware after a small issue - had to go to 3.1.3 and my firmware was upgraded to 05.12.01 - 3 days of hell without my beloved jailbroken apps - then i found about the SSHS via cydia and i was able to downgrade to 3.1.2

i got my iphone 3GS in Saudi Arabia and so no problem about unlock (ya we get unlocked iphones coz the govt will kick butts)

so here i am back at 3.1.2 but still on 05.12.01

i followed this tutorial step by step and all is well

thanx guys !!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh. no man. thats the point. 3.1.3 has new modem firmware (05.12.01). Blacksn0w only unlocked 05.11.07. This is just a means to updating without touching your baseband.

Thanks

Because pwnage is, and always has been, Mac only.

Blog post at Dev-Team Blog - Pre-game show
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

lbababy (02-07-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am currently on 3.1.3 with 5.11 baseband iPhone 3GS. Can I use blacksn0w to unlock it if I use the pwnage tool? I tried it on sn0wbreeze but everytime I restart the device it always end up in apple logo. Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still on 3.1, but been wanting to update to 3.1.2 since I'm constantly dealing with coma mode. Worth the trouble going to 3.1.2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

But will blackrain work on 3.1.3 even with the old 5.11 baseband? Above it says you need to be on 3.1.2 for it to work?

Spaxx. Did you try istslling it via the cydia repo and not installing the blackrain app itself? I'm trying to figure out the answer also.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 02-07-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    But will blackrain work on 3.1.3 even with the old 5.11 baseband? Above it says you need to be on 3.1.2 for it to work?

Spaxx. Did you try istslling it via the cydia repo and not installing the blackrain app itself? I'm trying to figure out the answer also.
    I tried everything in sn0wbreeze. I manually put the blacksn0w via iphone browser, I install it via repo in cydia but it always end up in apple logo. Now, I just want to know if I will use this pwnage tool, can I unlock iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with 5.11 BB using blacksn0w? I hope someone can answer this. Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    I am currently on 3.1.3 with 5.11 baseband iPhone 3GS. Can I use blacksn0w to unlock it if I use the pwnage tool? I tried it on sn0wbreeze but everytime I restart the device it always end up in apple logo. Thanks
    Not a good idea - I would do a clean restore to 3.12 and use BlackSn0w
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggie216 View Post
    I'm still on 3.1, but been wanting to update to 3.1.2 since I'm constantly dealing with coma mode. Worth the trouble going to 3.1.2?
    3.12 is worth it and will cure your coma problem - but you might as well use pwnage and go to 3.13 if you're upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    BlackRa1n is not BB dependent. BlackSn0w is.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacDevil7334's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, none of this would be necessary if people didn't compulsively feel they HAVE to have the latest firmware.

It's one thing when the update brings some new feature, but I was amazed at how many people were like "ZOMG 3.1.3 was just released! I have to update NOWWWWWW! Will I be able to keep all my Cydia apz?" even though it was CLEARLY stated just about everywhere that 3.1.3 added no new features and was primarily designed to force the Dev Team to use another exploit to jailbreak the firmware. Well now the Dev Team has to clean up the mess to appease all the idiots who rushed to update. Come on guys, we've been playing this cat-and-mouse game with Apple for two and a half years running now. I can't believe there are still people who rush to update their jailbroken devices, even when they are explicitly warned not to do so, every time Apple releases a new firmware. Kudos to the Dev Team for refusing use a new exploit on this firmware though.

I just hope some other hacker doesn't give in to all the whining that is likely to follow this release from 3GS users who are now stuck on 3.1.3 and release a jailbreak using a new exploit. It would be a pity if we can't jailbreak 4.0 as a result!

Hopefully, those who rushed to upgrade and got stuck will learn something from this experience. Patience is the greatest virtue of any jailbreaker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey, can windows users that are already 3.1.2 jailbroken 3gs use custom fireware to upgrade?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4ST3R_OWNER View Post
    hey, can windows users that are already 3.1.2 jailbroken 3gs use custom fireware to upgrade?
    Not a good idea sir. Stay in 3.1.2

What happened to me is my iphone 3GS stuck in apple logo using 3.1.2 firmware. I restore it using 3.1.3 custom firmware to avoid updating the baseband. Is there a possible way to unlock it using blacksn0w without any problems?
    Last edited by spaxx; 02-07-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I want to keep as stock firmware as possible, can I upgrade my jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS to a stock 3.13 and then restore to a jailbroken 3.1.3 firmware?
    Or do I have to restore my 3.12 to a custom 3.13 which won't upgrade the baseband? (I dnt care for the unlock)

tips?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast