+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Waiting For Windows 7 Mobile Before iPhone Announcement?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
yeah i was surprised the whole keynote was all about the ipad
    Thanks

yeah i was surprised the whole keynote was all about the ipad
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was entirely WinMo before I switched tto iPhone. In all realiy, I didnt have too many problems with the OS. The guys over at A-Developers did amazing work with the stabily and speed (as well as battery life and gps reception). An HTC tilt with the right rom was WICKED fast.

If Windows Mobile comes out and looks good, I'd be inclined to check it out. If it sucks, I'll just give it to my wife as a "gift" and get another iPhone....lol
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Yes, X D A made winmo at least partially acceptable. I read somewhere that they have already said win mob 7 will not have multi tasking.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

So Windows Mobile 7 was shown today.

Obviously it's not the final version but it looks slick. Like the gizmodo article called it: it out-appled apple

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rawhog View Post
    The HTC HD2 for T-Mobile is supposed tobe released in April with WinMo 7.
    No, it's it's Windows Phone 7 compatable.

WP7 still isn't expected until 'holiday 2010' which I believe is American for about Christmas time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOTrqlz4jo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I was hoping for more from MS - I can't see this tempting me back to Windows on a phone.
    Last edited by confucious; 02-16-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can see history replaying its self. Remember when Apple computers ruled the market. Apple was very strict and wanted to dictate how everything came together, down to the last detail (kind of like the iPhone and App store – forcing people to jailbreak to do any customization). Apple had a few years head start and then along came Microsoft with the philosophy of letting people and developers do what they wanted. It took years for Apple to recover from this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

I was hoping for more from MS - I can't see this tempting me back to Windows on a phone.
    I think this promo video looks really slick...but unfortunately that is all it is: promo.

I noticed they did not show a couple items that are key for any "smart" phone. Email and calendar. That was one of the issues with WinMo 6.x. It has a nicer primary interface, but the apps underneath were still crap! Imagine that really slick interface in this video, and then hit the email button and it opens that 1980's textual-only email interface of the current WinMo. Ugh.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    MS completely revamped the old OS to something better and fresh. im digging it. i dont like the homescreen. lol.

@kwickone
    they have videos on the calendar app. its really nice.

the only thing MS needs to do now is release a phone of its own with this 7 SERIES OS. maybe a ZUNE HD PHONE.... wishful thinking.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried about email and calendar. They rewrote the entire thing from the ground up and it's the first mobile OS to have MINIMUM HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS, which I think it's cool. Right now there's only 2 phones on the market to even meet those requirements, and one of them is the Nexus One.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

This OS is BEAUTIFUL.
    #eli7e revived me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Color me surprised that you have nothing to say but bashing of anything non-Apple related.

Considering the OS development is still going full-swing, it's going to clean up a hell of a lot more before holiday season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

I don't think he was really bashing it at all. He just mentioned he was hoping for more from MS. I see that as with how much MS has in the software and OS business you would think they would make something that really stands out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Color me surprised that you have nothing to say but bashing of anything non-Apple related.
    I think most people would be surprised - I used WinMo for a lot longer than I've used anything Apple - in fact my iPhone is the only Apple product (apart from an old iPod and a G4 I bought but have never used) that I own.

I was probably better known on the WinMo scene than the iPhone scene and really only saw my iPhone as a stopgap before I went back to WinMo. A lot can, and I'm sure will, change between now and when it's released but it's not just the software.

So far I'm not impressed, but who knows? By the time WP7 is released I might be using something completely different.

But I doubt it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12