+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Waiting For Windows 7 Mobile Before iPhone Announcement?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
While some were surprised by Apple's decision to focus exclusively on the iPad during the company's recent media event, many shrewdly - and perceptively - expected Apple to save any
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Waiting For Windows 7 Mobile Before iPhone Announcement?

While some were surprised by Apple's decision to focus exclusively on the iPad during the company's recent media event, many shrewdly - and perceptively - expected Apple to save any major iPhone news for a future event of its own. And now that the iPad has been unveiled and one rumor mill is officially put to rest, it's time for another to take root. The latest speculation? Apple is waiting for a Windows 7 Mobile announcement before Cupertino can steal the show once again - right along with Microsoft's thunder.

The latest word we're hearing is that the Mobile World Congress, which is scheduled to begin on February 15th, could provide the forum in which Windows 7 Mobile will take center stage. Still, even now there is no formal evidence to prove a forthcoming Windows Mobile/Phone 7. Then again, Microsoft has been as effective at keeping this under wraps as Apple was about concealing news of the iPad's eventual arrival.

If it's true that Apple's 4th gen iPhone will support multi-tasking, something that Windows 7 Mobile may be unable to do, is it any wonder that Apple would wait until after MWC to utterly outshine and overshadow Microsoft's "best effort" so far in the mobile space? This "best effort" alluded to could also portray a Windows 7 Mobile that can't handle flash or offer NETCF backwards compatibility for older apps.

While plenty of Apple fans would likely love to witness this scenario play out in the days ahead, there remains a strong possibility that Windows 7 Mobile will not see the light of day until the very end of 2010. If so, Apple will have already unveiled the next gen iPhone and - as many expect - its multitasking capabilities, 5 megapixel camera, and an assortment of new and improved amenities that will make the new iPhone as utterly awesome as Steve Jobs has hinted it will be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

hussainally (03-23-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They should wait them out

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who the hell cares about windows 7, 8, or 9...all I want is an iPhone that has flash or an acceptable equivalent, oh and the MacBook Touch that we hopefully hear about in the near future. Windows 

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Samsung owners were told by ms that 6.5 was the last. There won't be a winmo7. They are pissed cos Winmo6.5 is not stable either.

Thanks

This would make sense if the time has passed when Apple announces the new iPhone. It was January in 2007. But the rest have been announced in March. So when March is over then I would question this. but I think they are still on schedule for a March info release date.
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

Thanks

I agree. Apple should wait ms out...they'll only want to 'steal' features from iPhone 4G!

Thanks

I doubt that they are "waiting it out". It's merely a coincidence that winmo7 will be announced in the next week or so. iPhone 4G, if it comes out this year, would most likely be announced in march, whether winmo7 is released/announced or not. I honestly can't imagine Apple considering windows phone mobile or whatever to be a true competitor. Now if google was announcing something, which they may tonight, then you might be on to something.

Thanks

I think there waiting them out
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe MS will explain why some people have a 16 line signature.

EDIT: It reminded me to turn them off. Too bad, some are interesting, but not enough to put up with 16 line ones.
    Last edited by MikePA; 02-07-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    Maybe MS will explain why some people have a 16 line signature.
    lol
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

Thanks

does anyone know when the MS event was announced ? would be funny if apple had leaked that 4.0 was going to be reveal and then MS booked their event afterwards...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbizzy1 View Post
    Who the hell cares about windows 7, 8, or 9...all I want is an iPhone that has flash or an acceptable equivalent, oh and the MacBook Touch that we hopefully hear about in the near future. Windows 
    what macbook touch? it was called the ipad and its already out
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

Default WinMo 7
    The HTC HD2 for T-Mobile is supposed tobe released in April with WinMo 7.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Windows mobile 7??
    IPhone is still better with osx

Green Apple
    Thanks

the next gen iphone will NOT be all that we hope it will be...it WILL be all that Steve Jobs hope it will be....but look how long it took to give us basics like text forwarding, mms, etc....and still no sign of a delete all function for mails.

The iPhone is a wonderful piece of kit but it is far from perfect or as good as people make out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aumz For This Useful Post:

PAKIS-RULEZ (02-07-2010)

Thanks

Apple doesn't need to wait. THe iPhone is already popular, but it might be a good strategy.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

i'm hopeful that winmo 7 will do what win 7 did for the desktop. stability, speed, and overall just working.

i would laugh to the point of tears if OS 4.0 was the next SLOW leopard.

and stop talking about flash, it ain't neva hap'nin, even though palm and android are getting it.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone OS 4.0 better not be another crappy update like Snow Leopard was.
    WinMo sucks anyway. You need a phone with really good hardware for it to work properly and not lag.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find it ridiculous that fanboi's cheer for WinMo or Android to suck. It's unbelievably shortsighted and stupid.

I, for one, am always cheering for them to exceed and beat the iPhone's capabilities. The more competitive they are, the more competitive it's going to force Apple to be and the less we'll have to put up with Cupertino's arrogant idiocy.

How can you not understand that the better the competition is, it only helps YOU and ME.....?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCBnG View Post
    The more competitive they are, the more competitive it's going to force Apple to be and the less we'll have to put up with Cupertino's arrogant idiocy.

How can you not understand that the better the competition is, it only helps YOU and ME.....?
    yes! finally someone understands capitalism! high fives. more competition equals less ******** from apple

and don't leave out the underpaid Iranian children who make these phones, it helps/hurts them too!

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    WinMo sucks anyway. You need a phone with really good hardware for it to work properly and not lag.
    '

is there any operating system that this isn't true for? besides useless proprietary ones?
    Last edited by lolcats1; 02-07-2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost