Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sn0wbreeze Jailbreaks iPhone OS 3.1.3 : blacksn0w & ultrasn0w Can Still Unlock

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    I want to clear this up before the thread gets to 20 pages

***IF THE 4th AND 5th CHARACTERS OF YOUR IPHONE 3GS SEEIAL NUMBER ARE 39 OR LESS YOU HAVE THE OLD BOOTROM ANYTHING ELSE WONT WORK
    actually mine has the old boot rom and the set of numbers on mine are 47 so this is not accurate

Yea I'm gonna wait.. I think everyone else should wait as well until all the bugs are out of the box.... this is the fastest jailbreak I have seen shorty after the release of an updated firmware from Snapple.....

Basically- just be smart about it..Im just glad the dev team and others can continue to stick to Apple and all his henchmen....

As I have always said- STEVE JOBS if you dont like ppl jb the phone then open it up to where ppl can do what they want in the first place.. If not I'll just do whats best for me....

This is confusing. Does sn0wbreeze downgrade your baseband? This doesn't seem likely. I have a 3G that is on 3.1.3 with a 5.12.xx baseband and the guide on the first page doesn't address this baseband (only 4.26 and 5.11). What's the word on the updated baseband?

Soz if this is a dumb question but is any body working on a hack for the iPhone 3Gs's new bootrom? NVM
    Last edited by dsg; 02-06-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: pointless question

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is at 44, but mine's refurbished so we are the lucky exceptions to the week 39 or below rule

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.D View Post
    Use aptbackup and u can restore all your jailbroken apps.
    I've used it before and found it often fails - it also results of some apps loosing all thier settings

Use rock, it has built in backup which works great!

Quote Originally Posted by xdevilox View Post
    Use rock, it has built in backup which works great!
    Will Rock backup JB apps installed with Cydia prior?

Okay so if the phone is already been updated to 3.1.3 (and thus updated the baseband) you're SOL, correct? I bought a 3G that was already on 3.1.3 and it has the updated baseband.

I think this article needs to include that this only works if you're using the custom firmware. Its NOT a solution for people who have already updated to 3.1.3.

IMHO this is not something I would try on my phone.
    It looks like the author hasn't tried much either - a very poor, untested hack that will work for some but can't be recommended.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I'm sooooooooo confused and frustrated. I just bought the Iphone 3GS yesterday off of a friend and it is firmware 3.1.3, model starts with MC and 5.12.01. I want to just unlock it and use it for T-mobile. Should I just return it and get my money back? I don't know what to do and I'm not that iphone savvy to fully understand what you all are talking about. Can anyone explain this to me in dummy terms lol.?

Thanks

no unlock for you just yet

Quote Originally Posted by ivycharlaine View Post
    I'm sooooooooo confused and frustrated. I just bought the Iphone 3GS yesterday off of a friend and it is firmware 3.1.3, model starts with MC and 5.12.01. I want to just unlock it and use it for T-mobile. Should I just return it and get my money back? I don't know what to do and I'm not that iphone savvy to fully understand what you all are talking about. Can anyone explain this to me in dummy terms lol.?

Everyone went nuts for no reason. I love you, you jailbreaking pioneers you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Damn It
    hope this wasn't the only exploit, now apple will be able to patch it for the real upgrade in 4.0! there isn't anything new in 3.1.3 why the **** would you waste an exploit on a boring upgrade! POINTLESS stay on 3.1.2 and enjoy your phone until 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought a 3g yesterday that was already upgraded to 3.1.3 and I tried jailbreak with redsn0w,used sn0breeze to get ipsw and it woork for unlock BUT i get no signal at all with tmobile or att sims instaled.is the somthing else i need to add to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG..OMG,,,the sky IS fallin....Apple(the cat) is chasing the jailbreaker(the mouse)..and every time it seems like the cat has the rebel mouse caught..he escapes thru a hole(exploit)..but all the other scared mice watching and quivering and pissing thru their little mouse-penises throw up their hands(paws) and declare"the sky is falling-Apple has kicked our ***"....and I will never buy an Apple product and Im selling my iPhone and I'm getting a droid.....I'm tired of JB"ing my phone and trying to stay 1 step ahead of those elite bas"turds"....but isnt the chase and being on the lam 99% of the fun?..if not, get a reg cell phone and dont worry about the mousetrap that life has waiting for you!

thx you dev team.Geohot and all the others...I have donated.....thx to yuse my iPhone is a piece of art.

signed yours truly,
    ....Chicken Little

Thanks

3.1.3 has name display
    i think that a major update

Quote Originally Posted by macboy1206 View Post
    hope this wasn't the only exploit, now apple will be able to patch it for the real upgrade in 4.0! there isn't anything new in 3.1.3 why the **** would you waste an exploit on a boring upgrade! POINTLESS stay on 3.1.2 and enjoy your phone until 4.0

Is there any estimated time frame on when they'll be an unlock available? I just want to know if I should return this iphone. This seems really confusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    no unlock for you just yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ok i can confirm this doesnt work on the old bootrom 3gs. just got stuck at the bootscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by ivycharlaine View Post
    Yes, you should prolly return it. This exploit is will not work on iPhones that have already been upgraded to 3.1.3 via iTunes. In order for this to work, you have to be on 3.1.2 and get sn0wbreeze to make you custom 3.1.3 firmware that doesn't upgrade your baseband. If you're baseband is 5.12.01 (which you say it is), you can NOT unlock it right now. Possibly in the future but not now. So unless you want a fancy iPod touch until 5.12.01 is unlockable, I'd return it.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast