+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDroid Mini Browser: How Did Apple Let This One Get Away?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's not really functional for me. Way too laggy right now.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

It's not really functional for me. Way too laggy right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    For me this browser is 10x faster at loading pages than safari. My mind is blown away
    Me as well, immensely faster. Love the tabs. Only problem for me is that since it cannot import Safari bookmarks I'd like to see it integrate with delicious..... infact that would be better than bookmark importing.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

so this is a clone of the droid browser? as in the Motorola droid?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it is crazy that they mention on the app description page - "You must be at least 17 years of age to download this game."

Check it out it is right underneath the free app and description on the left side...

Thanks

Thanks again to the OP for the tip..downloaded and ready to test!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

it does have a nice suggestive text format in it's url bar though. it got modmyi right off with 4 letters. Very cool.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

I DL'd it this morning and it got a 2.0 update today around 4:00 (-5.00 GMT) with a bunch of bug fixes an performance upgrades.

Thanks

dude i can't download the upgrade! what the fukkkkk? it will download, but then change to the old icon, and the update show up again.

urgh

Thanks

Apple has not updated it on all servers yet. I was just able to download it now. Just wait a few minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    Apple has not updated it on all servers yet. I was just able to download it now. Just wait a few minutes.
    will do. surprised that a port of android loveliness got through? a sign of things to come?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    will do. surprised that a port of android loveliness got through? a sign of things to come?
    You can still do more with the Safari browser. The tab browsing and quick visual bookmarks (nine from what I can tell) are nice. It loads fast on first boot up and then lags to a crawl even on a wifi broadband connection. Took about one and a half minutes to load apple.com (my second site visited using it) and then around four minutes to load rottentomatoes.com (my third site visited). It loaded modmyi.com very fast which was the first site I tried.

Still a slow experience compared to Safari. It also crashed while loading rottentomatoes and toucharcade (the only two sites I tried to load simultaneously).

Seems to cache sites (can't find a setting to delete cache) and appears to load them faster after first attempt. This time rottentomatoes loaded in about one minute give or take a few seconds.

Pinch to zoom is a little slow in rendering. Looks like copy and paste of text is there. Doesn't appear that you can save images though, within this browser.

Options bar: Find text within a page, bookmarks list (and visual bookmarks on each tab that doesn't have loaded content within), close tab button, go back, go forward, and add bookmark to your bookmarks list.

I installed version two and it doesn't look like landscape viewing is available. Seems nice for viewing multiple pages at times but you still need Safari as an everyday browser.

Saving past session tabs and opening pages inside safari or sending links via sms/mail is needed. Saving photos to albums would also be nice, not sure though what Apple would allow for a minimal browser inside the app store. Still needs work but might get a space on my springboard if it is updated to include some of the things I've mentioned above. Plus it needs to be more stable.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    You can still do more with the Safari browser. The tab browsing and quick visual bookmarks (nine from what I can tell) are nice. It loads fast on first boot up and then lags to a crawl even on a wifi broadband connection. Took about one and a half minutes to load apple.com (my second site visited using it) and then around four minutes to load rottentomatoes.com (my third site visited). It loaded modmyi.com very fast which was the first site I tried.

Still a slow experience compared to Safari. It also crashed while loading rottentomatoes and toucharcade (the only two sites I tried to load simultaneously).

Seems to cache sites (can't find a setting to delete cache) and appears to load them faster after first attempt. This time rottentomatoes loaded in about one minute give or take a few seconds.

Pinch to zoom is a little slow in rendering. Looks like copy and paste of text is there. Doesn't appear that you can save images though, within this browser.

Options bar: Find text within a page, bookmarks list (and visual bookmarks on each tab that doesn't have loaded content within), close tab button, go back, go forward, and add bookmark to your bookmarks list.

I installed version two and it doesn't look like landscape viewing is available. Seems nice for viewing multiple pages at times but you still need Safari as an everyday browser.

Saving past session tabs and opening pages inside safari or sending links via sms/mail is needed. Saving photos to albums would also be nice, not sure though what Apple would allow for a minimal browser inside the app store. Still needs work but might get a space on my springboard if it is updated to include some of the things I've mentioned above. Plus it needs to be more stable.
    About the landscape mode. You have to go into the settings app and scroll down until you see the idroid icon, tap it and it will give you the settings. Landscape mode by default says it is on, but you must turn it off then back on to make it work. Hope it helps.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

dude this app blazes on my dad's 3gs. as for my 2g ipod, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaag

Thanks

i think i like this better than safari, quick links page is awesome, tabs are much smoother too!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger92 View Post
    About the landscape mode. You have to go into the settings app and scroll down until you see the idroid icon, tap it and it will give you the settings. Landscape mode by default says it is on, but you must turn it off then back on to make it work. Hope it helps.
    Up for sharing...was wondering why landscape mode was gone after my update.

Thanks~

Thanks

Just got this and it's great, it just works...much prefer it to safari, though wish it had the option to make it the default browser, so I never have to use safari again.

Also, I think the ability to customize the settings would be great...security, privacy etc...will set it apart from the rest

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yea it was slow for me too. I bet it gets yanked anyway
    @ Stealth - Try the new update 2.0...it's much better.
    Last edited by iLaw-One; 02-06-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

No landscape for me - enabled in settings but just doesn't work

Scrub that last comment- I disabled and re- enabled it in settings and landscape is working- I actually quite like this now!
    Last edited by dazza; 02-06-2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

2.0 is an improvement but still isn't as smooth as it should be. It needs the "2 finger swipe" feature when in landscape so you can go back and forward a page with the swipe of two fingers like on MBP's. Saying that, Safari doesn't have that either

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Someone needs to figure out how to make it the default web browser on the iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Someone needs to figure out how to make it the default web browser on the iPhone.
    YES! I'd pay A LOT for that!