+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Do you have a 3GS? Nope just a 3G
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Do you have a 3GS?
    Nope just a 3G

Thanks

That's why you can restore to any version. It's only the £GS (and later iPod Touch) that has the updated security which means FW has to be signed. It does not affect the 2G or 3G phones.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's why you can restore to any version. It's only the £GS (and later iPod Touch) that has the updated security which means FW has to be signed. It does not affect the 2G or 3G phones.
    Boner, and there was me getting all worried!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by larryolive View Post
    Alright,
    So if we have a 3G(S) with 3.1.2 (7d11), with 05.11.07 and I have the new bootrom im pretty sure(something like the 359.9 r soming one...) So does that mean i Cant jailbreak it r is thier a jailbreak out for it yet?
    I'm the same I think. Got an unactivated 3gs on O2, no sim. Didn't realise Apple weren't signing when I tried Blackrain. Didn't work. Then tried Redsnow and PWnage. No joy. Do we have no choice but to wait until there is a another way, if we don't have SHSH on Cydia? Just keep getting error 1604 + 1600 on normal restores to 3.1.2. Stuck in recovery constantly. Am I doing something wrong, or is there nothing I can do yet until there is another way around? Very frustrating as my 2g is dying a slow, cracked death....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi guys, couple days ago I was force to upgrade to the new FW because my phone got stuck so how can I find out if my info is save in Cydia? with the my previous firmware.

Help guys, I can stand looking at my phone as when I bought it and without using my prior applications.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Pretty Bad
    I know I was misinformed when i blindly clicked "upgrade" with my new JB iphone 3gs. All I knew,was that the wifi wouldn't work,so what was the point of ********** when it takes an hour to download an app. So all i wanted to do was restore my phone to stock,wasn't that bothered about the JB. Only after doing this,do I find my 3gs was originally on Orange. I have an o2 contract. I cannot believe the top people , dev team and geohot have just stuck their fingers up at people like me,when every upgrade before,they have worked so hard and fast,with fantastic results. Why do they feel the need to punish people this time round,by not even bothering to try to help ? Just to claify,I bought my 3gs sunday night,worked all day monday,sat down and didn't like the wifi problem,thats all,i didnt kill anybody !!

Thanks

After all the Dev Team and Geo have done to help you and with all the warnings you still upgraded? Why did you stick their fingers up at them like that?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

It is. If you have a 3G just restore to stock 3.12

is it that easy. i have custom firmwares and it is time to do a restore cause the phone is running slow again(3g).

i want to stay with 3.1.2 and my older base band(i don't unlock but if i ever had to sell i would sell it unlocked)

i am afraid to do a custom restore and have itunes force update to the new 3.1.3.

i have been searching for an answer here for a good 2 hours but i read mostly about 3gs and oops i updated by mistake

can any body confirm that it is safe for me to do a shift/restore and 3.1.2 for iphone 3g

thanks
    crazy_dude

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one_crazy_dude View Post
    i....i am afraid to do a custom restore and have itunes force update to the new 3.1.3.

can any body confirm that it is safe for me to do a shift/restore and 3.1.2 for iphone 3g
    Using PwnageTool 3.1.5 to build a custom FW, then iTunes to DFU 'comand-shift-select' to restore this custom FW IS the correct method. Your baseband WILL be preserved. Make sure you select the 'unlock' box if needed. iTunes will not force an 3.13 update ..... but will default to it (if you let it) --- so DON'T AGREE . Select your custom FW for the restore

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

one_crazy_dude (02-10-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone one_crazy_dude's Avatar
    Thanks

you got thanked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spuggied View Post
    I'm the same I think. Got an unactivated 3gs on O2, no sim. Didn't realise Apple weren't signing when I tried Blackrain. Didn't work. Then tried Redsnow and PWnage. No joy. Do we have no choice but to wait until there is a another way, if we don't have SHSH on Cydia? Just keep getting error 1604 + 1600 on normal restores to 3.1.2. Stuck in recovery constantly. Am I doing something wrong, or is there nothing I can do yet until there is another way around? Very frustrating as my 2g is dying a slow, cracked death....
    Sorry if this is like a bumb r anything nut does anybody know if there atleast going to help us out if we have the new bootrom?... I would like to be able to out least downgrade r something to get rid of the wifi/ Random Sound/audio problems.....

