+ Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sn0wbreeze Jailbreaks iPhone OS 3.1.3 : blacksn0w & ultrasn0w Can Still Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by UiK I got my 3GS the day it came out. It's jailbroken and reboots normally, but the model number is MCxxxx. How does that make sense? It
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UiK View Post
    I got my 3GS the day it came out. It's jailbroken and reboots normally, but the model number is MCxxxx. How does that make sense? It def has the old bootrom cause my dad has the new one and everytime his battery dies I have to "Make it ra1n" to boot whereas mine doesn't
    I have exactly the same issue! I don't understand it at all, can or can't I jailbreak now? Mine is a replacement iPhone 3GS so does that have to do something with it?

Uik, do you also have a replacement iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdevilox View Post
    I have exactly the same issue! I don't understand it at all, can or can't I jailbreak now? Mine is a replacement iPhone 3GS so does that have to do something with it?
    Same thing here. I ordered mine online 2 weeks before the 3G(S) came out and got it on launch day, yet my model # starts with MC. I'm JB'd on 3.1.2 right now via Blackra1n untethered. Just like when 3.1 came out and redsn0w was making custom firmwares to JB it, I think I'll stick to what works until something more concrete surfaces.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil McFly View Post
    Same thing here. I ordered mine online 2 weeks before the 3G(S) came out and got it on launch day, yet my model # starts with MC. I'm JB'd on 3.1.2 right now via Blackra1n untethered. Just like when 3.1 came out and redsn0w was making custom firmwares to JB it, I think I'll stick to what works until something more concrete surfaces.

I have the same thing as you and like I said it doesn't make sence how they say it not to use this if it's MC

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty fast, that's awesome. I don't really see a point in upgrading to 3.1.3 right now, there's nothing special about it unless you've had those 2 or 3 problems that it fixes. Great job though with the fast JB and Unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The MC thing about 3G[S]s is a typo. sn0wbreeze WILL work on 3G[S]s with the old bootrom. So as long as you have the old bootrom, you will be fine. Just asked iH8sn0w, and this is the official word.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

great news! I'll wait a while untill some more stable jb programs get realeased tho since the SHSH backup didn't work for me so I don't want to risk anything. Btw, is there an ******* available for 3.1.3 or do we use the 3.1 one from hackulo.us? Thanks.

Thanks

my ipt3's model # starts with PC, that means stay away from sn0breeze, right?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MexiChriS View Post
    But what are the new features anyways on 3.1.3!?!? Still don't even know...

curious, why are you staying behind!? Mines done by DevTeam's mac program and running Firmware: 3.1.2 (7D11) Baseband: 04.26.08 ...I for one won't touch anything other than release's from DevTeam! So I won't be updating till they release something to the community.

Same here...

Green Apple
    Thanks

SO if this requires your iPhone to be already jailbroken, when you restore the custom firmware - does that mean you have to reinstall all your jailbreak apps or is all of that retained from you previous setup?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Use aptbackup and u can restore all your jailbroken apps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Same here...
    I'll go with that too. And also, I don't really see any point in updating right now. The phone works perfectly, so why mess up with it. I'll wait for 4.0 (hopefully there will be some major updates on that, or else 3.1.2 is just fine!!!).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So those of us whos model 3GS that start wtih MC have no hope?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Sn0wbreeze didn't work for me on the iPhone 2G, I tried it twice and kept on getting error from iTunes.

Tried redsn0w just after and it worked like a charm.

Cheers dev's.

Thanks

Sorry I recently updated my firmware to the new 3.1.3 without reading all these posts. Before this I used Blackra1n to jailbreak my 3GS phone. Is there any way I can re-jailbreak my phone. I use Windows OS. I would appreciate any advice, but please keep it simple as I am a complete novice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by y2martt View Post
    So those of us whos model 3GS that start wtih MC have no hope?
    This question needs to be answered since a lot of folks are asking it.
    My model is MC135LL and it was purchased as a refurb on black Friday ($49.00 don't hate me) it is jailbroken with Blacka1n and I reboot it all the time and it remains jailbroken.

-Luis

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I had 3.1.2 jailbroken and my shsh registered with Cydia...having my phone jailbroken is pointless to me the only reason I have it jailbroken is because I can tether using mywi.....when I heard that you can tether without jailbreak and use native tethering I upgraded to 3.1.3 now not only do I have 3.1.3 I got baseband 05.12.01 ??? So now what am I screwed or possibly in near future a jailbreak will be available for 3gs with new baseband

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for keeping us posted however I'll keep my 3G's with 3.1.2 until 4.0 comes in the summer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I want to clear this up before the thread gets to 20 pages

***IF THE 4th AND 5th CHARACTERS OF YOUR IPHONE 3GS SEEIAL NUMBER ARE 39 OR LESS YOU HAVE THE OLD BOOTROM ANYTHING ELSE WONT WORK

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.D View Post
    Use aptbackup and u can restore all your jailbroken apps.
    Use ROCK and all your Cydia & Rock apps are backed up and restore. Why bother using aptbackup? I've yet to get it working correctly and that in itself means it's problematic. Install ROCK and make voila!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Already answered question
    Quote Originally Posted by nkgneto View Post
    This question needs to be answered since a lot of folks are asking it.
    My model is MC135LL and it was purchased as a refurb on black Friday ($49.00 don't hate me) it is jailbroken with Blacka1n and I reboot it all the time and it remains jailbroken.

-Luis
    Already answered:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5113033