+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sn0wbreeze Jailbreaks iPhone OS 3.1.3 : blacksn0w & ultrasn0w Can Still Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Guys need some help... i used snowbreeze to upgrade and jailbreak my iphone 3G to 3.1.3 and everything works well...i had a jailbroken 3G iphone on 3.1.3 with 5.11.... then
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys need some help... i used snowbreeze to upgrade and jailbreak my iphone 3G to 3.1.3 and everything works well...i had a jailbroken 3G iphone on 3.1.3 with 5.11.... then i install blackra1in and suddenly my iphone hanged up....i tried to turned it off then switch it again but i only got the blackscreen and the snowbreeze logo...hope someone can give me some advice.....

Thanks

I'm hoping you mean you tried to install BlackSn0w not BlackRa1n (now that would be really stupid!)

Since Sn0wbreeze bricked so many people's phone's as BlackSn0w is not compatible with 3.13 even with BB 05.11.07, some people have adapted BlackSn0w to work with it.
    Look for BlackSn0w RC2.

Why on earth did you want to 'upgrade' to 3.13 in the first place and what on earth possessed you to us eSn0wBreeze?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just followed the instructions in this link Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie then this one for the unlock Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 3G 3GS with blacksn0w | Redmond Pie then i download blacksnow then my iphone hanged up... any idea on how can restore or make it work again?

Thanks

Redmondpie does publish a load of rubbish at times.
    Why on earth did you want to do that?
    Like I say, if you can find BlackSn0w RC2 it should work after you've restored using your custom FW.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have to restore my iphone coz im having problems with the themes i have installed before... my problem now is that im stuck in the black screen with the snowbreeze logo and itunes didnt recognize my iphone when i connect it to my pc.... do you have some idea on how can i restore it? thanks for your time....

Thanks

Put the phone in DFU mode (google it - iClarified has instructions) then restore to your custom FW or to pain 3.12
    3.13 is a pointless upgrade for the 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks! ill try it...thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys,
    Ok so I have an iphone 3gs jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n which was running on firmware 3.1.2! I have never had the reboot problem as its been unteethered and been usng this phone since december.For some reason all of a sudden it went off. When it came back on it kept getting stuck at the iphone logo. I tried to do a restore to 3.1.2 and of course apple won't let it work!
    SO I done some research and read about the loop problem. I got irecovery to work and even got to the irecovery prompt. However when I do printenv, nothing comes up!
    When I run the whole:
    setenv
    auto-boot true
    saveenv
    /exit or reboot or fsboot

It reboots but goes back into the loop again. I don’t think I have the cydia shsh thing so I really don't know what’s going on. I can't restore it to 3.1.3 cos otherwise I won't be able to unlock it.

Can anyone help me? I don't know how it managed to get into this loop and for now it seems I can't get it out! It's driving me crazy and now I have no phone!

Please please help!!!!!!

Also I forgot to mention,
    because this iphone 3gs used to use the old unteethered jailbreak , is it worth trying the snowbreeze jailbreak (http://www.redmondpie.com/sn0wbreeze...3gs-3.1.3/)and blackra1ning?

Tis is only if I have no other option!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know if the restore in DFU mode will work on 3GS but it work on my 3G a few hours ago... big thanks to confucious!

Thanks

iPhone users sn0wbreeze will ask you if you want the pwnd .IPSW to be activated. If you have your iPhone on a legitament carrier and activate via iTunes click no. If you unlock your phone in order to use it on your carrier click yes.

hi guys im on this step here - if i want my phone to be unlocked what do i choose yes or no? im on att but only for the time being, im looking to sell this phone "unlocked" to someone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post

hi guys im on this step here - if i want my phone to be unlocked what do i choose yes or no? im on att but only for the time being, im looking to sell this phone "unlocked" to someone
    I'm in the exact same boat.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a message when using spirit:
    FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)
    whats wrong with this??

+ Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112