Update NeverMind IVe got it jailbroken... last time i kept getting 1604 errors now it worked... im good to go thanks
    Last edited by larryolive; 02-10-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Using PwnageTool 3.1.5 to build a custom FW, then iTunes to DFU 'comand-shift-select' to restore this custom FW IS the correct method. Your baseband WILL be preserved. Make sure you select the 'unlock' box if needed. iTunes will not force an 3.13 update ..... but will default to it (if you let it) --- so DON'T AGREE . Select your custom FW for the restore
    Totally un-necessary for the 3G.
    A straight shift-restore (on Windows) or Option-restore (Mac) would have allowed him to restore to 3.12.
    It is only the 3GS which has the additional security features that mean FW has to be signed.

Thanks

My Fiance' updated her jailbroken, locked and tethered 3G. From what I'm reading, it's pretty simple to jailbreak 3.1.3 and reinstall on the 3G correct? I do not need to unlock, but she would like a few of the jailbroken apps, and I like tethering the phone as a backup internet device. Is there anything special I need to do to regain tethering?

16GB iPhone 3g - 3.1.3/5.12.01
    OSX 10.6.2
    iTunes 9.0.3
    AT&T
    ================================
    Happily hacking my iPhone since 1.0

Don't forget, it is polite to say Thank you!
    ================================

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    I tried everything in sn0wbreeze. I manually put the blacksn0w via iphone browser, I install it via repo in cydia but it always end up in apple logo. Now, I just want to know if I will use this pwnage tool, can I unlock iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with 5.11 BB using blacksn0w? I hope someone can answer this. Thanks again
    no. there is a conflict between blacksn0w and commcenter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami78 View Post
    My Fiance' updated her jailbroken, locked and tethered 3G. From what I'm reading, it's pretty simple to jailbreak 3.1.3 and reinstall on the 3G correct? I do not need to unlock, but she would like a few of the jailbroken apps, and I like tethering the phone as a backup internet device. Is there anything special I need to do to regain tethering?

16GB iPhone 3g - 3.1.3/5.12.01
    OSX 10.6.2
    iTunes 9.0.3
    AT&T
    Just run the beta RedSn0w 0.93 pointing it at the 3.12 IPSW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, I just started working with Pwnage tool and I'm trying to make a custom ipsw with blacksn0w included, but when I add the repo and refresh, it doesn't show the program.
    Anybody know how to do it?

Thanks

I'm really not sure what you are trying to do? What FW are you on? What FW are you trying to go to? Why do you think the Dev Team's s/ware support Geo's s/ware?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

confucious,
    iPhone 3G 8GB on 3.1.2. Not trying to change firmware. 3.1.2 is the one to be on right now as I am unlocked. I restore other phones once in a while and I'm just trying to add a repo and an application to a custom ipsw. It just happens to be Geo's.
    When I run pwnage and try to add the repo, it doesn't pull the application I want to install. (It just happens to be blacksn0w).
    Fo instance, there are a few repos added by default and I'm able to install in my custom ipsw SBsettings without a problem. But haven't been able to add any other repos and applications successfully.
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm trying to read through all the postings and I'm not sure my situation has been covered. So...

I had a jailbreak app crash which dropped me into Safe Mode. When I restarted my 3GS got stuck on the jailbreak pineapple. Anyway, I had to do an Apple 3.1.2 restore. (Did you know iTunes deletes all old/modified ipsw files?) Now I'm trying to get a 3.1.2 jailbreak with PwnageTool 3.1.5 but the build fails almost at the end.

Anybody know why? Any help would be appreciated. I just want a jailbreak. If I can't get a custom ipsw, the only jailbreak left is the tethered blackra1n, correct?

3GS 3.1.2 with FW 5.11

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345