+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev-Team Releases PwnageTool 3.1.5 for Mac OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by spaxx Not a good idea sir. Stay in 3.1.2 What happened to me is my iphone 3GS stuck in apple logo using 3.1.2 firmware. I restore it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    Not a good idea sir. Stay in 3.1.2

What happened to me is my iphone 3GS stuck in apple logo using 3.1.2 firmware. I restore it using 3.1.3 custom firmware to avoid updating the baseband. Is there a possible way to unlock it using blacksn0w without any problems?
    i dont need an unlock. im just ready for a restore. my phone been slow. and cydia is messed up. so i was waiting for an update to fix it all. im trying to figure out the best way to update and jailbreak my phone again.

blacksnow has had alot of problems. i wouldnt use it. blacksnow is makeing alot of the boot loop problems. where you phone boots up and turns off, turns on and off. i know if your in need of an unlock dont. but if your just wanting to upgrade and jailbreak, there as to be away. i do have my shsh just incase. but i have not upgraded at all.

does anybody else know if this is possible?

can you use custom fireware to upgrade to 3.1.3 if you havent upgraded yet? this will be on iphone 3gs new boot rom?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    I want to keep as stock firmware as possible, can I upgrade my jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS to a stock 3.13 and then restore to a jailbroken 3.1.3 firmware?
    Or do I have to restore my 3.12 to a custom 3.13 which won't upgrade the baseband? (I dnt care for the unlock)

tips?
    Stay at 3.12!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Evoss View Post
    and why not for win 7 PwnageTool ??
    Pwnage Tool is for mac only, for windows is Redsnow.....----> from devteam

other way.....sn0wbreeze----> from iH8snow
    Last edited by spider_romeo; 02-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Stay at 3.12!
    thats what i thought. well guess im have to wait.

for iphone 3gs old boot rom, that use custom fireware i would recomend ultrasnow. blacksnow does not work on 3.1.3 only ultrasnow will. so if your on 3.1.3 with 5.11 use ultrasnow.

and if your iphone 3gs with new bootrom like me, sit tight. i wouldnt do anything. stay on 3.1.2 untill the next big update/jailbreak.

my 3.1.2 is in need of a restore, so im just going to restore back to 3.1.2. and jailbreak via redsnow...hee hee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Pwnage Tool is for mac only, for windows is Redsnow.....:----> from devteam
    RedSn0w updates your BB so you can't unlock. It is JB only.

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    other way.....sn0wbreeze----> from iH8snow
    I certainly would recommend this.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i jailbroke using balckra1n - like i mentioned no need for an unlock for me so no probs - now i'm in London on 3 network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

Great news! But is it really worth upgrading from 3.1.2? I dont want to have to start all over, and the features don't really seem that worthy of upgrading for.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    Great news! But is it really worth upgrading from 3.1.2? I dont want to have to start all over, and the features don't really seem that worthy of upgrading for.
    Its not worth it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just to clarify... i have a 3gs (early bootrom) on 3.1.2 on 4.26 baseband. this pwnagetool release will preserve the baseband with a custom firmware so i can unlock with ultrasnow, correct?

Thanks

correct

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

ej3ffrey (02-07-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    You know, none of this would be necessary if people didn't compulsively feel they HAVE to have the latest firmware.

It's one thing when the update brings some new feature, but I was amazed at how many people were like "ZOMG 3.1.3 was just released! I have to update NOWWWWWW! Will I be able to keep all my Cydia apz?" even though it was CLEARLY stated just about everywhere that 3.1.3 added no new features and was primarily designed to force the Dev Team to use another exploit to jailbreak the firmware. Well now the Dev Team has to clean up the mess to appease all the idiots who rushed to update. Come on guys, we've been playing this cat-and-mouse game with Apple for two and a half years running now. I can't believe there are still people who rush to update their jailbroken devices, even when they are explicitly warned not to do so, every time Apple releases a new firmware. Kudos to the Dev Team for refusing use a new exploit on this firmware though.

I just hope some other hacker doesn't give in to all the whining that is likely to follow this release from 3GS users who are now stuck on 3.1.3 and release a jailbreak using a new exploit. It would be a pity if we can't jailbreak 4.0 as a result!

Hopefully, those who rushed to upgrade and got stuck will learn something from this experience. Patience is the greatest virtue of any jailbreaker.

read all warnings didnt update. get iphone this morning and its in recovery mode ??? wtf. ask wife if she touched my phone, yeah she said (btw she has no idea what so friggen ever about phones or computers) yes she updated it ....WHY or friggen WHY did you touch it.

sigh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ironian For This Useful Post:

LEVMAN (02-14-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironian View Post
    read all warnings didnt update. get iphone this morning and its in recovery mode ??? wtf. ask wife if she touched my phone, yeah she said (btw she has no idea what so friggen ever about phones or computers) yes she updated it ....WHY or friggen WHY did you touch it.

sigh
    wow, that sucks

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I bought my brand new 3gs unwanted upgrade last saturday.It was jailbroken,but woulden't log on to my wireless network at home,so i did a restore monday.So,unknown to me,i got 3.13,latest bootrom ect. All I want is to be able to use my o2 contract sim in my phone.Please please Dev team help me.
    I will gladly pay if you can sort my 3gs to work on the network i need. I have got a pay and go orange sim for it today,it works fine,but i dont wanna pay £35 a month to o2 for a sim i can't use !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironian View Post

sigh
    learned it, this not end of the world.....
    she got smart now....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nothing to report for the 05.12.01 baseband folks eh? Had one of my kids accidentally updated their 3G phone. Got it to go back to 3.1.2 the day it happened but cannot downgrade the baseband. Looks like I have to retire this phone until 4.0 then correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curtisdesigngroup View Post
    Nothing to report for the 05.12.01 baseband folks eh? Had one of my kids accidentally updated their 3G phone. Got it to go back to 3.1.2 the day it happened but cannot downgrade the baseband. Looks like I have to retire this phone until 4.0 then correct?
    Yes you right,...wait until unlock for BB 05.12.01 available....

But don't know 4.0 it's will be with the new baseband again or not.

Thanks

There will not be another unlock until the next iPhone

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm still on 3.0.1, 4.26.08 (3G), unlocked, T-Mobile USA, pwn'd w/Pwnage. Never updated to 3.1.2 due to several issues that surfaced last year. IE: network carrier signing, broken tethering, and possibly others. I assume they've been addressed and no longer an issue (I hope).

Is it time for me to upgrade? ... some apps are requiring 3.1.2.

Do/could I loose anything by going from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3) ?
    Last edited by Mes; 02-07-2010 at 06:15 PM.

a1r
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 3gs iphone thats unlocked with version 3.1.2 but yesterday when i was listening to music my iphone just frozed. So now when i try to turn it off or restart it, the iphone just boots up to the apple logo and stays theres. Now when i put it in recovery mode it wont let me restore to 3.1.2 because it says "Not elegible". Can someone please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

already used sn0wbreeze to do this. but it looks like dev team like always needed a little push for them to release theirs. so in that regards i guess it was good chronic devs released theirs