+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verifone Introduces PAYware Mobile-iPhone Credit Card Reader

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Verifone released a device and App to go along with it that will directly compete with Square, the new startup by Twitter creator Jack Dorsey, in the iPhone/iPod touch payment
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Default Verifone Introduces PAYware Mobile-iPhone Credit Card Reader

Verifone released a device and App to go along with it that will directly compete with Square, the new startup by Twitter creator Jack Dorsey, in the iPhone/iPod touch payment space. The App and Device by Verifone is called PAYware Mobile. This free application, when paired with the hardware, allows you to use your iPhone to easily accept credit card payments, just as Square does. But, VeriFone also clearly believes its solution is the safer bet for merchants thanks to its secure payment gateway.

A quick download of the PAYware Mobile app to your iPhone 3G or 3GS opens the door to increased sales and margins by enabling you to accept more "card present" payments. And the app is remarkably easy to use. Just swipe the card and a tone tells you the fully encrypted transaction data has been accepted. Push a button to capture the signature. Push another to add a tip to the bill. Push one more to finalize the sale.

Want to email the receipt to your customer? Click. Done.

Any time, you can review previous transactions, check daily transaction summaries, even bring up a map showing where each transaction took place.
    Powerful, yet easy-to-operateSignature captureOne-button, customizable email receiptsPA-DSS certified

It’s the complete payment solution that transforms the iPhone into a secure payment portal. With VeriFone’s PAYware Mobile, you’ll never miss a sale. Simply swipe a card, capture a signature and enjoy the convenience of payments wherever, whenever. With PAYware Mobile, not only do you have the ultimate in convenience, you have the ultimate in security. In addition, the app-plus-reader combination can lower your cost of accepting credit cards by 30%. PAYware Mobile. Solid. Secure. Delivered.
    You're also paying for this extra security. VeriFone's solution has a $49 activation fee, along with a monthly fee of $15-25 on top of the 17-25 cents you're paying on each transaction. Verifone has acquired The Phoenix Group, one of the largest independent distributors in the POS industry, to distribute the device and set-up Gateway and Merchant accounts. They have developed subsidized pricing options when choosing a 2-year agreement and one of their "third-party" merchants. However, if you choose to bring your existing merchant account over to PAYware mobile, you will be paying around $25 a month and $0.25 per transaction just in Gateway Fees in addition to your merchant fees.

The PAYware Mobile device also gives you the ability to obtain signatures with it's built in stylus, just one more of the addition security features with this device.

Currently PAYware Mobile works only with the iPhone 3G and 3GS models. It is not backward compatible with older iPhone models. However, Verifone says that the device will be compatible with future models as well. It will be an interesting battle to watch as Verifone and Square compete in the card reader market.

Video Demos are available via the PAYware Mobile website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verifone Introduces PAYware Mobile-iPhone Credit Card Reader-1.png   Verifone Introduces PAYware Mobile-iPhone Credit Card Reader-paywaremobile-c1.jpg  
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-04-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

kingskid07 (02-04-2010), mmarion71 (02-05-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

That's awesome. I will look into it to see how it compares to the merchant fees I am currently paying,

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you cant do that on the droid now can ya?
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

Thanks

WOW, what else are they going to release for the iphone? a hooker that pops from the screen and starts giving u a *censored for little kids*

This is as crazy as the iPhone car remote start...
    Last edited by aldech; 02-04-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's very cool.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ticko's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone but me just really want the heat-sensitive stylus....id love a pen to poke open my apps or tap away some annoying messages

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ticko View Post
    does anyone but me just really want the heat-sensitive stylus....id love a pen to poke open my apps or tap away some annoying messages

Why don't you get yourself a windows mobile device or an ipaq...

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

HOW IS THIS A STORY? THIS IS AN APPLE DEDICATED WEBSITE AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN INTO AN APPLE STORE OVER THE PAST 6 MONTHS??? THEY HAVE REPLACED ALL winmo DEVICES WITH IPOD TOUCHES IN SPECIAL CASES THAT FEATURE NOT ONLY A CREDIT CARD READER, BUT ALSO A BUILDIN BARCODE SCANNER. THE WHOLE THING SYNCS THROUGH WIFI TO A MAC SERVER IN THE BACKROOM. HOW IS THIS NEW?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

A Retired Mod (02-04-2010)

Thanks

The device being used in the Apple stores are not available to the public. This is the first device capable of reading credit cards for the iPhone that has been released to the public. I am sorry that you are confused...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

@Politicalslug I live about a mile away from one, I go there about once a week, So I do know what it is. Anyhow good thing, Maybe one day I will get one ;P
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    HOW IS THIS A STORY? THIS IS AN APPLE DEDICATED WEBSITE AND NOT ONE OF YOU HAVE BEEN INTO AN APPLE STORE OVER THE PAST 6 MONTHS??? THEY HAVE REPLACED ALL winmo DEVICES WITH IPOD TOUCHES IN SPECIAL CASES THAT FEATURE NOT ONLY A CREDIT CARD READER, BUT ALSO A BUILDIN BARCODE SCANNER. THE WHOLE THING SYNCS THROUGH WIFI TO A MAC SERVER IN THE BACKROOM. HOW IS THIS NEW?
    This was seriously a useless statement. As you stated this is an Apple dedicated website and your angry that we are covering news about newly released hardware for your apple device?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    You don't seem to understand that get that Apple's credit card acceptance technology is proprietary and not for anyone else to use. This is a solution for everyone besides Apple.

I can't stand ugly bold red capitalized posts. They seem to always draw attention to worthlessness.

Thanks

What's worse is that a mod thanked him
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-04-2010 at 07:28 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

cpjr (02-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

What is Square's rates because I feel that they were much better... Also, I do like the idea from the idiot in red about barcode scanners. Mix the barcode scanner with a credit card reader, that will be a hit if it works and is priced right.

Thanks

^I am trying to find out more information on that. Square gives its hardware and accounts away for free, but plans to take a small percentage of each transaction. As soon as I can find out the percentage I will post back.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

What I find frustrating (and here I am with the Bold RED again) is that I made this same comment 6 months ago when all of these iPod/iPhone/Mac sites on the net began talking about the 'square' as though it were something new and relevant. The tech is there and has been there, and one stop at the Apple Store would have made that painfully clear. Not once has the article writer mentioned that. Not now and not then. Given that simple fact I say again, this isn't news. Also, do any of these have barcode scanners built in?

Thanks

Because the article does not pertain to the fact the the Apple Store employees are using a device that scans barcodes and reads credit cards. I think every member on this forum knows that exists. The article has to do with a new device that allows ALL BUSINESS OWNERS to use this on their personal iPhones. It is a brand new device, it is for an APPLE iDevice, it IS news.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i rather just type my credit card number in the screen instead of having some fat case on my phone, and for signing my signature i would use a FINGER!!! why is he using a pen, like he thinks the iphone cant use a finger anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

While I trust that the kit being used in Apple stores are all legit, there is no way I would let my card go through one of these that a random company was using.

What is there to stop someone running a jailbreak app in the background to scrape all the card details?

To me there are too many back-doors around for me to trust one of these over a standard GSM based card reader

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going to see some people ignorant about this technology saying, "Im not going to swap my credit card on your iPhone, you can still my id"
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App